What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greeting Colorado

Starkville, Mississippi is another strong candidate, but yes, I think Wazzu takes the cake.
progress.gif
Reply Reply With Quote Sweet!!!! WSU wins at something!!!!!!!!!! hey, we will take what we can get right now...

Nothing really nearby, although you can go through Hells Canyon on a jet boat tour outside Lewiston , ID which is pretty cool. Perhaps a concert at the George (cool venue for a concert), Palouse falls (although that will not take much time, but seems an unlikely spot for a falls, and is pretty cool to see). In Pullman itself there is not a bunch outside gameday type stuff. Make sure you hit up Ferdinands for fresh Ice cream and Cougar Gold cheese (which makes the best BLT in the world BTW). Some decent bars and stuff, and the tailgates are pretty welcoming. I know I am missing stuff. If you are an outdoorsman there is always some Steelhead fishing in fall in ID (a little on the Snake River as well). Oh, and play the golf course! If you want to go a couple hours north play Cour D'Alene with their floating green (beutiful!!!)

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/

You will have to apply for access, but it will be a quick approval I am sure. Right now about 600 people there.

There are the resident idiots there, but most folks are pretty cool.

Rivals.com has a board, but unless you want to read peoples comments that are about 10 min from putting a gun to their head I would pass.

Any independent boards we could get something going with?

I'm on Scout and several Coug fans have come over to the Buff board (Scout's a pretty dead CU board - Rivals is our main premium one). So far, everyone's been very cool*.

*except when a UDub fan shows up. :lol:

Nothing really nearby, although you can go through Hells Canyon on a jet boat tour outside Lewiston , ID which is pretty cool. Perhaps a concert at the George (cool venue for a concert), Palouse falls (although that will not take much time, but seems an unlikely spot for a falls, and is pretty cool to see). In Pullman itself there is not a bunch outside gameday type stuff. Make sure you hit up Ferdinands for fresh Ice cream and Cougar Gold cheese (which makes the best BLT in the world BTW). Some decent bars and stuff, and the tailgates are pretty welcoming. I know I am missing stuff. If you are an outdoorsman there is always some Steelhead fishing in fall in ID (a little on the Snake River as well). Oh, and play the golf course! If you want to go a couple hours north play Cour D'Alene with their floating green (beutiful!!!)

Really want to see a show at the Gorge sometime. The one place that might out-do Red Rocks in terms of setting

It is awesome, and they get some decent bands through there. It is hit or miss as to what will be going on when Cu comes to Pullman, but definately worth a look.

I like Coug fans. Our new conference continues to be welcoming. I'm sure that'll change come USC week. If we could only win one conference game...

About the same stuff for me as well. Just not a ton going on out there, but Paluse falls is really pretty. The drive down to the Snake River where the kids go called The Dunes is nice get out of town drive as well. Steptoe Butte is a sight see place as well. Alot of if depends on the weather as winter comes fast there.

WSU has a brand new bad ass golf course on campus. They spent a ton on it and it made all the new best course lists a couple of years ago.

Gameday depending on the time of year dictates what you will want to do. The first two games were in the mid 90's and the weather was great. They close down the road in front of the Stadium 2 and 1/2 hours prior to gametime and people just set up tailgate tents in the grass and parking lots of the buildings across from the stadium. The RV lots are big and folks are usually pretty wecloming. They go for about 3/4 of a mile out east of the stadium. The closer the rig is the better the rig and the tailgate. :thumbsup:

When the weather craps out the big Fieldhouse behind the stadium is also a good option. I holds a ton of folks and has food vedors, beer, wine and liquor for sale and TVs with all the games. This is open for all home games 3 hours prior to kick off, but is really hot when the weather is hot.

There is a brewery in downtown and they have good beer. WSU also has a restarunt/bar in the Student Unior Building that overlooks the stadium and practice fiedls. Food is ok, service is slow on gamedays, but has 50 beers on tap and liquor. If this was here when I was in school I never would have made to my classes about 50 ft from the front door.

Most of the Places to eat are in Moscow, but the names to keep in mind in Pullman are Swillys(nice place), South Fork Public House(good) and Sella's(total college place).

