What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good luck Shaun

buff4bcs1985

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm Back!
Club Member
per adam with rivals and the ralphie report shaun simon did not qualify and wont be joining the buffs as an active player outside shot at a greyshirt but its looking very unlikely

Nope he is gonna greyshirt and attend Tulsa Community College this Fall then come to Boulder in the Spring

Well it sucks he won't be at CU because he had a chance at getting some PT at C. That's the one position on the OL I'm worried about, but given that you have to make the calls a true frosh shouldn't see the field anyway as C, imo. Hopefully he gets everything settled away in the classroom this fall and we'll see him in the Spring. Good luck!

If he starts at CC this fall does that mean that his eligibility clock starts running then? I'd hate to lose a potential RS year.

Shaun - looking forward to the day you are wearing the black and gold. Keep your eye on the prize, and make it happen.
Good thoughts going out to you for a great fall semester, you're so close to being here. We are all rooting for your success.

754484.jpg
622048m.jpg
20081206_haisten1206c_package.jpg

Too bad to hear...he was definately one guy I was and am still rooting for to make it on campus and put on that gold helmet! Best of luck indeed!

Shaun - looking forward to the day you are wearing the black and gold. Keep your eye on the prize, and make it happen.
Good thoughts going out to you for a great fall semester, you're so close to being here. We are all rooting for your success.

754484.jpg
622048m.jpg
20081206_haisten1206c_package.jpg

:yeahthat:

Well it sucks he won't be at CU because he had a chance at getting some PT at C. That's the one position on the OL I'm worried about, but given that you have to make the calls a true frosh shouldn't see the field anyway as C, imo. Hopefully he gets everything settled away in the classroom this fall and we'll see him in the Spring. Good luck!

If he starts at CC this fall does that mean that his eligibility clock starts running then? I'd hate to lose a potential RS year.

I would think as long as he doesn't play for the CC team, he should still be able to play 4 with the Buffs.

From Shaun's Facebook

"So just found out that CU admissions didn't qualify me! They tryna make a brotha greyshirt!! Naw I'm not doin that we gone restart this and hop up in one of these prep schools and do this recruitin sh*t again! If CU is the place then it's the place but Ima free agent now! im gone pray about it tho! I hope in the end it works out that ima be a buff!!"

Latest internet rumor is that he's going to Tulsa Community College this fall to get a couple courses handled that he needs in order to qualify at CU. He should be here for the Winter semester as a greyshirt if things go according to plan.

Hopefully true.

Latest internet rumor is that he's going to Tulsa Community College this fall to get a couple courses handled that he needs in order to qualify at CU. He should be here for the Winter semester as a greyshirt if things go according to plan.

Hopefully true.

He can attend a Community College and not lose eligibility if he is registered as a part-time (less than 12 credit hours) student. Part time students can't play sports. If he attends as a full time student for even one day, independent of whether he plays football there or not, he loses 1 full year of eligibility.

If he does this for one semester, it would be considered a gray shirt and he would technically enter CU as a 2010 recruit.

while this can definitely hurt him as far as missing practices, i hope it lights a fire in him when he hopefully gets on campus.

I hope he wears that sweeeet buffalo hat every day while knocking out his prerequisites.:thumbsup:

Stay strong, Shaun.

Shaun's had some personal tragedy (losing his mom) and all of the good AllBuffers have been pulling for this guy to complete the turnaround. He didn't start until a senior as was out of shape and very overweight. He also was not close to being an academic qualifier and then the kid pulled it together and lost a bunch of weight, got in shape, and got his grades on track to earn a scholarship offer.

Word is that Shaun's history of letting things slide cost him more offers and made him a bit risky for some other schools. CU took the risk here as he has some upside.

Great story - until he admitted he let up and didn't finish the way he needed to. Perhaps it was just too much to get done without more time.

Shaun - this journey is just starting. College football is rigorous and hard work and you get a trial period now at the CC. Dedicate yourself once again and carry it thru until you are established in the NFL or your post-college career. There is absolutely no room for "slacking" from here out. Power thru!

If you can come back and do that, I think CU has a steal. This is a good test. But the goal is not to get into CU but to become the best that you can.

Just like everyone else, I was disappointed to see this. I'm sure Shaun is even more disappointed in himself. Hopefully he doesn't get down and lose sight of the fact that all good things come with time and hard work. The rewards might even be surprising and a lot of satisfaction in your work can be realized.
So go get 'em, buddy.
71buffs.jpg

Back