What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Glad to See "Away" B-ball remains Consistent

Buffenuf

massive tool
Beaten from the FT line again. The usual crap of having the away team's fouls doubled versus the homies! Tough to play good "D" when breathing hard nets you a whistle and the other side a couple of un-contested shots! Or when you're on the bench with 5 fouls. Uh, just how many WYO players fouled out? Zero, you say? While three of our better defenders fouled out? Seems fair......NOT!

After all, there NO "D" for a free throw! (Anybody see the Louisville-No. Ill. game yesterday? The No Ill. guy was mugged on a final 3pt. attempt that would have tied the game and the refs just ran away--no 3 FTs awarded! Too "F'n" typical ! I can't watch away games at all because of this BS, but the Buffs better get used to it! KU is master of the "home court advantage".)

Last edited:
I was only able to watch the second half and it struck me pretty quickly that the refs were tired, they couldnt keep up with the game and were calling fouls out of position. One guy called contact on a layup attempt when it was actually the Wyoming guy who pushed off, the ref was in a poor position to see any contact. The other prime call was a charge when the defensive player was slipping before the contact was made. Not sure if it made the difference but it was obviously bad

Free Throws in CU's home games:

Wofford 2-2
Colorado 28-36

Air Force 8-14
Colorado 22-28

Texas Southern 12-20
Colorado 33-44

If we benefit from "home cooking", then we really don't have a gripe being on the other side of it on the road. I realize that each game is different, and matchups can cause the FT discrepancy. My point is that when you go on the road, you should expect that the other guys will get more calls and shoot more FTs - fact of life, move on.

Last edited:
Free Throws in CU's home games:

Wofford 2-2
Colorado 28-36

Air Force 8-14
Colorado 22-28

Texas Southern 12-20
Colorado 33-44

If we benefit from "home cooking", then we really don't have a gripe being on the other side of it on the road. I realize that each game is different, and matchups can cause the FT discrepancy. My point is that when you go on the road, you should expect that the other guys will get more calls and shoot more FTs - fact of life, move on.

You have to remember all those teams tried to shoot over us and we are a slashing team that draws contact around the basket.

You have to remember all those teams tried to shoot over us and we are a slashing team that draws contact around the basket.
Absolutely true - hence my comment "matchups can cause the FT discrepancy". I'm just saying that complaining about the home team shooting more FTs is like complaining that rain is wet.

Officiating benefits the home team in basketball.

If we want to win on the road, we've got to play better than we have to play at home. I'm not going to waste my time yelling at clouds. Buffs need to pick up their game.

Booker and Chen's intensity on the road concerned me more than Wyoming's refs doing a little home cooking.

Washington had a special night drawing the charge, rebounding under either basket, and making some insane shots somehow go through the hoop.

I learned that CU need Booker to win. Dinwoody and Dre cannot carry this team without his help. The freshmen like Scott and Xavier got some good experience last night against an inspired undefeated team that had painted a target on a ranked CU team. But the new guys weren't able to pick up the slack caused by Chen and Booker having an off night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Booker and Chen's intensity on the road concerned me more than Wyoming's refs doing a little home cooking.

Washington had a special night drawing the charge, rebounding under either basket, and making some insane shots somehow go through the hoop.

I learned that CU need Booker to win. Dinwoody and Dre cannot carry this team without his help. The freshmen like Scott and Xavier got some good experience last night against an inspired undefeated team that had painted a target on a ranked CU team. But the new guys weren't able to pick up the slack caused by Chen and Booker having an off night.

CU is very susceptible to charges, the offense relies heavily on dribble penetration. Expect teams to have this at the top of their scouting reports of CU.

Officiating benefits the home team in basketball.

If we want to win on the road, we've got to play better than we have to play at home. I'm not going to waste my time yelling at clouds. Buffs need to pick up their game.

Always has benefited home team, always will. You do have to play better on the road to win.

Always has benefited home team, always will. You do have to play better on the road to win.

Like the women last season against Oregon there? 30 FTs for OU to 5 for the Buffs?

Eight versus five really isn't fair. CU coulda played lights out (they didn't) but 30-5 when the teams were pretty evenly matched ???? C'mon!

Last edited:
Back