What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gotta Love Coach Mac's attitude!

smiley060.gif

This interview doesn't get done, with Jizla of all people, if there wasn't something going on behind the scenes.

This interview doesn't get done, with Jizla of all people, if there wasn't something going on behind the scenes.

I agree. Either something is going on behind the scenes or this is an open campaign by Mac for the job.

Mac does not have to campaign for the job. His players have done that for him for years. The only thing that has changed is that perhaps he sees that Hawk might not be able to get it done and is finaly thinking 'Well, I love CU football and might be persuaded to come help out until a permanent fix is found'. Before he flat out denided it; now.... not so much. He would not backdoor Hawk, but if he sees that Hawk will be gone regardless, then why not? His kids are grown and gone. He can do it again without those obligations on him.

Mac does not have to campaign for the job. His players have done that for him for years. The only thing that has changed is that perhaps he sees that Hawk might not be able to get it done and is finaly thinking 'Well, I love CU football and might be persuaded to come help out until a permanent fix is found'. Before he flat out denided it; now.... not so much. He would not backdoor Hawk, but if he sees that Hawk will be gone regardless, then why not? His kids are grown and gone. He can do it again without those obligations on him.

:iagree::yeahthat:

Kinda obvious now. Two days before the season opener Mac gives this interview? Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Bohn just loves his trial balloons. If I were a betting man, I'd say this is a trial balloon to see what the reaction would be with the fans. If it's positive, he knows he can go in that direction with little resistance from the people who buy tickets. If it's negative, he's not lost anything in the process. I suspect this idea has already been floated around amongst the major donors, and has gotten their approval. Now it's just a matter of seeing whether the rank & file fans (us - internet scum) will accept it.

Just a guess, but I think this is probably a lot closer to being a reality than many of us would tend to believe.

Bohn just loves his trial balloons. If I were a betting man, I'd say this is a trial balloon to see what the reaction would be with the fans. If it's positive, he knows he can go in that direction with little resistance from the people who buy tickets. If it's negative, he's not lost anything in the process. I suspect this idea has already been floated around amongst the major donors, and has gotten their approval. Now it's just a matter of seeing whether the rank & file fans (us - internet scum) will accept it.

Just a guess, but I think this is probably a lot closer to being a reality than many of us would tend to believe.

This is where I won't argue with Sacky

I don't think this is coming from Bohn at all.

Why wait, fire hawk tonight.

When this rumor first surfaced, I said they should do just that. Late June, early July was when this story first started making the rounds. Firing Hawk right then and there would have been appropriate. However, Mac may have thought that he needed additional time to work the phones and assemble a decent staff. At the end of the day, the success of this little venture will depend entirely on the quality of the staff Mac is able to put together. If he felt he couldn't put together a decent staff in that time, then it was appropriate to let Hawk play out the string.

this is coming from the big time old school donors, not bohn. Bohn wants to look forward, not backward, but he would be insane not to think seriously about this. And Bohn would never go to Kizla. He would go to Woelk.

this is coming from the big time old school donors, not bohn. Bohn wants to look forward, not backward, but he would be insane not to think seriously about this. And Bohn would never go to Kizla. He would go to Woelk.

I disagree. Jizla is the perfect guy to have do this interview. He's never been positive towards CU in his life. If Woelk did the interview, it would come across as an AD plant. No interview with Jizla will EVER be accused of being an AD plant.

I disagree. Jizla is the perfect guy to have do this interview. He's never been positive towards CU in his life. If Woelk did the interview, it would come across as an AD plant. No interview with Jizla will EVER be accused of being an AD plant.

clever bohn.

when this rumor first surfaced, i said they should do just that. Late june, early july was when this story first started making the rounds. Firing hawk right then and there would have been appropriate. However, mac may have thought that he needed additional time to work the phones and assemble a decent staff. At the end of the day, the success of this little venture will depend entirely on the quality of the staff mac is able to put together. If he felt he couldn't put together a decent staff in that time, then it was appropriate to let hawk play out the string.

i agree.

I love how they are saying "look, jopa and bowden can do it." Guess what? Jopa and Bowden suck balls of late.

Snow is right though. If you are to believe other sites and sources that have been on this story from the beginning, it is the big time donors, not Bohn, that want Mac back.

OK, conspiracy theory guys: I, for one, cannot believe Mark Kiszla would ever allow himself to be used for propaganda. If he did, there would have had to have been something in it for him. So, tell me how this went down. Do you honestly believe Mike Bohn called Kiszla and said, "Hey Mark. Mike Bohn here, how ya doin'? I thought we could, you know, talk some CU football. GO BUFFS! Anyway, hows your daughter liking CU? Are her classes going OK? Could she, you know, use some help? BTW, I've been talkin' to Mac lately. Believe it or not, I think Mac would actually like to coach again! Crazy, huh? As a matter of fact, I'd bet, with the csu game coming up, this would be a GREAT time to run an interview with Mac! Whudda ya think? I'd bet your daughter would appreciate it, if you get my drift. Anyway, bye Mark. And GO BUFFS!"

I want to be perfectly clear that I am more than willing to coach O-line and recruit Florida.

I love how they are saying "look, jopa and bowden can do it." Guess what? Jopa and Bowden suck balls of late.

Do you actually follow college football?

Penn State:
2005 11-1 (Big 10 champs, Won Orange Bowl)
2006 9-4 (Won Outback bowl)
2007 9-4 (Won Alamo bowl)
2008 11-2 (Big 10 champs, lost Rose Bowl to USC)
2009 11-2 (Won Capital One bowl)

I like the idea. EB as OC and Co-HC with Mac, while he grooms him to take over. Recruiting would go up immediately, it would make boosters with big money happy and should increase the donations, Bohn works Cali for new boosters, EB recruits the hell out of Cali and brings in top talent, and CU is once again a perennial Top 25 program!!

Here's a question: Would EB leave Minnesota to come back to CU as an assistant HC/OC under Mac? Would Mac be taking over with the understanding that he'd coach a couple of years with the expectation that EB would then take over?

I want to be perfectly clear that I am more than willing to coach O-line and recruit Florida.

And I would be perfectly happy finishing out by working in academic advising and recruiting Colorado Springs.
I'd help wherever they need it. I'd even go back to scout team.:smile2:

Back