What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greg Brown

Sorry but you are nuts. Andrew Luck and the Cardinal are not a measuring stick for anything. I would like to see the Buffs compete this weekend but I am not going to be shocked if we get beat up, down and sideways.

While I agree with your sentiments and the potential for a lopsided score; there is going out, getting up for this game, and trying to compete. And there is forgetting to get off the bus, my concern as it relates to the staff is us doing the latter.

Olatoye was out for disciplinary reasons IIRC. Vigo, Sandersfeld injured. Harrington, inj., Bell inj. Orms inj. Hawkins is a mystery to me. I watched him play ST v. aTm in '09, the infamous blue out game. He looked like a pretty good athlete to me. I can't believe that JE would play anybody but the guys who he thinks will help the team win. The fact Espinoza a guy who, sorry to say it, looks tiny and slow, and BLock a guy who had never played a defensive down in his life and can't crack the lineup at his RB postion in his sr.year, says a lot. Given the injuries, and other issues spotted by other posters, the DB's, especailly the CB's are undermanned and outgunned. Luck will be, pardon the expression, putting on a clinic Saturday, no matter who the DB coach or DC is.

Interesting thing to me was that BLock actually wasn't bad at corner for a guy who hadn't played it, showed some good quickness and reactions.

I think it was evident even a couple of years ago that BLock wasn't going to be a major factor at RB, would have been interesting to see what he could have done if they had moved him then.

Recruiting is a process that involves a lot of people. Poor recruiting is a program problem. I will say again laying the entire blame on the position coach is misguided. The non-coaching staff has to start identifying prospects before their junior year and start making contact with them - the initial list could be in the 1000s and it has to be pared down to about 1500. Then the work really begins in evaluating and targeting - the targeted prospects need to be contacted about every two weeks by some means. This is when coaches start building relationships with prospects (remember this is going on in their junior year or earlier). That is the job to a large extent of the coach responsible for that region. Now if the strong relationships were not built then is makes no difference how good of a recruiter the position coach - he has nothing to work with. That was what was happening under Hawkins - he wanted people running all over the country but they were not getting depth of focus.

Here is another news flash - not every coach is going to be a recruiting superstar. But Greg Brown can hold his own in recruiting, he learned recruiting under coach Mac. And if they can get the interest of some DB talent to look at CU, Brown has a strong resume to sell - 15 years in the pros, three of his recent players made it to the NFL, also coach two Thorpe Trophy winners.

Olatoye was out for disciplinary reasons IIRC. Vigo, Sandersfeld injured. Harrington, inj., Bell inj. Orms inj. Hawkins is a mystery to me. I watched him play ST v. aTm in '09, the infamous blue out game. He looked like a pretty good athlete to me. I can't believe that JE would play anybody but the guys who he thinks will help the team win. The fact Espinoza a guy who, sorry to say it, looks tiny and slow, and BLock a guy who had never played a defensive down in his life and can't crack the lineup at his RB postion in his sr.year, says a lot. Given the injuries, and other issues spotted by other posters, the DB's, especailly the CB's are undermanned and outgunned. Luck will be, pardon the expression, putting on a clinic Saturday, no matter who the DB coach or DC is.

Where did you get your information. I don't get why this has turned into a DB talent debate, sure the lack of DB talent is part of the problem. But what i saw on Saturday was poor game planning. Greg Brown doesn't have a track record as a DC. He hasn't done anything, even at ARizona, his defense sucked, we need a guy with a track record. I hate to say it but CSU got a better DC than CU. And on Kanavis, we are moving to a 34 defense, we need a coach that can teach that hybrid rush linebackers, Uzo Diribe and Hartigan are having great years, Kanavis is doing a great job and he is helping recruit Texas.

Last edited:
Where did you get your information. I don't get why this has turned into a DB talent debate, sure the lack of DB talent is part of the problem. But what i saw on Saturday was poor game planning. Greg Brown doesn't have a track record as a DC. He hasn't done anything, even at ARizona, his defense sucked, we need a guy with a track record. I hate to say it but CSU got a better DC than CU.

I'm still awaiting your in-depth analysis of the game.

Where did you get your information. I don't get why this has turned into a DB talent debate, sure the lack of DB talent is part of the problem. But what i saw on Saturday was poor game planning. Greg Brown doesn't have a track record as a DC. He hasn't done anything, even at ARizona, his defense sucked, we need a guy with a track record. I hate to say it but CSU got a better DC than CU. And on Kanavis, we are moving to a 34 defense, we need a coach that can teach that hybrid rush linebackers, Uzo Diribe and Hartigan are having great years, Kanavis is doing a great job and he is helping recruit Texas.

