What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Goat Nation meltdown....

I know 1 person from CSU that went to the game this weekend - & I think about 45% of my high school graduating class went there. Every single person that I know that went to CSUFC is a fan by proxy - i.e. putting "Go Rams", "Beat the Fluffs" or something creative like that has their Facebook status.

And why do the turds at ramtardnation refer to CU as UCB?

Is that some kind of insult?

Guess it's time to start referring to them as CSUFC just so no one confuses them with CSU Pueblo, where a college football team on the rise actually plays. Irrelevant &%#s.

They can't stand to think that CU is "Colorado." By doing CUB, they believe they are limiting CU to just Boulder and that CU doesn't represent anyone outside of Btown.

They can't stand to think that CU is "Colorado." By doing CUB, they believe they are limiting CU to just Boulder and that CU doesn't represent anyone outside of Btown.

You're making it sound like it's the result of deeper thinking than it is. They're not trying to marginalize our brand within the state. It's more like this:

"There ain't nothin' but queers and hippies in Boulder. We hates Boulder. We is gonna start calling them CU-Boulder. Their fans is gonna hate that. Hahahahahaha. Now pass the high boots, it be my turn with the sheep."

CSU is the type of place that would suit him, IMO. I doubt they can afford him, though.

They wound up with Earl Bruce under similar circumstances(he was 81-26 when OSU fired him)Leach has won every judgement so far in his suits vs TT,so maybe $$ wouldn't be that big of a hang up???...

If money is no hang-up, then why would he go to CSU? There are many, many schools that are in better situations if money is no issue.

Ramnation thinks they're paying their next coach $1MM +. Wrong

If money is no hang-up, then why would he go to CSU? There are many, many schools that are in better situations if money is no issue.

I agree. I think it's more likely that someone like Arizona (assuming Stoops fails this year and is fired) would hire him.

I doubt he ends up there either,Ole Miss is my hunch,just saying.A savy AD can get it done....which they don't have

Ramnation is filled with delusional morons like Beerfight,80's ram, ramdom and bvp4heisman.

The two biggest douchebags are beerfight and ramdom. Beerfight thinks the rams have all this great young talent every year and by 2057 it should pay off.

CSU fans like him are more obnoxious than husker fans. Yeah, I said it.

I hate CSU fans as much as the next person, but let's be honest, CU fans aren't the best either (present company excluded). We couldn't even sell out the opener against Cal! Folsom seats less than 55,000, right? That's pretty weak. I hope the rest of the home games are sell outs. At the very least, the Oregon and USC games BETTER be sold out. (Disclaimer: I live overseas otherwise I'd be there myself) :lol:

I hate CSU fans as much as the next person, but let's be honest, CU fans aren't the best either (present company excluded). We couldn't even sell out the opener against Cal! Folsom seats less than 55,000, right? That's pretty weak. I hope the rest of the home games are sell outs. At the very least, the Oregon and USC games BETTER be sold out. (Disclaimer: I live overseas otherwise I'd be there myself) :lol:

I should neg rep you for this since you obviously aren't buying any tickets yourself. Attendance and ticket sales are pretty solid, considering the ****show we just fired.

My office is mostly CSU grads. All but one didn't say more than two words to me. I even took down my Vickers pic (but left up the 61-20-2 sign up). It's like they honestly thought CSU had a chance in the game.

Yeah, he would sell some tickets and get that program turned around.

Or not.

How many more tickets would they sell just because of Mike Leach, 20%, 30%? The still would be well under 30k per game. They didn't average 30k when they were ranked and probably the highest profile team not from a major conference.

As far as turning them around Leach is a very good coach but is he going to do anything more than make them a middle of the road team. He would still have facilities that are on the bottom end of the MWC. He would have one of the lowest recruiting budgets in major college football and Fort Collins is not like Tech sitting in the middle of one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.

Mike Leach coming to CSU is a fantasy for them to start with but if he did come his chances of success would be pretty limited. If he did manage to have some success he would then get hired away by a school with bigger budgets and a higher ceiling for success and CSU would return to their spot on the bottom of the heap anyways

Or not.

