What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Grade the 2016 Recruiting Class

What is the grade of this class

• A

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • B

Votes: 92 51.4%
  • C

Votes: 76 42.5%
  • D

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Now that we have wrapped up the 2016 class, let's hear how everyone graded the coaches' efforts.

B, because I wanted to give a B-. They finished strong and the addressed every need except OL. I am cautiously optimistic that this recruiting momentum will continue in 2017 and deliver a killer class.

I like most of the pieces we added and am excited that the coaching staff addressed the lack of explosiveness by adding athletes that can play wherever we need them.

A few were reaches though and they accepted way too many offers from low rated prospects way early in the process, especially for such a small class.

A+, to all the kids to chose to attend college at a fantastic university today! I am genuinely jealous; wish I could go back and experience it all again.

I'd grade the class a C, but since we're grading the coaches' effort, B. Nice job.

Addressed needs, improved athleticism across the board with a small class. I'm no recruiting geek, but I like what I see. The loss of Watts, letting Domann and Kemp get away, and the Jones drama keep this from being graded an "A".

I was gonna go B-. Addressed skill positions, LB, and we landed some major early contributors. Missed on OL, DL, and S.

Voted C for the same reasons as stated above. Early offers for small class, some reaches. Overall coaches did good. Uphill battle till we start winning, which will start in 2016.
Great job addressing holes and weakness'. Super job of getting us a QB.

I went B.

Absolute improvement that upgraded the roster from the 2015 season.

B- or C+. I'll go with B- as we picked up players who will be studs. They finished the class almost as good as you could hope for. We've got some recruiters now who can play with the big boys. Still have a couple coaches who I really wonder what they do in the off-season.

Great improvement from previous results, but this is still a C class for where we want to be. Two offers/commits were big time question marks for me, especially considering the supposed smaller class. Overall though, good job by certain coaches and glad that kids still want to be Buffs.

I would say B-, but I would add it's a matter of perspective:

• If you offered me this class after last year's NLI day, I would have said CU could probably do better.
  • If you offered me this class after during the season and after early offers, I would have probably taken it
  • If you offered me this class a month ago I would have laughed and told you that you were crazy
Really, a remarkable close in the last 33 days. Hmm... wonder why that is?

I would give a "B" for the skill positions and "D" for both lines average out to a "C". Just in terms of excitement generated, however, I give it an A. The mental swing from the time Watts decomitted to today is amazing and will pay dividends throughout the spring and summer.

They need to kill it recruiting along the D-line next year.

C

Biggest concerns are the lines. I think we improved both speed and athleticism at wr, db, lb, and perhaps rb (all signs point to bish lining up in the backfield, anyway).

Addressed needs, improved athleticism across the board with a small class. I'm no recruiting geek, but I like what I see. The loss of Watts, letting Domann and Kemp get away, and the Jones drama keep this from being graded an "A".
Letting them get away? Are you serious? As if the staff had a gun to their heads?

Kemp is from the Pagano Family and the Paganos hate CU! Sam would never send his HS kids there, ala Boselli etc. even when Mac I was coaching.
Domann was a legend in his own mind, with "Dad" issues. Buffs don't need any more "stage dads". Always thought he strongly resembled Marcus H. Version 2.0!

I know the issues surrounding the Paganos (cheating assholes), but that doesn't mean it's not a huge disappointment to lose Kemp.

B-, only after some minor miracles at the end. Good enough to get immediate help at skill positions which should get us to 6 wins next year.

If Mac doesn't hire Chev, this class probably finishes in the 70s or 80s, and we have no Webb or Winfree. Mac may have saved his job with the hire.

B-. The final push was great. Really love Chevarini's boost and all of the talented skill players we added. Webb and Winfree are potential game changers for a critical season. This class looks like a good step in the right direction. To get over the hump we will need to win more Pac 12 recruiting battles, especially on the OL and DL. I now have hope that we can do that.

I take the lack of D-line and O-line recruits as a vote of confidence by the coaches for the young guys coming up. Tonz, Tuiloma, Lopez and Umu on D and Kaiser, Middlemiss and Lynott on O. Except for Lopez, those guys are all redshirt freshmen.

We'll load up on O-line and D-line studs next year. In case you doubt that, check out the futures sections. We have offered a ton of linemen, mostly huge Texans.

I'm a teacher, and sometimes students have certain disabilities that need to be taken into account for grading. For some kids a traditional C represents their best effort and for others a B+ means they're getting lazy and slacking off.

For CU, taking the "whole student" into account, this has got to be an A- for not locking down Watts but getting pretty much everything else right. Sure, compared to some other P5 teams, this class might not be the best, but for CU it's awesome.

I'm a teacher, and sometimes students have certain disabilities that need to be taken into account for grading. For some kids a traditional C represents their best effort and for others a B+ means they're getting lazy and slacking off.

For CU, taking the "whole student" into account, this has got to be an A- for not locking down Watts but getting pretty much everything else right. Sure, compared to some other P5 teams, this class might not be the best, but for CU it's awesome.
and this kind of handicap is sad.

Back