What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

George King Redshirting

And if you are that guy, have you thought about playing football for the Buffs?

Could he play tight end?

Funnily enough I actually played TE at my highschool back on the east coast. I've thought about maybe walking on to the team here but I really don't have the time to do that and schoolwork. I also don't think I'd be very good anymore.

EDIT- It was also a perennial powerhouse of a highschool so I didn't see too much playing time! Haha.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Damn it does look like a mini ball in his mits. That Leonard guy from the Spurs, his hands look very similar to King.

you can't say that without an explanation
I think it may be a benefit to have a year of experiencing play at the college level under the belt before going into a red shirt because it gives the player a baseline to draw from during the RS year. Just throwing it out there as a theory and not necessarily a fact. Kind of like working a year or two before working on your Masters degree vs going straight from your undergrad into a Masters program.

Last edited:
Funnily enough I actually played TE at my highschool back on the east coast. I've thought about maybe walking on to the team here but I really don't have the time to do that and schoolwork. I also don't think I'd be very good anymore.

EDIT- It was also a perennial powerhouse of a highschool so I didn't see too much playing time! Haha.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cool.

I wasn't being serious. I was making an obscure reference to another thread where Goose threatened to ban several posters at the suggestion that one of our better B-Ball players play tight end (inspired by J. Thomas with the donkeys). Good luck in your studies!

:cheers:

I think it may be a benefit to have a year of experiencing play at the college level under the belt before going into a red shirt because it gives the player a baseline to draw from during the RS year. Just throwing it out there as a theory and not necessarily a fact. Kind of like working a year or two before working on your Masters degree vs going straight from your undergrad into a Masters program.

Excellent theory! I believe the ol' ball coach, Steve Spurrier expressed similar thoughts at an earlier point in his career. Use your FR as back-ups and then redshirt 'em. It would disabuse many of their HS glory feelings right away and could inspire some real work ethic during the RS year.

Back