What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Great News - Hawk is Underpaid by almost $1M!!!!

aTm is generating a bigger revenue than OU? Texas almost doubles OU´s revenue? WOW

I guess I'm fairly surprised that CU's program is ranked as high as 5th amongh revenue-generators in our conference. Of course it was a good season as far as television is concerned. Also noteworthy is that football is our ONLY revenue-generating sport.

Definitely not the propaganda I got from the Buff Club begging me to renew my membership and season ticket donation in 2008 for 2009.... of course I did. :thumbsup:

On the flip side of this equation, Hawkins salary would be in the right range if CU's football revenues were cut in half. Funny how agents never bring up the flip side.

Don't these bloggers know that it's a Colorado tradition to pay half your salary in scenery?

I can't say that I agree with the implication that a coach should be judged solely on the amount of revenue the program brings in under his tenure, with no regard for performance on the field. Revenue certainly matters but I think in this context it functions as a means to an end (winning football games) rather than an ends itself.

I can't say that I agree with the implication that a coach should be judged solely on the amount of revenue the program brings in under his tenure, with no regard for performance on the field. Revenue certainly matters but I think in this context it functions as a means to an end (winning football games) rather than an ends itself.

I think the judging depends on the judge. An administrator cares about the money...a fan cares about the W, and a lot of different shades in between.

Reading this reminds me of how screwed up this season was. 57 yard field goal? broke our RBs leg on a horse collar tackle? what gives. To next season! Rodney stewart was the only good part of this year.

Back