This post makes my head hurt.

1. The info is out there. Olatoye will not be playing at Stanford either due to violation of team rules.

2. I am no fan of Greg Brown, but saying Larry Kerr is better is just plain dumb. CSU has been boat raced in the MWC the last couple years and he just got worked over by San Jose State at home. They ranked in the 90s/100s in most defensive categories in 2009 and 2010. Oh yeah, he was also exceedingly awful at the last two BCS schools where he coached. But yeah, he's a great coach.:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

3. What is your reasoning behind saying Kanavis is doing a "great job"? I am willing to be a little patient with the guy, but where do you come up with half this stuff?

This post makes my head hurt.

1. The info is out there. Olatoye will not be playing at Stanford either due to violation of team rules.
2. I am no fan of Greg Brown, but saying Larry Kerr is better is just plain dumb.
3. What is your reasoning behind saying Kanavis is doing a "great job"? I am willing to be a little patient with the guy, but where do you come up with half this stuff?

Larry Kerr is a better DC, not even a contest.
Sunny Lubbick right hand man Larry Kerr has being a DC for 19 years now. Coached guys like Joey Porter, Clark haggans and co. I can't stand CSU either, but one coach i admire from CSU is Larry kerr, great coach.

Sunny Lubbick right hand man Larry Kerr has being a DC for 19 years now. Coached guys like Joey Porter, Clark haggans and co. I can't stand CSU either, but one coach i admire from CSU is Larry kerr, great coach.
:lol:

Seriously though, how did JRK beat this guy? He's far better than JRK, who is serious more often than not.

UCLA
2003-48th in scoring defense
2004-65th in scoring defense
2005-108th in scoring defense

CSU
2008-89th in scoring defense
2009-93rd in scoring defense
2010-104th in scoring defense
2011-62nd in scoring defense

GREAT COACH!

UCLA

CSU

GREAT COACH!

What happened to the other 11 years, and bear in mind that CSU don't get the best talent 62nd scoring defense for CSU is a miracle. BB can you pls post the other 11 years and where can i find a link to Olatoye suspension.

UCLA

CSU

GREAT COACH!

Looks like he put those 2* and UR recruits to work.

What happened to the other 11 years, and bear in mind that CSU don't get the best talent 62nd scoring defense for CSU is a miracle. BB can you pls post the other 11 years and where can i find a link to Olatoye suspension.

I care about recent history here, do not understand why you do not. Larry Kerr is past his prime and has not been "great" for years.

You realize that the 62nd defense is against one of the easiest schedules in the country, right? They still have the brunt of their schedule in front of them.

The Olatoye info I got is from Adam over at Rivals. You can choose to believe it or not.

dude, you are obsessed with this olatoye situation. its on a paysite, buy a sub and quit asking questions.

Total defense CSU is 37th in the nation, CU is 43rd in the nation. Capi leads the nation in sacks 6.5. CSU don't get the recruits that CU gets.

They also are not playing BCS level talent every week....they are giving up those points to New Mexico, UNLV, etc. They are playing 2 star offensive talent most weeks.

I care about recent history here, do not understand why you do not. Larry Kerr is past his prime and has not been "great" for years.

You realize that the 62nd defense is against one of the easiest schedules in the country, right? They still have the brunt of their schedule in front of them.

The Olatoye info I got is from Adam over at Rivals. You can choose to believe it or not.

Ok then pls post Greg Brown recent history
LOL.

I thought this site was obsessed with star rating and rankings. Why look at the schedule.

You can't be serious, can you?

CSU: @ New Mexico, vs UNC, vs CU, @ Utah State, vs San Jose State

CU: @ Hawaii, vs Cal, @ CSU, vs OSU, vs WSU

which one do you think had more potent offenses? Which one had more ballers on the opposing offenses?

All this without Micheal Sisson who is injured. CSU played Utah State on the road and won, will not surprise me if Utah State gives CU a good game.

I thought this site was obsessed with star rating and rankings. Why look at the schedule. 11 years of coaching not included, i also choose to ignore the schedule.

I chose to ignore 11 years of coaching because when he left CSU the first time, it was 2002. Why would I care what happened nearly a decade ago if it is clear the present production is not anywhere near that level?

And the schedule matters because that 62nd ranking is only going to go down. A lot. Sometimes I wonder if you even understand your own arguments.

Back