There are 3 bars about 100ft from campus. The Coug is the most famous and actually pretty fun as it is about the size of postage stamp. You never know who you will see in that place. Last year for the AC Steve Entman and few former UW guys showed up, took crap, then got handed a beer(all was well). I there for the UNLV game two weeks ago and sat and talked with Ryan Leaf and a couple of guys from his Rose Bowl that was cool as I was in school at that time. Plus they have 2.50 burger and fries on Fridays.

It is a straight college town, heck the Mayor is even a professeor in the communications department and he is the PA announcer for Football and Basketball, how more small town can you get?

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/

You will have to apply for access, but it will be a quick approval I am sure. Right now about 600 people there.

There are the resident idiots there, but most folks are pretty cool.

Rivals.com has a board, but unless you want to read peoples comments that are about 10 min from putting a gun to their head I would pass.
Too much red!

Oh and the format blows!

And forgive my signature. I was just trying to find something funny for each school each game.

Pac-12 fans have rocked so far.

Buckeye5 was pretty nice too. :lol:

I hope he's okay.

Am I the only one that has the dream of actually learning the address from which these jackass trolls type (not you Coug fans), and kicking in their ****ing door and saying, "Are you Buckeye 5?" and then apply the ass-kicking?

I hope he's okay.

Am I the only one that has the dream of actually learning the address from which these jackass trolls type (not you Coug fans), and kicking in their ****ing door and saying, "Are you Buckeye 5?" and then apply the ass-kicking?

Nice!!! Jay and Silent Bob style!!!!!

I had no idea you guys were so close to Idaho U. It looks like your stadiums are only 10 miles apart. Thank God you guys don't have that depressing dome for a stadium. I couldn't think of anything more depressing than watchig a football game in the Idaho dome in September.

I have had the pleasure of having Cougar Gold cheese. That is made by the students as part of some class right? The tin my uncle had listed a student's name and when they made it.

I have had the pleasure of having Cougar Gold cheese. That is made by the students as part of some class right? The tin my uncle had listed a student's name and when they made it.

Sounds like a hygiene issue, but good on you.

I had no idea you guys were so close to Idaho U. It looks like your stadiums are only 10 miles apart. Thank God you guys don't have that depressing dome for a stadium. I couldn't think of anything more depressing than watchig a football game in the Idaho dome in September.

That thing is just a tomb and it doubles as the Cowen Spectrum for basketball, oh and an indoor track.

When we played UNLV they were playing at the same time. I got a tan, we won by 52, they lost to Bowling Green and everyone was more pale than when they went in after it was over.

When you leave campus it is 8 miles to their campus. Before the driking age in Idaho was bumped back up to 21 from 19 in the late 80's that 8 miles was dangerous road, oh man it was bad. I cannot believe there were not more deaths. It took a horrible crash about 8 or 9 years ago to have the road finally widend to 4 lanes. WSU back in those days was absolutely wild with booze availible 8 miles away to anyone 19 and over. I visted my friends sister there a couple of times while I was still in HS, Whoaaaaaaaaa!

small townness confirmed.

Not many campuses have a course like this one on it and our golf team stinks. Just to bad that winter starts in Pullman in about 3 weeks.

http://palouseridge.wsu.edu/

2010 Golfweek’s Best: Campus Courses

1. The Course at Yale 7.43
Yale, New Haven, Conn.
1926, C.B. Macdonald, Seth Raynor

2. Taconic Golf Club 6.88
Williams, Williamstown, Mass.
1927, Wayne Stiles

3. Palouse Ridge Golf Club 6.83
Washington State, Pullman, Wash.
2008, John Harbottle

Cool thread. My 2 cents....

Pullman IS in the middle of nowhere but the peeps are nice and never had a problem with the Cougs or their fans. They'll thank you for making the trip out there on game day. Good folk. Their program is on an upswing right now so good luck to the buffs. Other than SC, Oregon and UW, you'll find that most of the PAC 12 fans are a far cry from the Big 12. (even some of the UW fans who visit here may be cool...different going on their boards though). The PAC has a different breed of cat (so to speak) when it comes to posting. Happy you all get to experience it this year. Make sure anyone who visits picks up the cheddar in a can (also some respectable PG-rated Cougar pix) :

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45126&highlight=cougar+cheese

Good luck to both teams and I'll be rooting for an injury free game.

