What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good article on MacIntyre from ESPN

I guess that means everybody should be positive. That's a quality needed in a rebuild.

Zippity ****ing do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Actual stats > Your guess

First, you didn't answer the question, which was what about the game actually played made you think we would win more than 1 out of 10 against UA. Second, the number you threw out there isn't an "actual" stat. It is a probability spit out by a computer before the game was played. I.e., just a "guess," only made by a computer.

I think we are better than last year, but not by a wide margin. I don't think we'll win a Pac-12 game. OTOH, UA will go 4-5 or 5-4 in conference play, making them the definition of a middling Pac-12 team. Since we won't beat any of the 4 or 5 teams worse than UA (we only play 2 or 3), I have a hard time seeing how we win more than one out of ten against UA.

I know you think we'll beat Cal and I am counting on you to promptly remind all of us of some computer ranking that has us ranked ahead of Cal. It doesn't change my opinion.

I realize that I have to be patient with HCMM and not hold my last several years of frustration with the program against him. It isn't his fault we don't have any athletes on this roster. However, the fact remains we are once again historically bad. You can pretend otherwise, I choose not to.

While I don't necessarily disagree with what he's saying here, it does sound a lot like what Hawk used to say. I'll give MM credit for not speaking in tired cliches all the time, but this talk of "doing it the right way", and "working on the process" sounds awful familiar to me. The difference - I hope - is that MM actually knows how to accomplish what he's talking about.

That is the difference. HaLk liked to wax on about philosophies he has read about and has a passion for at the moment. HCMM is talking about what he learned from his dad, Parcells and Cutcliffe then successfully implemented himself when he got his first HC job. That's describing a way of life for him, not a Successories poster.

We held the leading rusher in the nation to 119 yards. The QB ran for 192 yards, had the game of his life. If the defense had been able to contain the QB we would have probably won. Problem was our best LB was spying Carey every play. We have another LB like gillam out there and I think we win. We are getting there. You can see the improvement. Everything is showing progress, even the W column. I am excited to see what HCMM can do with another year.

1. First, you didn't answer the question, which was what about the game actually played made you think we would win more than 1 out of 10 against UA. Second, the number you threw out there isn't an "actual" stat. It is a probability spit out by a computer before the game was played. I.e., just a "guess," only made by a computer.

I think we are better than last year, but not by a wide margin. I don't think we'll win a Pac-12 game. OTOH, UA will go 4-5 or 5-4 in conference play, making them the definition of a middling Pac-12 team. Since we won't beat any of the 4 or 5 teams worse than UA (we only play 2 or 3), I have a hard time seeing how we win more than one out of ten against UA.

2. I know you think we'll beat Cal and I am counting on you to promptly remind all of us of some computer ranking that has us ranked ahead of Cal. It doesn't change my opinion.

I realize that I have to be patient with HCMM and not hold my last several years of frustration with the program against him. It isn't his fault we don't have any athletes on this roster. However, the fact remains we are once again historically bad. You can pretend otherwise, I choose not to.

1. You're right, I didn't directly answer your question, mainly because I thought your comment about UA winning 90% of the time didn't have mich merit. To provide an actual answer, I just pulled up a statistic that predicts CU winning ~22 games out of 100 and UA ~78 games out of 100. Each game would be independent of each other and I'm going to side with the side that has actual statistics to back up the claims, where as yours are just a complete guess by you. I don't think for a second we should have won that game, but it was against a team we could win a game against, yes there is a difference between those two statements. If you really want to know why I thought the game could have been closer would be because of Sefo's two missed throws, one where he slightly overthrew DD (think DD could have made the catch if he dove for it) and then the INT that Sefo threw where he had DD a step open but just threw it too late and the safety stepped into it where both would have been touchdowns. They didn't happen so it doesn't really matter.

2. I'm not the only one who thinks we will beat Cal.
Cal
Sonny Dykes' first year in Berkeley isn't going anywhere as planned. Injuries have hurt the Bears and they've been blown out in every game, save their win over FCS Portland State. Plus there is a quarterback controversy. Their best chance at a win is when they visit Colorado the week before they go to Stanford. But they've been awful on the road and Colorado has been better at home than on the road. Cal goes winless in conference in Dykes' first season.

Result: 1-11 (0-9)
http://collegefootball.scout.com/2/1340886.html

CU
Colorado is showing signs of life under Mike MacIntyre, with three wins this season and just looking more competitive, though they have still had a couple of ugly losses. But the effort is finally there. That said, only their home game against Cal looks winnable but the future is looking much brighter under Mac, so a 4-8 record is a step in the right direction.

