What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

George Solich letter to Buff Nation.

Now can you put the links up with the "worst head coaching hire of the year?"

How about the SI link you and I both posted? Embree received a D. One guy received a C, another a C+. Everyone else was B- or higher.

Is the argument here that when we hired Embree he was "D" quality and then morphed into an "F" while at CU? Good lord we are awful. :doh: I really hope we've finally hit bottom. P.S. I think we can safely say most people felt if it wasn't the worst hire, it was right up there.

Last edited:
Is the argument here that when we hired Embree he was "D" quality and then morphed into an "F" while at CU? Good lord we are awful. :doh: I really hope we've finally hit bottom. P.S. I think we can safely say most people felt if it wasn't the worst hire, it was right up there.

Since JE and EB are Buff who were blessed with McCartney's endorsement, and since a request was made to Buffnation for patience, I was willing to give the hire the benefit of the doubt and not render a bad grade. Who doesn't want to see one of our own succeed?

In hindsight I was suckered. This became painfully clear to me at the Fresno watch party, prior to the end of the first quarter.

A lot of Buffnation's goodwill has been cashed in by our university over the last decade.

Since JE and EB are Buff who were blessed with McCartney's endorsement, and since a request was made to Buffnation for patience, I was willing to give the hire the benefit of the doubt and not render a bad grade. Who doesn't want to see one of our own succeed?

In hindsight I was suckered. This became painfully clear to me at the Fresno watch party, prior to the end of the first quarter.

A lot of Buffnation's goodwill has been cashed in by our university over the last decade.
With McCartney's endorsement, I was suckered too and jumped on the AllBuffs bandwagon of positivity. For once, the national writers were correct in their assessment.

Wait it took you 2.25 games to figure that out? :smile2:

Wait it took you 2.25 games to figure that out? :smile2:

Well in fairness, there was no video stream for the SacState loss and CU was up 14-0 when I left the house to do an errand.

There are some things in life I know about and do not care to see. Hawk's KU meltdown that got him fired and the Sac State game are up on that list.

Well in fairness, there was no video stream for the SacState loss and CU was up 14-0 when I left the house to do an errand.

There are some things in life I know about and do not care to see. Hawk's KU meltdown that got him fired and the Sac State game are up on that list.

I think the 2001 Fresno State home opener loss always gives me hope that we can play a bad game early and perhaps right the ship. Of course the Montana St loss, Toledo loss, Hawaii loss, Sac St loss, etc have since taught otherwise...

Back