GO BEARS!

Last edited:

Pullman IS in the middle of nowhere but the peeps are nice and never had a problem with the Cougs or their fans. They'll thank you for making the trip out there on game day. Good folk. Their program is on an upswing right now so good luck to the buffs. Other than SC, Oregon and UW, you'll find that most of the PAC 12 fans are a far cry from the Big 12. (even some of the UW fans who visit here may be cool...different going on their boards though). The PAC has a different breed of cats (so to speak) when it comes to posting. Happy you all get to experience it this year. Make sure anyone who visits picks up the cheddar in a can (also some respectable PG-rated Cougar pix) :

GO BEARS!
Glad you're still around. I went to Europe for a couple of weeks and never got closure with you guys. #1: **** Cal! #2: Best opposing fans I've seen on this board. Coug's doing pretty good though.

Glad you're still around. I went to Europe for a couple of weeks and never got closure with you guys. #1: **** Cal! #2: Best opposing fans I've seen on this board. Coug's doing pretty good though.

That's because the last time you and I posted at the same time, you gave me advice on the best urinals to visit in Denver bars. I was with three CU chicks and a CU buddy (an unnamed CU professor btw). Checking out d*cks at various bar urinals was not on the menu! Thanks for the advice though....Special thanks to SnowBuff for going on my board and trying to *ss f*ck me with the Moscow Mules story btw. He forgot that the CU gals bought me the MMs and that 1 of the CU gals gave me an extra special farewell gift :nod:. Thank you Colorado!!!!! I will always be a fan of your great university. Loving the CU grad students!

Hope Europe was a blast and sorry I didn't get a chance to order the Palazzo but I did just fine. Wishing you and all Buffs suck cess at Pullman.

GO BEARS!

That's because the last time you and I posted at the same time, you gave me advice on the best urinals to visit in Denver bars. I was with three CU chicks and a CU buddy (an unnamed CU professor btw). Checking out d*cks at various bar urinals was not on the menu! Thanks for the advice though....Special thanks to SnowBuff for going on my board and trying to *ss f*ck me with the Moscow Mules story btw. He forgot that the CU gals bought me the MMs and that 1 of the CU gals gave me an extra special farewell gift :nod:. Thank you Colorado!!!!! I will always be a fan of your great university. Loving the CU grad students!

Hope Europe was a blast and sorry I didn't get a chance to order the Palazzo but I did just fine. Wishing you and all Buffs suck cess at Pullman.

GO BEARS!

Stop lying. Probably the Only thing you got on your trip was the ass ****ing from that professor. Chicks don't sleep with mule drinking men.

Stop lying. Probably the Only thing you got on your trip was the ass ****ing from that professor. Chicks don't sleep with mule drinking men.

Ah...snow ball...I was betting you didn't see that until tomorrow. Silly me. Here I was, ready to nominate you for moderator. Nice call. Rep for being awake on a Tuesday night.

Ah...snow ball...I was betting you didn't see that until tomorrow. Silly me. Here I was, ready to nominate you for moderator. Nice call. Rep for being awake on a Tuesday night.
Moderator? oh **** no. That would require me 1) caring; and 2) moderating myself. I don't come here to do that. I should go back on your board and explain what really happened.

Pullman IS in the middle of nowhere but the peeps are nice and never had a problem with the Cougs or their fans. They'll thank you for making the trip out there on game day. Good folk. Their program is on an upswing right now so good luck to the buffs. Other than SC, Oregon and UW, you'll find that most of the PAC 12 fans are a far cry from the Big 12. (even some of the UW fans who visit here may be cool...different going on their boards though). The PAC has a different breed of cat (so to speak) when it comes to posting. Happy you all get to experience it this year. Make sure anyone who visits picks up the cheddar in a can (also some respectable PG-rated Cougar pix) :

GO BEARS!

I post on a Pac-12 board and the Pac-12 fans have been great. Can't say enough about how happy I am to not have my team in the Big 12 anymore.

Back