What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Goodbye MWC, Conference USA: New Conference Emerging

Well they think that they will be able to fill a 50K stadium with these new teams because Boise does it. And yeah they still think they have a shot at the Big 12, little do they know, they were 12 years late for that train.

When did Boise get a 50K stadium?

I see two things wrong with that statement.

Quoting myself like a douche.

I actually see three things wrong with that.

#1 Boise's stadium isn't 50k
#2 Boise wins
#3 Boise metro area = 600k and Ft Collins is only 143k (I don't know what the total metro area is but I'm sure it's nowhere near 600k)

Against my better judgment, I went to GoatNation, they love their new propsed conference. Apparently being joined with AF, USM, Nevada, Tulsa and ECU leads them believe they will be taken seriously because "those are teams the BCS will avoid because they will lose to them more than they want". I find myself wondering if CSU could ever beat any of those teams....

Last edited:
What I love about Tini is he likes to blast other fanbases for being over the top with positivity, but gets really pissy when posters on this board call him out on it.

Bryan Fischer @BryanDFischer

Four Corners Conference? RT @TheUpsetBlog: Ooh, FIU! RT @CokerChronicles: #UTEP AD names USU and FIU as immediate expansion possibilities

:lol:

What happens when you stick two turds together? You have a pile of ****.

Edit: And don't forget that I patented the new conference's name a while back-CUMSAWC

Someone on their site at least understands:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: I suggest the following Mtn time zone conference:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: camdog on Mon Feb 13 2012 6:37:19 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message:Colorado State
Northern Colorado
Northern Arizona
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Wyoming
UTEP
Montana
Montana State

that seems about right....seriously, it's never easy being a CSU fan.

I don't have the answer, but the above alignment makes more sense
than the proposed cluster eff that is currently on the table. The eastern
schools don't want to be in this even worse than we don't.

I hope I'm wrong, but this OFFICIALLY puts us as a second class
athletic institution. I f we walk like a duck and quack like a duck, we're
a duck.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: I suggest the following Mtn time zone conference:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: camdog on Mon Feb 13 2012 6:37:19 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message:Colorado State
Northern Colorado
Northern Arizona
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Wyoming
UTEP
Montana
Montana State

a duck.
[/FONT]

He's almost got it. He just barely missed the fact that they are a second class duck. Howard, not Donald or Daffy....

Lotsa talk about a playoff with the new conference.... but don't they have to change the NCAA rules to make that happen?

Lotsa talk about a playoff with the new conference.... but don't they have to change the NCAA rules to make that happen?
Think that is a foregone conclusion at this point. Might take a few years tho.

True enough I suppose.

I guess I didn't realize just how barren the MWC and CUSA had become. There are no BCS busters in that league, which will spell its doom.

So a segment of their fan base really had convinced themselves that the Big XII would come calling any day now :wow:

...And now reality has punched them in the face.

Subject: I suggest the following Mtn time zone conference:
Posted by: camdog on Mon Feb 13 2012 6:37:19 PM
Northern Colorado
Northern Arizona
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Wyoming
UTEP
Montana
Montana State

a duck.

This really is their future. Take out New Mexico and UTEP and replace them with the North Dakota schools and you have a natural FCS conference. Wyoming is destined for the same thing. CSU and Wyo simply do not, can not, and will not generate enough revenue to be anything close to competitive at the FBS level. Fan interest is low and isn't going to get any higher with frequent losing seasons against second rate FBS competition.

Thank God they don't have any Cali schools in there or we would have to worry about losing recruits.

This really is their future. Take out New Mexico and UTEP and replace them with the North Dakota schools and you have a natural FCS conference. Wyoming is destined for the same thing. CSU and Wyo simply do not, can not, and will not generate enough revenue to be anything close to competitive at the FBS level. Fan interest is low and isn't going to get any higher with frequent losing seasons against second rate FBS competition.
how many different posts are you going to say the same thing?

I think the "association" is partly because it will mostly cover football, and the other sports are probably fine as separate conferences (especially for travel costs).

It will allow them to consolidate TV rights and Bowl bids. I suggest that NBC Sports is behind this move. They already own the .mtn network and the Conference USA rights are up in 2016 from FSN and CBS College Sports. It won't be big money for the schools, but it will be better than they can get on their own since both conferences have lost their "top dogs" for TV ratings over the past two years.

Fresno, East Carolina, Air Force, Hawaii, Southern Miss, and Tulsa will make the top end of the conference look decent, with any team going undefeated still possibly being a "BCS buster" if that format still exists in the future.

I would bet that the divisional format will mirror the current conference alignment with maybe 1 cross-divisional game scheduled per team per season, and a conference championship game hosted in JerryWorld for the two division champs.

I don't think this really adds to the travel budget than what most of these teams were going to be facing anyway. Hawaii is not going to be playing multiple games in the eastern time zone each year.

In basketball these leagues needed to consolidate after losing some of their upper tier as well. If they also consolidate the hoops then they can look to retain higher RPI and more tourney bids each season (which means more $).

Utah State and Louisiana Tech are probably hoping to jump ship into this league rather than face complete obscurity in the WAC.

Maybe the SunBelt and WAC will be next to announce a merger or association to stabilize their membership.

Against my better judgment, I went to GoatNation, they love their new propsed conference. Apparently being joined with AF, USM, Nevada, Tulsa and ECU leads them believe they will be taken seriously because "those are teams the BCS will avoid because they will lose to them more than they want". I find myself wondering if CSU could ever beat any of those teams....

Great motto for a conference: the conference the BCS avoids :lol:

:rofl: Congrats csu, you're going to be in a conference even more invisible than the one you currently reside. Good for you, how's that BIG 12 looking?

East Carolina is the school that really deserves better. ECU football is solid and they would have the best attendance of any school in the Big East along with good facilities. Hope the B.E. enjoys the perpetual struggle of Memphis, SMU and Houston to draw 15k.

East Carolina is the school that really deserves better. ECU football is solid and they would have the best attendance of any school in the Big East along with good facilities. Hope the B.E. enjoys the perpetual struggle of Memphis, SMU and Houston to draw 15k.

Also, hot cheerleaders and coeds in general.

Back