What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Goat Nation meltdown....

Personally I think Fairhawkins is doing a wonderful job in Fort Collins. I would hate to see them even think about replacing him without giving him at least 10 years to turn things around...

It goes to show what a miracle worker Sonny was, I also recall him being pissed by some of the 15K crowds at Hughes.

CSU is getting ready for FCS ball. Look at their schedule the next couple years

It goes to show what a miracle worker Sonny was, I also recall him being pissed by some of the 15K crowds at Hughes.

If they ever start winning, first thing they should do is tear down that stadium. Not only does the stadium suck, so does it's location.

If they ever start winning, first thing they should do is tear down that stadium. Not only does the stadium suck, so does it's location.

Chicken/egg. I would submit that the first thing they need to do is tear down that dump and relocate their vet school out there and put the new stadium where the vet school is now. Build a 40K on-campus stadium and the fan support would be immediate.

Many have turned on Fairchild and refer to the season as the SF farewell tour. One guy even has started a countdown to the end of the season, presumably, because they will fire SF and hire Urban Meyer, Jim Tressell, Leach or Mangino...and no I am not kidding, they actually have suggested those names as realisitic possibilities. Why they don't add Saban to the list remains a mystery.:rolling_eyes:

To be fair.. some here thought Mike Shanahan and Les Miles were all but ready to come here and coach..

CSU is destined to be left behind in a non-AQ conference, whatever that turns out to be. They won't be able to compete with the AQ conferences, the money differential will be mind boggling, but there's no reason they can't be competitive with non-AQ schools. All they need are a few players. Fairchild went all in on Pete Thomas, but he doesn't seem to be the savior. Imagine he were Robert Griffin III, though, and how many games would CSU win? Give them one decent WR, even a player like Scotty McKnight, and their offense would be exponentially better. It doesn't take much at that level to win some games. Heck, they're awful and they might get to a bowl this season.

I just can't get over how delusional their fans are. They've won 3 games each of the last two seasons, yet they just knew that they would beat CU--even though CU has a better record against better competition, even under Hawkins. They're their ****ing furious about the loss and can't understand how it happened. Nutjobs.

I disagree. I think that if CSU does well, it makes the perception of Colorado football across the nation general better. It helps when Air Force wins, it helps when CSU wins. It brings positive light to the state of Colorado, making it more attractive to come here (and obviously come to the top football program in the state). However.. I agree with Sackman (yikes). I don't think they have the administrative support or the fan support to become a good team all the time.

We will see on P.Thomas. I think he will do well the rest of this year and then as a Junior and Senior. yes he threw 3 picks against UNC - he threw 0 against our Buffs, so does that mean that UNC's defense is better than ours? no... He has two games without a turnover to 1 game with turnovers... I think that is him being young as opposed to being a BAD qb...

Nope- Can't agree here.
If Tulane or Louisiana Tech sucks at football (and they normally do) it doesn't take away the perception of Louisiana football. As long as the LSU Tigers are dominant that state will be looked at favorably. Screw csu.....they have no bearing on our Buffs. If Colorado had been a top 10 team lets say the last 6-7 years perception of the state of colorado football would be looked at differently.

Nope- Can't agree here.
If Tulane or Louisiana Tech sucks at football (and they normally do) it doesn't take away the perception of Louisiana football. As long as the LSU Tigers are dominant that state will be looked at favorably. Screw csu.....they have no bearing on our Buffs. If Colorado had been a top 10 team lets say the last 6-7 years perception of the state of colorado football would be looked at differently.

Damn straight. Its not depth of football ability that matters. Two teams ranked 40th does nothing. All people care about is the headliner.

Nope- Can't agree here.

Playing Devil's advocate here - but would you say the perception of football is better in Lousiana or Alabama? I'd say Alabama, as they have two very strong programs. I think there's some validity to the idea that a strong CSU would help the perception of football in Colorado. The problem is that I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

It would be important for CSU to be good if the two teams were in the same conference.

They are not. CSU plays in a dog **** conference and can't even field a winning season in that dog **** conference.

And why do the turds at ramtardnation refer to CU as UCB?

Is that some kind of insult?

Guess it's time to start referring to them as CSUFC just so no one confuses them with CSU Pueblo, where a college football team on the rise actually plays. Irrelevant &%#s.

Guess it's time to start referring to them as CSUFC just so no one confuses them with CSU Pueblo, where a college football team on the rise actually plays. Irrelevant &%#s.

yes that's an insult in their childish minds...
always will be the little brother..

I think that is as close to witty as they can get.....:rolling_eyes:

Playing Devil's advocate here - but would you say the perception of football is better in Lousiana or Alabama? I'd say Alabama, as they have two very strong programs. I think there's some validity to the idea that a strong CSU would help the perception of football in Colorado. The problem is that I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
Ok, who do most people see as having better football Louisiana or Mississippi? Mississippi has 2 SEC teams, usually ranked around 40, and I guaranty the majority of people around the country think of Louisiana as having better football.

CSU started out behind the rest of the BCS level schools and is falling further and further behind.

They had their savior on the field and financially with Sonny and Stryker, they were ranked in the top 25 on a regular basis for a period of time and the Stryker donation was the biggest in the history of their athletic department. The end result, they are back to their historical bottomfeeder status, they are further behind the rest of their second tier conference in facilities. Attendance is consistently declining and is already near the bottom of the BCS division.

The CU athletic department made a profit last year, CSU pulled close to half their budget as a subsidy from the school. They may want to get rid of Fairchild but there is a question about if they will have the money to do it.

They may have a few up years occasionally where they reach a lower end bowl game and win 6-8 games but they are not likely to have the resources to ever compete on a regular basis in their conference. They could not sell 30,000 tickets for a game against a top 10 Cal team a couple of year back and their only games with attendance over 30k in recent years have been because of visiting fans from schools like BYU (no longer on the schedule), Air Force, and Wyoming.

I think realistically it is only a matter of time until they have no choice but to go to the Big Sky level where they should be able to compete on an even footing and even expect a level of success.

They will lose some fan support but I don't think it will be that much. It will be more than compensated for by the huge cut in the cost of operating a program at that level. 63 scholarships, greatly reduced travel cost, much lower recruiting expenses, etc. will more than make up for pitance they lose in attendance and in MWC media revenues.

Last edited:

Air Force

Many have turned on Fairchild and refer to the season as the SF farewell tour. One guy even has started a countdown to the end of the season, presumably, because they will fire SF and hire Urban Meyer, Jim Tressell, Leach or Mangino...and no I am not kidding, they actually have suggested those names as realisitic possibilities. Why they don't add Saban to the list remains a mystery.:rolling_eyes:

Also, Pistol Pete Thomas, who was until 9/17 at 11:30 a.m., the second coming of Joe Montana, is now a goat (pun intended) and a bust who can't see the field or throw it deep.

Phrases like worst Offense in D 1 are also bandied about (although there is some question as to whether CSewe truly is a D 1 program).

Complaints about crummy fans, a second rate facility (obviously there are some that are just figuring this out) and broad based lament that they play in a weenie conference nobody cares about and their games are broadcast on a network with the same viewership as Battle Creek, Michigan town council meetings.

Overall, it is pretty entertaining...a guilty pleasure, but still fun.

maybe if they actually came out and supported their team they would have realized this? :huh:

They thought they had a 75k seat stadium in the heart of Denver. For most CSU fans that is the only game they go to.

And they can't even come close to selling their allotment for that.

I remember a couple years ago goat fans were wanting to schedule a team like Nebraska and play it at Mile High. Can you imagine, it would be 90% red.

Back