What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good luck to Darrell Scott

He quit on his team in the middle of the ****ing season, for no good reason. Would you take an employee back like that? especially one who had been an average performer until then.

I might, depending on how much I needed him, if he was contrite for what he had done, and if I felt that whatever issues that led to his leaving were resolved.

Here's another thing to consider: it looks like hell to have a bunch of guys transferring out of the program. If they can get a few to transfer back (Celestine & Scott), then they can have a better argument against the idea that they're just crappy coaches.

Only if he graduated from Harvard!

And just like with a coin if one side is weighted (say with better coaching or more talent) the outcome will skew. If it was pure chance the historical W/L records of all CFB teams would regrade to a mean over time, and there would be no point in paying for better coaches or facilities.

Apparently not in TimBuff-world, though.

JimmyBuffcufootballplayerscoop.com has BREAKING NEWS and is the FIRST TO REPORT that Darrell Scott is coming back to CU.. :rofl:

Oh good God. Is Scott or is he not enrolled at CU for spring semester? Does anyone know the answer to that simple question?

he is not enrolled... but that doesn't mean he is leaving. I think non-football related issues are key h ere.

Interesting. Thanks, Snow.

I hope Darrell gets it together and does what is best for him. Whatever that turns out to be.

perplexed we haven't heard where he is at yet. The AZ schools have all started classes for the spring now. Does Darrell want to play football?

he is not enrolled... but that doesn't mean he is leaving. I think non-football related issues are key h ere.

HOLY ****ING CRAP non-football issues? I thought this was all on Hagan and Hawk using him wrong??

HOLY ****ING CRAP non-football issues? I thought this was all on Hagan and Hawk using him wrong??

definitely part of the issue... but if it was purely football related, wouldn't Mr. Scott be enrolled somewhere right now instead of sitting on his ass in Louisiville?

Buffs and resigns. But I know he is full of BS and won’t do the honorable thing and step aside. Hawkins has lost any credibility with any recruit worth a damn,according to the nfl draft predicitions , I am guessing no one worth a damn will be coming here as long Hawkins is coach. Move over ISU, we need some room in that cellar.
Coach has a printable coupon for 20 percent off your entire purchase at the Coach Factory outlets. The coupon is good now through March 7, 2010 and in Coach Factory in US, Canada and Puerto Rico only. It cannot be combined with any other offer and is subject to quantity limitations per customer.

Last edited:
Buffs and resigns. But I know he is full of BS and won’t do the honorable thing and step aside. Hawkins has lost any credibility with any recruit worth a damn, I am guessing no one worth a damn will be coming here as long Hawkins is coach. Move over ISU, we need some room in that cellar.

I have wondered aloud how he can keep cashing those checks given the tea's performance. I'd be embarrassed but he seems to just keep rolling along, telling the rest of the world what a great job he doing....

I have wondered aloud how he can keep cashing those checks given the tea's performance. I'd be embarrassed but he seems to just keep rolling along, telling the rest of the world what a great job he doing....

The performance at the teas has been excellent--some of the best teas ever, in fact. Last Tuesday's tea was exceptional. Pinkies out and everything--though some members of the team feel that McKnight gets more sugar cubes than other players.

The performance at the teas has been excellent--some of the best teas ever, in fact. Last Tuesday's tea was exceptional. Pinkies out and everything--though some members of the team feel that McKnight gets more sugar cubes than other players.
:lol:

This would not surprise me one bit. Cody's senior year coming up.... I predict we will see a lot of him at qb next season.

I've said this before...I can hear it now "He's fifth year senior, you can't buy that kind of experience and leadership, he has all the intagibles...blah, blah, blah". I think you areprobably right, there will be circumstances in DH's mind where CH will critical to the team's success...

Cody should definitely not be the guy if Hawk plans sticking around beyond this year. That being said, Cody is in a no win situation here, playing wise anyway. If he plays well, he can never lead us to the bigtime. If he plays like ass, he is too little and nepotism is brought up. Bad position to be in really. I know some think that Hawk dont give a **** whether we lose or not and Ive had the same feeling at times. CHawk cares, I know that much about him. Hansen is our guy and ,hopefully, he is a year better.

Cody should definitely not be the guy if Hawk plans sticking around beyond this year. That being said, Cody is in a no win situation here, playing wise anyway. If he plays well, he can never lead us to the bigtime. If he plays like ass, he is too little and nepotism is brought up. Bad position to be in really. I know some think that Hawk dont give a **** whether we lose or not and Ive had the same feeling at times. CHawk cares, I know that much about him. Hansen is our guy and ,hopefully, he is a year better.
I agree CH is in a no win situation.

Cody shouldn't have to do this but it would do wonders for his position with the team and with the fans if he were to come out publicly and make it clear that he expects Hansen to be the starter. In addition he could publicly endorse Clark Evans as a solid contender for the primary back-up position. Cody is a bright guy and may see his position more clearly than his father does.

Idealy we go in with TH clearly stated and established as the starter and the primary player in all key situations, none of this two minute drill QB stuff with CH. If we have blow-outs or a long term sub situation then CE should be the man who knows it is his. What we know about CH is that even with minimal practice time he will be mentally as ready as possible. If TH were to need immediate relief due to an injury (or equipment problem, etc.) CH would be the ideal short term guy who would be able to step in and have the confidence of the team.

Tyler absolutely needs to be the guy. He needs to be the guy going into Spring ball. He needs to be the guy coming out of Spring ball. He needs to be the guy going into Fall camp. He needs to be the guy coming out of Fall Camp. He needs to be named the starter for the CSU game next week, barring injury.

Back