What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greg Brown

He had a converted RB and DB playing because HE DOES NOT RECRUIT!

Brown, like the rest of the staff, gets a pass for this year and probably next year as well. Even if you're the best position coach in the country, the head coach matters. And I don't blame anyone for not wanting to play for Halkins.

Another problem is tackling. If we could tackle when we first hit them, we could have stopped a couple of drives today. Are these guys really so bad they can't learn fundamentals?

Another problem is tackling. If we could tackle when we first hit them, we could have stopped a couple of drives today. Are these guys really so bad they can't learn fundamentals?
Mental midgets. I really don't think it matters how many times JE and Co get in their face about something, it's not going to sink in with the majority of these players, or at least it seems that way.

Tackling was killer today, saw way too players try to arm tackle or not wrap up.

CU is lacking in talent in key areas.

QB
CB

We are not lacking in talent accross the board, again the reason we lost today is bad coaching , not lack of talent. Why would our Safety even bite on that bothers me. He should be deeper, play like a center fielder don't get beat with 1 minute left, and who is the secondary coach again. Still don't know why B Lock and Espy is starting ahead of Moten, hawkins and Olatoye. Are they struggling academically or did they violate a team rule.

CU is lacking in talent in key areas.

QB
CB

We are not lacking in talent accross the board, again the reason we lost today is bad coaching , not lack of talent. Why would our Safety even bite on that bothers me. He should be deeper, play like a center fielder don't get beat with 1 minute left, and who is the secondary coach again. Still don't know why B Lock and Espy is starting ahead of Moten, hawkins and Olatoye. Are they struggling academically or did they violate a team rule.
No it's lack of talent. Here is what our secondary was today:
-a true freshman at cb
-a converted rb at s who can't tackle and plays 20 yds off the line of scrimmage
-another safety with no speed who's probably still looking for his jockstrap
-a rs freshman playing his first game
-a rb who's never played DB before
-a wr who's never played DB before

:yeahthat:

If you're playing 2 deep with a minute left in the game and a 3 point lead, it might be reasonable to think that the #1 responsibility you have as a safety is to NOT GET BEAT DEEP. Which makes squatting on a route and getting beat deep on a double move pretty unforgiveable. I might understand if that happened to BLock or Espinoza today, but our most experienced DB simply can not make that mistake.

Couldn't agree more. I almost threw up on myself as I watched Perkins suck up and the WR was blowing past him. You're a safety in a game with less than 2 minutes left and a lead and you let a WR get behind you? Absolute brain lock. Saw a couple of coaches ripping him as he was coming of the field pointing to where he was supposed to be.

It's not just the DBs. It doesn't matter how many guys we run at the opposing QB, we rarely get any pressure. We are low on talent across the board.

This is true as well, not hard for most QBs to look good when they can stand back there and pick out recievers like they are in practice.

Uh no it was our DBs and S fault. Gave up 376 YDs passing on 32 ATT and Wazzu was 7-13 on 3rd downs, with the majority of them being passing plays.

it was a bad defensive game plan. Will watch it again tommorow and give you a detailed breakdown.

Three plays comes to mind right now.

1. 3rd down and about 3. CU had 2 DL the rest where in coverage, The QB of WAST made an audible, The defense didn't adjust, easy run first down. How can you not call a defensive audible on that bothers me.

2. We haven't stopped the QB draw this season.

3. The final scoring play of todays game. In an obvious passing situation, why was our Safety playing so close to the line of scrimage, why was he not deeper, why didn't our CB press the reciever, with a deep safety over the top.

No it's lack of talent. Here is what our secondary was today:
-a true freshman at cb
-a converted rb at s who can't tackle and plays 20 yds off the line of scrimmage
-another safety with no speed who's probably still looking for his jockstrap
-a rs freshman playing his first game
-a rb who's never played DB before
-a wr who's never played DB before

Again why was Jonathan Hawkins a 5 year starter not playing. Why was Olatoye not playing. Can somebody pls answer that. Going by the spring game, they can't be that bad, are they injured. Won't surprise me if Olatoye transfers.

Again why was Jonathan Hawkins a 5 year starter not playing. Why was Olatoye not playing. Can somebody pls answer that. Going by the spring game, they can't be that bad, are they injured. Won't surprise me if Olatoye transfers.
Probably because they are worse than Espinoza and BLock or they don't know the playbook.

Hawkins isn't good, Olatoye isn't good not sure why that's a difficult concept to grasp.

it was a bad defensive game plan. Will watch it again tommorow and give you a detailed breakdown.

1. 3rd down and about 3. CU had 2 DL the rest where in coverage, The QB of WAST made an audible, The defense didn't adjust, easy run first down. How can you not call a defensive audible on that bothers me.

3. The final scoring play of todays game. In an obvious passing situation, why was our Safety playing so close to the line of scrimage, why was he not deeper, why didn't our CB press the reciever, with a deep safety over the top.
can't wait

**** it. Season is a lost cause..next year will be even worse. Better hope that Jon is the guy for the job, and we show progress in 2013. Otherwise, we are ****ed until 2017 (at least).

Hawkins isn't good, Olatoye isn't good not sure why that's a difficult concept to grasp.
'

I watched the spring game this year, Olatoye is not good, but he is better than Jason Espinoza and Brian Lockridge. I just hope Olatoye is injured, becauese wouldn't surprise me if he transfers, wouldn't blame him, this is just total disrespect. After saying that maybe i don't have all the information, it could be non football reasons.

We need to get someone who can recruit DBs. This is ridiculous. You should never have a WR and TB playing DB.

Brown has been here less than one season and DIDN'T RECRUIT ANY OF THESE PLAYERS. So your argument is ridiculous and makes zero sense at all.

Maybe because we werent playing press man. The safety was supposed to be back there, again, since you dont wanna listen. Perkins ****ed that whole thing up. He wasnt supposed to jump the short route. Your bad coaching bs was nothing more than a senior safety that broke the cardinal rule of 2 deep coverage. Nevermind tho.

Just because Brown was the DB coach doesn't mean he personally recruited all the players, for example Olatoye was recruited by Hagan.

No one is going to miss a project 2* who won't even be a dime back next year.

He may want to transfer but I wonder what options he will have if he does. He wasn't bursting with offers coming out of HS and anyplace he wants to go is going to look at our situation and ask why he didn't get playing time.

Maybe because we werent playing press man. The safety was supposed to be back there, again, since you dont wanna listen. Perkins ****ed that whole thing up. He wasnt supposed to jump the short route. Your bad coaching bs was nothing more than a senior safety that broke the cardinal rule of 2 deep coverage. Nevermind tho.

And who is the coach responsible for coaching up the player .

Back