What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greg Brown Interview with Miller

That's not best case. That's delusional homerism. I like it, though.
When I mean best case I meant if Embree is able to get every player playing at full potential consistently. And that the schemes his staff is implementing are mostly effecetive. Obviously not going to happen but it is the best case scenario.

With everyone talking about the Cal game. I wasn't there (thank goodness) but from what I have been hearing from Cal fans is that they play like we do on the road. That is why I see a win for CU at Folsom. Plus we don't have the bumbling idiot on the side line that for some reason could not make in game adjustments...

With the emphasis that the staff is putting on Hawaii I think the team responds very well and gets the bricks back.

CSU should be a win and if not JE will be facing heat very quickly in the media.

Ohio State should be a loss. Our odd are better with their stars out and their HC but still I dont think we can compete in Columbus with them for a full game.

I see 3-1 non conference very likely which would set us with a good shot at a bowl game. This team is always full of surprises both good and bad so who knows.

When I mean best case I meant if Embree is able to get every player playing at full potential consistently. And that the schemes his staff is implementing are mostly effecetive. Obviously not going to happen but it is the best case scenario.

With everyone talking about the Cal game. I wasn't there (thank goodness) but from what I have been hearing from Cal fans is that they play like we do on the road. That is why I see a win for CU at Folsom. Plus we don't have the bumbling idiot on the side line that for some reason could not make in game adjustments...

With the emphasis that the staff is putting on Hawaii I think the team responds very well and gets the bricks back.

CSU should be a win and if not JE will be facing heat very quickly in the media.

Ohio State should be a loss. Our odd are better with their stars out and their HC but still I dont think we can compete in Columbus with them for a full game.

I see 3-1 non conference very likely which would set us with a good shot at a bowl game. This team is always full of surprises both good and bad so who knows.
This is what I see as well. Cal seems to have a issue with QB play which helps us.

I see a 7-5 record:
at Hawaii -W but this could easily go either way
California - W
Colorado State - W
at Ohio State - L
Washington State - W
at Stanford - L
at Washington - L
Oregon - L
at Arizona State - W injury bug will get ASU
USC - W
Arizona - W
at UCLA - W
at Utah - L

Hawaii-W
Cal-W
CSU-W
Ohio St-L
WSU-W
Stanford-L
Washington-W
Oregon-L
Arizona St-L
USC-L
Arizona-L
UCLA-W (really a toss-up)
UTah-L

6-7. Our lack of depth catches up with us at the end of the season. Even the wins I predicted I didn't have any confidence on except Washington St.

This is the first season that I have so much leeway in my predictions. Simply because were in a new conference, with a new hc, and a 13 week season with only 5 home games.. as many people have already said, it all comes down to Hawaii. If we can't go in there and take care of business on the road, were going to be in for a long season. However, if the Buffs get their bricks back in that game, I could absolutely see the 8-5 records. My projections range from 3-10 to 9-4... cant say I've ever had that much of a range before. There are just so many toss up games that the only 2 I feel confident in are csu and wazzu. I could also see us knocking off one of Oregon, USC, Stanford, Ohio State and wouldn't be surprised.. other than that, it seems like it will be tossups in every game.

I have no idea what CU will put on the field. I think the coaches we have now are heads and shoulders above what we had. I think that the old coaches made the talent look worse than it was...can the new coaches make the talent look markedly better than it did last year? I don't know. I hope they pull out 7 wins and we get to go to a bowl. i don't have much asperations beyond that. I will enjoy a team that plays hard and has a chip on it's shoulder. I think win or lose CU will be a much better team to watch than they have been for a long time.

Regardless of overall year record, I plan on helping make Folsom the most difficult road game in the conference. That combo of mile+ high and nasty crowd and cold weather late season conference games should really win us some games in the long run.

I think 4-5 wins will be a good showing. Anything beyond that would be excellent. A bowl game would required a phenomenal effort of coaching/playing/no injuries.

2333943088_f633021146.jpg

CU football changes, and seasons come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. In one season, called the MNC by some, a season yet to come, a season long past, a wind rose around the fabled stadium known as Folsom Field. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to CU football. But it was a beginning. Robert Jordan (paraphrased)

Ruh Roh, zbuff is on his Wheel of Time kick. Been reading that damn series for 20 years. Good stuff!

I will double my donations to CU Foundation if aren't at least 6-6. This is still a weak ass Pac 12 play.

Back