What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good Boulder bar to watch other CFB games during the day?

HerpeticHusky

Hi Buffs,

Some friends and I are making the trip down from Seattle. With the game starting godawfully late, we were hoping to post up somewhere with lots of large TVs to watch the SC/Cal and TCU/OKST games. Maybe Penn State/Iowa too. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi Buffs,

Some friends and I are making the trip down from Seattle. With the game starting godawfully late, we were hoping to post up somewhere with lots of large TVs to watch the SC/Cal and TCU/OKST games. Maybe Penn State/Iowa too. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers.
I heard this place is good. Don't worry about getting to the game on time - not much traffic between the two locations.

cowboys-stadium-large.jpg

If on Pearl Street, probably Lazy Dog.

Harpo's (just east of 28th street on Arapahoe) or Dark Horse (just east of 28th street on Baseline) would work.

Fate has a shuttle to the game, I think. At least they did last year. Farther east on Arapahoe.

Backcountry Pizza is good. They have an awesome beer selection. And walking distance to Folsom if you can get a spot there. They don't have the huge sport bar TVs, but they do have a decent amount of TVs in their bar area.

I'll get **** for this but one of my favorites is the UMC bowling alley. Only place to buy beer on campus, quiet, never crowded and a giant tv they'll turn to whatever you want

Boulder doesn't have a ton of sports bars - but I'm partial to Harpo's. Everything there is pretty decent.

Plenty of good recommendations above if you want something that is walking distance to Folsom.

If you want gigantic TVs everywhere and don't mind driving 20 minutes down the freeway you can check out Dave and Buster's. It's well outside of Boulder so you won't get that college town atmosphere there, but if having every game available on a giant screen is more important to you then that is the spot. Endorsed by Lee Corso and Desmond Howard. :D

Last edited:
I'll get **** for this but one of my favorites is the UMC bowling alley. Only place to buy beer on campus, quiet, never crowded and a giant tv they'll turn to whatever you want
Way off topic, but who gives a ****....a husky started the thread. When did the bar with the stage get removed in the UMC? It was located adjacent to the pinball area. I was in a band when I was at CU and we played a couple of gigs there. This summer, I went back to have a look at the place where all my dreams almost came true, and the bar and stage were gone....

I feel like the bowling alley is a hidden gem, and the second DiStefano remembers it is there then he will shut it down
I spent many a night at the UMC bowling alley...there was a hotty that was always working there

I really like Beau Jo's but I'm not sure I'd do a long day of pregaming at the Boulder one.

There is a Twin Peaks outside of Boulder near the Flatiron's Crossing mall. Not a college bar, no college town atmosphere, but they have a **** load of TV's.

Also there is a Buffalo Wild Wings in Superior.

There's a Buffalo Wild Wings in SW Longmont, too, just off the Diagonal.

Very easy to get to Folsom from there, but you know, Longmont.

Back