What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greg Brown

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Total defense CSU is 37th in the nation, CU is 43rd in the nation. Capi leads the nation in sacks 6.5. CSU don't get the recruits that CU gets.

Are you seriously going to refute scoring (what matters) with yards? Who gives a **** about total defense? Scoring defense is what matters.

You are right

CSU 62nd scoring defense
CU 89th scoring defense.

Just a question, Kerr has a load of coaching contacts, his salary at CSU is not even close to what he would make at an AQ level school. If he is so great why is he in Ft. Collins instead of in a higher profile job.

An awful lot of CSU fans wish he were elsewhere. Yes they have had some injuries, lots of teams have. They have also played UNM which is potentially one of the worst FBS teams in the country, UNC which is one of the worst FCS teams in the country, and a well coached but talent challenged Utah State team. They lost to San Jose State which is usually looked at by most teams as a free win (and at home.) CU which sad to say is not an offensive juggernaut ran them over.

Brown hasn't proven anything yet as a DC, that will take time to see, Kerr has proven to be mediocre at best, that has had plenty of time to prove evident.

Of course comparing stats from CSUs schedule to a schedule of Hawaii (at Hawaii), Cal, Ohio State, and a pretty good offensive Wazzau team makes a lot of sense.:huh:

Last edited:
Just a question, Kerr has a load of coaching contacts, his salary at CSU is not even close to what he would make at an AQ level school. If he is so great why is he in Ft. Collins instead of in a higher profile job.

An awful lot of CSU fans wish he were elsewhere. Yes they have had some injuries, lots of teams have. They have also played UNM which is potentially one of the worst FBS teams in the country, UNC which is one of the worst FCS teams in the country, and a well coached but talent challenged Utah State team. They lost to San Jose State which is usually looked at by most teams as a free win (and at home.) CU which sad to say is not an offensive juggernaut ran them over.

Brown hasn't proven anything yet as a DC, that will take time to see, Kerr has proven to be mediocre at best, that has had plenty of time to prove evident.

Of course comparing stats from CSUs schedule to a schedule of Hawaii (at Hawaii), Cal, Ohio State, and a pretty good offensive Wazzau team makes a lot of sense.:huh:

I doubt a CSU fan will want Larry Kerr gone. The guy is working miracles, they don't get the recruiting CU gets.

No. Nearly all CSU fans want Kerr gone. Their D only looks good cuz they have played dog crap teams

Where did you get your information. I don't get why this has turned into a DB talent debate, sure the lack of DB talent is part of the problem. But what i saw on Saturday was poor game planning. Greg Brown doesn't have a track record as a DC. He hasn't done anything, even at ARizona, his defense sucked, we need a guy with a track record. I hate to say it but CSU got a better DC than CU. And on Kanavis, we are moving to a 34 defense, we need a coach that can teach that hybrid rush linebackers, Uzo Diribe and Hartigan are having great years, Kanavis is doing a great job and he is helping recruit Texas.
Where did I get my information? I dunno, maybe because every last one of the guys I listed wasn't playing, (add in Jaffe) and many of them were on the sideline in street clothes. Call me crazy but that led me to believe injury was the issue, as to Deji, I read somewhere he was suspended for violation of a team rule, I don't remember where, but I'll be more careful next time and take good notes before posting.

Kerr is a better DC? Talk to a fUCLA fan, talk to a goat fan (if you can find one). Brown may not be the creme de la creme, but he's miles ahead of Kerr...

bigbang,

Are you actually saying this is a game planning issue when our DC is dealing with:

• 4 of our top 5 CBs injured (Bell, Orms, Harrington, Sandersfeld)
  • Our next best option suspended (Olatoye)
  • Our next best option on personal leave for family stuff (Hawkins)
  • One of our starting safeties playing on a bad wheel (Perkins)
  • Questionable talent, experience and depth before all this happened
  • And a front 7 that is not capable of delivering consistent pressure on the QB while only bringing a 4-man rush?
How can anyone possibly expect a coordinator to cover all of that up?

I don't know whether Brown is going to be a great Defensive Coordinator or not, but it's not possible to judge a guy based on the deck that's stacked against him this year.

Coaches (including head coaches and coordinators) should only be judged when the entire roster is full of 4-star and 5-star talent, and every player is in perfect health, properly motivated, and a 5th year senior.

[/sarcasm]

bigbang,

Are you actually saying this is a game planning issue when our DC is dealing with:
  • 4 of our top 5 CBs injured (Bell, Orms, Harrington, Sandersfeld)
  • Our next best option suspended (Olatoye)
  • Our next best option on personal leave for family stuff (Hawkins)
  • One of our starting safeties playing on a bad wheel (Perkins)
  • Questionable talent, experience and depth before all this happened
  • And a front 7 that is not capable of delivering consistent pressure on the QB while only bringing a 4-man rush?
How can anyone possibly expect a coordinator to cover all of that up?

