What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gofundme for Nathan Bain

LaserDeathHawk

Club Member
Club Member
After their upset of Duke the gofundme for this kids family to rebuild their home after a hurricane destroyed it has grown to more than $100k

Now I love this and think it’s great.

But where does the NCAA stand on things like this? Seems like a very real vector for corruption in the system.

Link? Purely curious about the boundaries of something like this
NCAA has no boundaries.

This time they were smart enough to recognize that taking away this kids scholarship would create way more negative publicity than they want to deal with.

With the California law paying players for their likenesses and some other things coming down in the future along with the fact that they have barely touched the issue of a bunch of their big name schools passing 100s of thousands of dollars around for recruits even they are smart enough to figure out that this is not a PR battle they want to get involved with.

At least so far. Now if the NCAA went ahead and did something completely stupid like ruling him ineligible or saying he had to pay back the money that wouldn't shock me at all.

/*-
Is there hurricane insurance or is that just too expensive in those areas?
Prior to the hurricane the Bahamas was the third wealthiest nation (GDP per capita) in the Americas. Despite this there is still a lot of poverty.

This kids dad was a church pastor and ran a school. I doubt that the money for insurance was easily available.

That is the point that is being missed in this. It is being presented as funding a new home for the family but is actually to build that home but also to help rebuild the church and school.

After Katrina, Hurricane riders in these locales are either not offered or are extremely expensive.

Insuring for local Bahamians isn’t really realistic. Insuring for regular joe Floridians on the coasts is inching towards unrealistic.

I own without a mortgage and self insured this past year after being cancelled twice. The cat five Dorian spinning 40 miles from my house was not a great feeling. I have insurance again, but they seem to enjoy taking my money up until hurricane season, then cancelling me. Such a joy.

Last edited:
Back