What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Going for 2 in the third quarter

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
That's a big no-no for me, but I'm sure glad it worked out. Gutsy call, and it paid dividends.

BTW - I couldn't watch the play. I sat down and covered my head and waited for the crowd reaction. Yes, I'm a coward, but that really made me nervous. :wow:

There were only 34 seconds left in the third quarter, so I didn't really have a problem with the call.

When CU scored, I immediately said to my dad that they had to go for 2. As BB said, the 3rd quarter was over and what's the difference being down 4 vs 5 in the 4th quarter? Not much.

That's a big no-no for me,

Look at the match man it made perfect sense if they had gone for the PAT it would have been 31-27 (or26 if we missed) at the end with us needing a touch down to win. With the 2pt it either gives us the chance to tie with a field goal or if we miss we are in the exact same place down a TD.

you think being able to watch the play was stressful try being forced to watch the game via blackberry.

I thought it took nuts. I applaud Hawk for it. Reminds me of Osborne and the famouse two point failure.

Really though, either way I think it was cool of him

I don't either with the way the game was going after halftime (With CSU already trying to run the clock out). Kicking the extra point did as much good as going for two and missing.

I typically hate going for 2 before the 4th quarter because there is a lot of football left to be played. Case in point - if we're down 23 - 28 and CSU kicks a field goal, we're down by 8 points. That forces us to go for two if we manage a touchdown. With 15 minutes of football left to be played, it's a very real possibility that CSU could have kicked a field goal.

Like I said, I usually don't approve of going for 2 before the 4th quarter. I'll give Hawk credit for A) having the balls to do it and B) having the right play called to maximize the chances for success.

Back