What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Give AD Mike Bohn a grade

Grade the Athletic Director

• Total voters
Cleaned up the image of the athletic department. Seems to have keen business sense... but the all important W's are lacking in the major programs.

I gave him a B. He's done a good job with getting our MBB team in the right direction, and he's done a good job with the PR.

I like Bohn a lot. But everytime someone asks me what I think of him, Dick Tharp always comes to mind. So I think Mike Bohn is doing a good job. :lol:

Was a janitor for the department when he arrived. Made some big name hires that looked smart at the time and tried to energize the fan base to get back to supporting the Buffs. Good intentions and initial success do not compensate for the current state of affairs. Another couple of years of losing football and m&w basketball programs and skiing and XC championships won't be able to mask how far the school has fallen.

He's done an excellent job selling tickets for the school. I really expected a big dip in ticket sales, and he did a good job getting back to where we were last year, which is a big deal imo. He's done a good job facilities wise.

All we need is for his hires to pull their end of the weight.

He gets a solid B from me. He can't control the performance of the teams in the department. He's hired coaches that came highly recommended. None of us had issues with any of the hires when they were made. We may have had other ideas, but when push came to shove, we recognized that the hires were probably as good as could have been expected.

His adamant refusal to recognize that the "experiment" to remove beer from Folsom was an unmitigated failure, and then compounding that failure by removing beer sales from the CEC, keep him from getting an "A" from me.

He gets a solid B from me. He can't control the performance of the teams in the department. He's hired coaches that came highly recommended. None of us had issues with any of the hires when they were made. We may have had other ideas, but when push came to shove, we recognized that the hires were probably as good as could have been expected.

His adamant refusal to recognize that the "experiment" to remove beer from Folsom was an unmitigated failure, and then compounding that failure by removing beer sales from the CEC, keep him from getting an "A" from me.
Dude. Seriously? You're still pissed about beer? :lol:

Dude. Seriously? You're still pissed about beer? :lol:

Pissed about it? Not really. But that's his legacy, now. It was a failed experiment that wasn't an experiment at all. We all knew they were lying to our faces when they said they'd see if the beer ban had any impact on alcohol consumption. It very clearly has NOT had even the slightest impact on alcohol consumption. All it's done is taken several hundred thousand dollars of revenue away from the AD.

It's Bohn's deal. He has to live with a stadium that isn't full at kickoff because of his bonehead policy. That is keeping him from getting an "A" from me. I still think he's done a good job.

Pissed about it? Not really. But that's his legacy, now. It was a failed experiment that wasn't an experiment at all. We all knew they were lying to our faces when they said they'd see if the beer ban had any impact on alcohol consumption. It very clearly has NOT had even the slightest impact on alcohol consumption. All it's done is taken several hundred thousand dollars of revenue away from the AD.

It's Bohn's deal. He has to live with a stadium that isn't full at kickoff because of his bonehead policy. That is keeping him from getting an "A" from me. I still think he's done a good job.

That's his legacy to you. To others they'll see the more positive things he's done in Boulder. Not discontinuing the sales of a beverage. :rolleyes:

C-??!! You were just calling for him to be fired? You're the whole reason I even made F an option!!!:lol:

I got tired of slamming "swing and a miss", thought bohn should get some action :lol:

I don't care for his hires but he's much better than the previous sun tanned, liquor mart AD.

That's his legacy to you. To others they'll see the more positive things he's done in Boulder. Not discontinuing the sales of a beverage. :rolleyes:

I think you're missing the point. I'm giving him a B. I'm even giving him a pass on his hiring miscues as I'm pretty sure he went through a consultant for the big hires. I don't know how he can possibly get an "A" though, if he's too stubborn to admit what to the rest of us is an obvious mistake.

C+ with a chance to improve. Liked his hires but results do matter. Also tailgating fiasco.

C+ with a chance to improve. Liked his hires but results do matter. Also tailgating fiasco.

To his credit, he corrected the tailgating fiasco pretty quick. Chances are that the whole clusterfuk wasn't his idea in the first place, and he had to run fire control after the fact.

I think you're missing the point. I'm giving him a B. I'm even giving him a pass on his hiring miscues as I'm pretty sure he went through a consultant for the big hires. I don't know how he can possibly get an "A" though, if he's too stubborn to admit what to the rest of us is an obvious mistake.
He can't publicly admit the coach was a problem until he fires him. It would be a pr disaster and completely unprofessional. I am pretty sure bohn is as pissed and dissapointed as the rest of us. In fact, I am positive.

I gave him an A before reading Sackys post. Id back it out to a B or B- from the revenue standpoint. All Id add to Sackys post is that there may have been forces behind Bohn pushing beer out of the CEC. Politics.

Overall Bohn is a major upgrade from Dick Tharp. His business sense, communication, and openess are major bonuses. He recognized that Gary Barnett had allowed our football program to deteriorate and he made a change. He also felt that Ricardo Pattons time had run out. Few of us had a problem with it at the time or the hires to replace them. While I will not put him up with Bill Marolt hes pretty close. I suspect he will know when and how to react to the Hawkins situation when the time comes and I trust him in that.

To his credit, he corrected the tailgating fiasco pretty quick. Chances are that the whole clusterfuk wasn't his idea in the first place, and he had to run fire control after the fact.
Probably true. However, buck stops somewhere. It reflected badly on the school and angered the boosters. He has to take responsibility for the actions of his department.

Probably true. However, buck stops somewhere. It reflected badly on the school and angered the boosters. He has to take responsibility for the actions of his department.

Come on. On a scale of one to ten, the tailgate fiasco was proabably like a 2.

The dept made a small mistake, fans complained, and the AD fixed it. What more do you want?

I gave him a C because I think he's basically done the job he was hired to do, but he's been nothing special. I think the administration wanted the image of the athletic programs to be cleaned up, and also wanted a reduction on certain things like coaches salaries, and Bohn has accomplished that.

But his coaching hires are turning out to be highly questionable. I've also never cared for his "rah-rah" schtick since the first time I heard him interviewed. :huh:

Come on. On a scale of one to ten, the tailgate fiasco was proabably like a 2.

The dept made a small mistake, fans complained, and the AD fixed it. What more do you want?
It was an obvious and stupid mistake. It's on the ledger. This is a time to weigh things. Nobody had mentioned so I thought I should add it to the discussion. But ya it's probably only a 2 or 3 on the importance scale.

He signed a ten year deal which sucks. "F" him. I hate that ****. The thing should have ended. Fire his ass. How much is a CU loss earning the Buffs, effing idots. Money, money, money, all the liberal arts majors suck. Neg rep me Daah you pansie.

Sizzle: A
Steak: C-
Steakhouse: B-
Cash Register: B

Back