Result: 4-8 (1-8)
http://collegefootball.scout.com/2/1340886.html

So, once again computer rankings and relatively unbiased sources (more unbiased than you or me) predict us to beat Cal (well maybe not beat as far as computer rankings go but they state that CU is a better team than Cal). It's kind of funny how against actual numbers you are in this whole thing. You can also look at the common opponent scores, they are very similar.

Oregon
CU: 16-57 (@CU)
Cal: 16-55 (@Oregon)

Oregon State
CU: 17-44 (@OSU)
Cal: 17-49 (@Cal)

Cal may have more talent on paper but they have suffered a whole lot of injuries, they have absolutely no defense, and they have a defense that makes a Hawkins coached team look good at tackling.

3. I'm not even sure where the hell you are drawing your conclusion from. Where have I said we are good? Where have I said that we have the athletes? Whole lotta **** you're throwing in there about stuff I haven't talked about since probably when we played OSU and we were almost all grounded.

Last edited:
Oh, Tini. I give up, mostly so I can stop pissing off the rest of the board. You win. We would beat UA 22 games out of 100 and they would beat us 88 games out of 100. On the nose.

Oh, Tini. I give up, mostly so I can stop pissing off the rest of the board. You win. We would beat UA 22 games out of 100 and they would beat us 88 games out of 100. On the nose.
At least you recognize

Damn, you need some remedial math classes.

I've seen several people comment about MacIntyre losing his cool in the post-game, but I haven't seen any specifics. Would someone please fill me in? What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's 50% Blaise Pascal, 50% Erwin Schrodinger and 50% Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz.

I've seen several people comment about MacIntyre losing his cool in the post-game, but I haven't seen any specifics. Would someone please fill me in? What happened?

He came in and said he'd answer 3 questions and that was it. He stayed longer, but his answers were brief and 'turse'. It lasted 5 minutes or so, he got up pretty abruptly and left. He was pissed.

I for one have no problem with it. He wasn't rude...just short. He clearly has passion and wants to be successful and knows AZ was beatable. He doesn't have a reputation as a very patient man, which I'm okay with. Certainly you have to give kids time to get better, and as long as he doesn't take it out on the kids like JE's staff seemed to, I'm okay with it. Patience as a virtue is overrated IMO.

Tried to track down a link for you, but I can't find it any more on CUBuffs.com. He was really terse and clearly aggravated, but it was far from the next Coors Light commercial.

He came in and said he'd answer 3 questions and that was it. He stayed longer, but his answers were brief and 'turse'. It lasted 5 minutes or so, he got up pretty abruptly and left. He was pissed.

I for one have no problem with it. He wasn't rude...just short. He clearly has passion and wants to be successful and knows AZ was beatable. He doesn't have a reputation as a very patient man, which I'm okay with. Certainly you have to give kids time to get better, and as long as he doesn't take it out on the kids like JE's staff seemed to, I'm okay with it. Patience as a virtue is overrated IMO.
yep. nailed it

We held the leading rusher in the nation to 119 yards. The QB ran for 192 yards, had the game of his life. If the defense had been able to contain the QB we would have probably won. Problem was our best LB was spying Carey every play. We have another LB like gillam out there and I think we win. We are getting there. You can see the improvement. Everything is showing progress, even the W column. I am excited to see what HCMM can do with another year.

We held to 119, 5.2 average, and 4 TDs. That's doing some work there.

We held to 119, 5.2 average, and 4 TDs. That's doing some work there.

Bro, eat some halloween candy, it'll make you feel better. You really don't need to worry about managing expectations and keeping spirits from getting too lifted. We get it, we suck right now.

Last edited:
Bro, eat some halloween candy, it'll make you feel better. You really don't need to worry about managing expectations and keeping spirits from getting too lifted. We get it, we suck right now.
He won't quit...as much as we all want him to. We know things are bad. But he's master of the obvious. I edited,the rest of my post which was much worse than this. Sick of this tool.

Last edited:
He won't quit...as much as we all want him to. We know things are bad. But he's master of the obvious. I edited,the rest of my post which was much worse than this. Sick of this tool.

Someone needs to balance the sunshine pumping going on. I like that he lays it out there straight up. Are you saying that you are completely pleased with recruiting?

Back