What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good Read About the Rules

jcatcher

Club Member
Club Member
This is one of my pet peeves. Pretty knowledgeable basketball fans seem to lose all common sense while watching an actual game. It's why I don't read the boards or chat in-game. It's not just CU fans, it's fans of every team. Kansas fans, who you would think would know better, are still complaining about Ski's "travel" before hitting the game winner. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.bordaslaw.com/blog/2014/...op-yelling-at-the-officials-youre-wrong.shtml

The concept of advantage/disadvantage is huge, and actually my biggest problem with that blog post. WAY too often Advantage/Disadvantage is ignored completely and that, along with the complete inconsistency of how block/charge is called from not only game to game, but all the way down to possession to possession, is why so many refs suck. It is impossible to know what the hell a block is and what the hell a charge is. If the advantage/disadvantage principle was applied as I think it should be applied, 95% of block/charge calls would be blocks.

The concept of advantage/disadvantage is huge, and actually my biggest problem with that blog post. WAY too often Advantage/Disadvantage is ignored completely and that, along with the complete inconsistency of how block/charge is called from not only game to game, but all the way down to possession to possession, is why so many refs suck. It is impossible to know what the hell a block is and what the hell a charge is. If the advantage/disadvantage principle was applied as I think it should be applied, 95% of block/charge calls would be blocks.
Maybe we should get rid of all officials and have robots officiate?

Hey, it's that thing you and I agree on!

Maybe we should get rid of all officials and have robots officiate?

Incompetence does not equal random error. I know they can't be perfect. They should be competent and consistent.

Back