How many more tickets would they sell just because of Mike Leach, 20%, 30%? The still would be well under 30k per game. They didn't average 30k when they were ranked and probably the highest profile team not from a major conference.

As far as turning them around Leach is a very good coach but is he going to do anything more than make them a middle of the road team. He would still have facilities that are on the bottom end of the MWC. He would have one of the lowest recruiting budgets in major college football and Fort Collins is not like Tech sitting in the middle of one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country.

Mike Leach coming to CSU is a fantasy for them to start with but if he did come his chances of success would be pretty limited. If he did manage to have some success he would then get hired away by a school with bigger budgets and a higher ceiling for success and CSU would return to their spot on the bottom of the heap anyways

They are a middle of the road team now. Leach would do much better than that. He didn't have elite talent at Tech and won games every year. Why? Because his system can win games without elite talent.

They are a middle of the road team now. Leach would do much better than that. He didn't have elite talent at Tech and won games every year. Why? Because his system can win games without elite talent.

What road is that? They're back to back 3-9 while playing in the MWC and putting a 1-AA on the schedule every year.

What road is that? They're back to back 3-9 while playing in the MWC and putting a 1-AA on the schedule every year.

it doesn't take much from being at the bottom of the conference to middle of the pack. Mike Leach would do better than that.

BTW CSU didn't play a 1-AA team last year.

^^This^^

They lost their last 9 games in a row last year including losing by 40 to their supposive "rival" Wyoming who wasn't exactly an SEC champion team.

The have been last or next to last in the MWC the last two years and in the bottom 3 in the league at least 5 out of the last 10 years with no conference championships in that stretch and only a couple of .500 seasons despite their FCS opponents.

They have the lowest football budget in a non-AQ conference and are behind on facilities.

The Rams are closer to being an FCS program than being a middle of the road BCS level program, even for a non-AQ conference.

it doesn't take much from being at the bottom of the conference to middle of the pack. Mike Leach would do better than that.

BTW CSU didn't play a 1-AA team last year.

You're right. I was thinking that escape against Weber State was last year. It was the year before.

They didn't play a 1-aa last year but. . . they lost to Miami (OH) by 21 points. Lost to Nevada by 45, TCU by 27, Air Force by 22, Utah by 53, BYU by 39, and Wyoming by 44. Not only did they lose but they weren't even close. Their wins came by 2 against mighty Idaho, and against UNLV and New Mexico, not exactly murderers row.

Year before, they lost 9 straight after winning their first three including a Hawkins special, and only beating 1-aa Weber State on an unforced error.

Year before that they had their big bowl year made possible by a win over Sacramento State. This followed another 3-9 season which included a win over Georgia Southern.

You can look at it in any direction you want to, they are one of the weakest programs historically in division 1 football and have shown no signs that they can change that.

chatter is that MWC and C-USA merge, and Big 12 and Big East Merge. Big 12 could lose auto qualifying status and MWC could gain it, depending on who they poach from C-USA and whether or not TCU would come back rather than play in the Big 12-2-1-4+Least...

An autoqualifying conference brings in bigger TV bucks and higher star power coaches, who knows what would happen to CSU if that happened.

Edit: Should mention that this is assuming that the big 12+ east is Baylor, KU, KSU, ISU, Mizzou, Cinnci, South Florida, Louisville, TCU and WVU(if the SEC doesnt get them.)

Also assumes that the MWC +USA is CSU, BSU, UW, UN, UNLV, AFA, SDSU, keeps TCU, brings back in BYU, and adds the 12 teams from the C-USA + 2 other schools to create some super nasty 24 school super conference... Idk who comes up with this stuff except the C-USA commish...

Last edited:
chatter is that MWC and C-USA merge, and Big 12 and Big East Merge. Big 12 could lose auto qualifying status and MWC could gain it, depending on who they poach from C-USA and whether or not TCU would come back rather than play in the Big 12-2-1-4+Least...

An autoqualifying conference brings in bigger TV bucks and higher star power coaches, who knows what would happen to CSU if that happened.

I think that if superconference happen the BCS system will radically change and "AQ" will have no meaning.

Back