What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good news… I think.

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
For anybody who witnessed my little meltdown at the tailgate last week, I think I've fixed the grill.

For anybody who cares - the grill just decided to not work last week. Just. not. work. At the time we couldn't quite tell what the problem was. What we did know is that there wasn't enough gas getting into the burners and and it was not getting the food cooked. We gerry-rigged a stove top grill and put a griddle on top of it to make the sausage, bacon and pancakes, although it wasn't pretty and it made one helluva mess.

I originally thought it might have had something to do with the gas canisters. I thought maybe they were faulty. So I set up the grill tonight in my back yard and fired it up with a brand new gas canister. Same result. It would fire off and then almost completely shut down, only to go nuclear again a couple seconds later. Obviously, the gas canister wasn't the problem.

It had to be the regulator. My first task was to go on line to see if they make replacement parts for this grill, specifically a regulator. No such luck. So I took matters into my own hands and disassembled the regulator. I cleaned out the insides and put it back together.

It works fine now.

tl/dr version: the grill works, or should, so we'll be doing the burgers/brats thing this Saturday.

Sacky - pleasure to meet you ever so briefly last week. I will make a point of coming out earlier the next game.

I still find it so amazing and wonderful you open this up to all AllBuffs board members. Such a great way to have a chance to put a name to the face. Thank you.

For anybody who witnessed my little meltdown at the tailgate last week, I think I've fixed the grill.

For anybody who cares - the grill just decided to not work last week. Just. not. work. At the time we couldn't quite tell what the problem was. What we did know is that there wasn't enough gas getting into the burners and and it was not getting the food cooked. We gerry-rigged a stove top grill and put a griddle on top of it to make the sausage, bacon and pancakes, although it wasn't pretty and it made one helluva mess.

I originally thought it might have had something to do with the gas canisters. I thought maybe they were faulty. So I set up the grill tonight in my back yard and fired it up with a brand new gas canister. Same result. It would fire off and then almost completely shut down, only to go nuclear again a couple seconds later. Obviously, the gas canister wasn't the problem.

It had to be the regulator. My first task was to go on line to see if they make replacement parts for this grill, specifically a regulator. No such luck. So I took matters into my own hands and disassembled the regulator. I cleaned out the insides and put it back together.

It works fine now.

tl/dr version: the grill works, or should, so we'll be doing the burgers/brats thing this Saturday.
Hey @Orr , great news. You should have no trouble getting Luke's head to the appropriate humping temperature!

mayhemgrill.png

you bought the economy sized lighter fluid? Smart.

Back