What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gordon Gee retires

Oh, please, please, please, please, pleeeeease.

Benson has not been a good president for CU, especially in terms of athletics.

I call BS on your assertion! I don't know where you get your info from, (likely faculty since he only has a BA and they hate that!) but Benson has done wonders for CU, turning it into more of a business model and has been very good for CU Athletics, ONCE his focus was shifted to that!

Problem was his focus and energies were directed to getting the Medical Campus rolling----that was/is a huge enterprise, literally transforming a good portion of the University.

Always used to see him at games before he became Prez. He was instrumental in getting the Facilities upgrade rolling with his directive to the CUF to throw $10 mill into the pot. He also had to make some huge changes working with the CUF regarding overall fund-raising (which is at record setting rates) and athletic-specific F-R.

Much as I hate to say it, Hank Brown was the Prez who truly dropped the ball on athletics!

I call BS on your assertion! I don't know where you get your info from, (likely faculty since he only has a BA and they hate that!) but Benson has done wonders for CU, turning it into more of a business model and has been very good for CU Athletics, ONCE his focus was shifted to that!

Problem was his focus and energies were directed to getting the Medical Campus rolling----that was/is a huge enterprise, literally transforming a good portion of the University.

Always used to see him at games before he became Prez. He was instrumental in getting the Facilities upgrade rolling with his directive to the CUF to throw $10 mill into the pot. He also had to make some huge changes working with the CUF regarding overall fund-raising (which is at record setting rates) and athletic-specific F-R.

Much as I hate to say it, Hank Brown was the Prez who truly dropped the ball on athletics!

You answered your own objection. Once he decided athletics was important he did okay. Unfortunately up till that time he left it to rot resulting in the morass we are in now.

Haha, after that "celebration" Gee had a video on College Gameday in Morgantown basically asking students not to burn couches.

The reason Gee ended up at WVU was because he was forced at at OSU after tattoo-gate. He said something along the lines of "I would be lucky if Jim Tressel didn't fire me" early during the scandal before Tressel's removal. I think he went to WVU just so he could retire on a more positive note than being a Tressel-head.

Gee is one of the good hires for schools that want to win. Do you think WVU or even tOSU care about dip****s on the team? Both of those schools cover up a lot of their guys' transgressions.

You think we'd care so much about academic ranking with a top 10 team? We'd be burning coaches too.

You answered your own objection. Once he decided athletics was important he did okay. Unfortunately up till that time he left it to rot resulting in the morass we are in now.

He probably could have done more for football but the work he did on the medical campus and getting record donations for CU Denver was pretty amazing. His biggest issue was thinking the flagship was in capable hands with Philly D.

Back