What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good luck to Darrell Scott

I don't believe that CU is planning on running the ball much anyway. They will be running the offense out of the shotgun formation with Hanson being a running threat.

I don't believe that CU is planning on running the ball much anyway. They will be running the offense out of the shotgun formation with Hanson being a running threat.
We all thought, and were told, last year, that with a stable full of RB, loads of big OL, that CU was going to run downhill. They ended up throwing 50 times a game. Now with a bevy of WR, paper thin depth at RB, and a suspect OL, I fully expect to see a resurrection of the single wing this fall.....

Gotta disagree with you there. I think the best thing for everybody is for him and CU to work out whatever problems existed between them and get back to work.

He quit on his team in the middle of the ****ing season, for no good reason. Would you take an employee back like that? especially one who had been an average performer until then.

He quit on his team in the middle of the ****ing season, for no good reason. Would you take an employee back like that? especially one who had been an average performer until then.

I might, depending on how much I needed him, if he was contrite for what he had done, and if I felt that whatever issues that led to his leaving were resolved.

Here's another thing to consider: it looks like hell to have a bunch of guys transferring out of the program. If they can get a few to transfer back (Celestine & Scott), then they can have a better argument against the idea that they're just crappy coaches.

As someone else posted before, the best way to handle it would be to let the players decide. I can see the whole situation working out quite positively.

We don't know all the reasoning that went inside Scott's head, so to say he quit for no good reason is a poor assumption. We can speculate on his reasons and then judge our guesses, but to call him out on things we really don't fully understand is poor. He always seemed like a good kid, and his teammates genuinely seemed to like him. I wish him the best, and unfortunately, due to the current state of the CU program, I think transferring is the best deal. However, to AZ??...I'm surprised he couldn't find a better program/location/school, etc. Who knows what he's wanting right now though.

I would welcome him back in a heartbeat, and I'm pessimistically hoping that he does return to CU. The analogy to an employee is good, and I would take back an average employee with that much potential back - so long as I had work for him to do. Also, if I knew that his project manager or supervisor wasn't necessariliy the best match him, I would understand moreso, and therefore be more inclined to take him back. Of course, that last statement is flawed in this scenario, as the project manager/supervisor are the guys that would have to take him back.

If my job depended on a significant improvement in my department's performance in the coming year, and a potentially talented employee had a change of heart and wanted to come back, and I had very little experience at the position to fall back on...yes I would.

That argument holds no water because if it did, you wouldn't take a manager back who failed 9 of 12 times when he had a 50% chance of succeeding.

That argument holds no water because if it did, you wouldn't take a manager back who failed 9 of 12 times when he had a 50% chance of succeeding.

If it cost you 2.7million to get rid of him you might, besides one does not have a 50% chance of succeeding in events with as many inputs as CFB.

If my job depended on a significant improvement in my department's performance in the coming year, and a potentially talented employee had a change of heart and wanted to come back, and I had very little experience at the position to fall back on...yes I would.

We will have to agree to disagree, there is no way i would even consider taking anyone back who wasn't far and away the best performer on the team especially considering how and when he quit.

If that employee was a 30-40 year old man who should know better then I agree with you, if it is an 18-20 year old kid then I would take it case by case, which I actually have done in the 20 years of managing employees in that age group.

Hawk took back Celestine who quit in the middle of the season, and I think we need RB's more than WR's.... However, I have NOT seen nor heard any evidence that Darrell is considering that. Or did I miss something on facebook or whatever?

If he's still at CU this semester, it's probably because he wasn't sure where he wanted to go. He misses out on spring ball, but since he has to sit at least one season, that isn't much of a big deal.

Could you provide me with an example of a stink of a girlfriend in a bad way?

Mary Jane Rottencrotch, perhaps?
full-metal-jacket-ermey.jpg

"Hey, Wally, want to pick up some beers and head up to the lake to do some fishing?"

<Wally covers phone and a muffled argument is heard before Wally gets back on the line>

"Sorry, Man, I promised to take my lady antiquing today. It's our 3 1/2 month anniversary."

If this thread was going to die after the DScott situation gets resolved one way or the other, you just found a way to give it eternal life! Wait til LammieFusker sees this...

I might, depending on how much I needed him, if he was contrite for what he had done, and if I felt that whatever issues that led to his leaving were resolved.

Here's another thing to consider: it looks like hell to have a bunch of guys transferring out of the program. If they can get a few to transfer back (Celestine & Scott), then they can have a better argument against the idea that they're just crappy coaches.

or the players have battered wife syndrome

If it cost you 2.7million to get rid of him you might, besides one does not have a 50% chance of succeeding in events with as many inputs as CFB.

We will see how much keeping Hawkins will cost the school this year. I suspect season tix sales will not be that hot. As for not having a 50% chance at winning a football game, I am not sure how I can explain that one so that you will understand it. I probably shouldn't try but when there are two sides, one will win and one will lose. Only two options. It's kinda like flipping a coin.

I probably shouldn't try but when there are two sides, one will win and one will lose. Only two options. It's kinda like flipping a coin.

And just like with a coin if one side is weighted (say with better coaching or more talent) the outcome will skew. If it was pure chance the historical W/L records of all CFB teams would regrade to a mean over time, and there would be no point in paying for better coaches or facilities.

i seen this thought i would share it here..... (To the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy)

We're a happy team at Coloraodo
We're the Mighty Fighting Hawks.
We love our Club, and we play to win,
Riding the bumps with a grin.
Come what may, you'll find us striving
Team work is the thing that talks,
One for all and all for one
Is the way we play at Colorado
We are the Mighty Fighting Hawks

Back