I don't know whether Brown is going to be a great Defensive Coordinator or not, but it's not possible to judge a guy based on the deck that's stacked against him this year.

Apart from the last play, the secondary had a decent game. Henderson was coming up and making plays in the running game. BLock and Espinoza were making plays with CB blitz. The game was not lost because of a Bad CB. The game was lost because of bad Defensive scheme and a 5 year Safety making a mistake. The right scheme for that game should have being 425. Remove one linebacker and bring in Terrell Smith to help cover the short passing game. Greg Brown scheme was to blitz, WAST were prepared for it, throwing the ball the hot route and throwing screens. Greg Brown was outcoached, outclassed,bitch slapped. To make matters worse didn't make adjustments at half time.

Coaches (including head coaches and coordinators) should only be judged when the entire roster is full of 4-star and 5-star talent, and every player is in perfect health, properly motivated, and a 5th year senior.

[/sarcasm]

You guys are unbelievable. Brownie is playing with a secondary that includes a walk-on wide receiver and a bench warming running back that has never played corner. His best friggin' guy is a 170 pound 18 year old who was getting ready for the friggin' homecoming dance last year at this time. The fact that other teams aren't rolling up 60 points a game on us is amazing especially given the fact our Offense cannot string more than one or two multiple 1st down series together without turning it over and forcing these guys back out on the field. You want to know the only friggin' thing he can do . . . it's blitz the **** out of the opposing team and hope the QB can't pass because he's laying on his back. THAT's the only thing he can do. HE knows it and so does every opposing Offensive Coordinator.

Apart from the last play, the secondary had a decent game. Henderson was coming up and making plays in the running game. BLock and Espinoza were making plays with CB blitz. The game was not lost because of a Bad CB. The game was lost because of bad Defensive scheme and a 5 year Safety making a mistake. The right scheme for that game should have being 425. Remove one linebacker and bring in Terrell Smith to help cover the short passing game. Greg Brown scheme was to blitz, WAST were prepared for it, throwing the ball the hot route and throwing screens. Greg Brown was outcoached, outclassed,bitch slapped. To make matters worse didn't make adjustments at half time.
Big-Man_542.jpg
:bang:

You guys are unbelievable. Brownie is playing with a secondary that includes a walk-on wide receiver and a bench warming running back that has never played corner. His best friggin' guy is a 170 pound 18 year old who was getting ready for the friggin' homecoming dance last year at this time. The fact that other teams aren't rolling up 60 points a game on us is amazing especially given the fact our Offense cannot string more than one or two multiple 1st down series together without turning it over and forcing these guys back out on the field. You want to know the only friggin' thing he can do . . . it's blitz the **** out of the opposing team and hope the QB can't pass because he's laying on his back. THAT's the only thing he can do. HE knows it and so does every opposing Offensive Coordinator.

GB had to blitz and play aggressively on defence. Lobstertail and Wa St's receivers were simply MUCH better than our duct-taped secondary. If we hadn't blitzed and had only consistently rushed 3 or 4, he would have sat back and picked us apart all day.

i think it is is wrong to try to lay the loss on brown. sure, he made a couple bad calls, but if you look at what he was working with, from an experience standpoint, i think he schemed it as well as it could be done.

there were plenty of coaching errors, but at the end of the day, we lost because we don't have enough experienced athletes who can make plays right now. you can always point at blown calls or a bad play call or something like that, but this game is about athletes. we don't have enough of them in the system for long enough to overcome a bad call or bad play call or unlucky bounce or self inflicted error, etc.

i think it is is wrong to try to lay the loss on brown. sure, he made a couple bad calls, but if you look at what he was working with, from an experience standpoint, i think he schemed it as well as it could be done.

there were plenty of coaching errors, but at the end of the day, we lost because we don't have enough experienced athletes who can make plays right now. you can always point at blown calls or a bad play call or something like that, but this game is about athletes. we don't have enough of them in the system for long enough to overcome a bad call or bad play call or unlucky bounce or self inflicted error, etc.

Can we blame Hawkins?

Can we blame Hawkins?

hawkins can smoke turds in hell for all eternity.

he made fairbanks look competent in comparison and i thought that was an impossibility.

hawkins was a fusker plant, under deep cover, sent by warden tom to destroy the program from within. it is the only logical explanation. and i am pretty sure he was paid in gold via certified mail, too.

The call we got beat on had a corner locked up on a WR and expecting safety help over the top. All game, WSU had seen that Perkins was jumping his first read. For those who aren't aware, the reason Perk is doing this is that he's playing on a bad knee. He can't get into position to make plays if he doesn't take chances. He doesn't run as well as most LBs in the Pac-12 any more and he can't change direction on it. WSU ran a play fake, Perk bit, and the safety help over the top that was called in that scheme was not there. And let's not rip on Perkins, either. He's a great Buff and a warrior who is doing everything he can to try to help this team. Physically, he's simply not there. Definitely Greg Brown's fault, though.

Back