What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Great Read RE: Product Of Hawk's System

Pretty sweet story. I am glad to see not just a quality player, but also a quality person as well. Kudos to Coach Hawkins for bringing this player in, and to the kids parents as well.

This reminded me of my story about Mason Crosby. My younger brother got into kicking when he was a junior in high school (up until that point he'd only played soccer) and when he was a senior, he was giving some thought to trying to walk onto the team because he knew that he would be attending CU the following year. Somehow he got a hold of Mason through the athletic department and Mason said "Come down to the practice field on Saturday; that's when I kick and I'd love to help you out." So my brother did, and watched Mason kick for about 20 minutes, and then fo TWO SOLID HOURS, Mason held kicks and gave him pointers and talked to him about the football team. They still keep in touch. Just a real class act all the way around. Having guys like Mason as graduates of the program makes me proud to wear black and gold.

When we went to the Packers-Broncos game earlier this year, I think we were cheering as hard for Mason as we were the Broncos... ok... well almost as hard :smile:.

BTW, my brother's going to try to walk on again this spring (he's a sophomore at CU), so send him positive thoughts. I've seen him make a 65 yard FG off the ground before, but he needs to work on his consistancy.

My 22 year old never kicked. But he played soccer. Then one day, he and my other son were in the yard kicking the ball around. My older son was pounding them. So then he started saying, "I could have been a kicker." A few days later he was at a bar with some friends and there was a guy there who had been a kicking coach. My son said, "I can kick, like, 50 yards." The guy said, "Bull****." He said, "meet me at the football field on Saturday." So, Saturday comes around and they go out. My kid kicked a 60 yard field goal off the ground. The guy couldn't belive it. He hasn't kicked since. :lol:

Back