What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: CSU

StormTrooper

Things Have Changed
Club Member
A rivalry game that felt like a huge deal for a few years is now getting less than zero attention because of the coaching search and general basketball apathy. But CSU has won the last two games in the CEC (CUEC?) and I doubt Tad will let this squad forget those awful performances. Of course, for me, the question is: will anyone be there to see it? It's a matinee which will be bad for the student turnout (which, unlike football, counts for basketball attendance!) The student "section" has been appalling so far this season and it will be a major bummer to see it empty for a game that used to be such a huge deal. The general public hasn't been showing up this year either, and they didn't come close to selling out this game two years ago. Sigh.

Last 5 games vs. CSU in Boulder (kinda illustrates the arc of interest in the basketball program):
2016: 8,715
2014: 10,966
2012: 11,708
2010: 7,219
2008: 5,983

This can be so dependent on when the game is played. Saturday at 1pm, so I think we'll be about 10,500.

This can be so dependent on when the game is played. Saturday at 1pm, so I think we'll be about 10,500.
I really hope I'm wrong but the amount of people at these early games makes me feel like a number that high is super unlikely. Haven't had a crowd over 10k since Josh Scott's senior day against ASU in 2016. Both the students AND the general public have to show up for that to happen and so far neither have. CSU in basketball doesn't seem to move the needle like it used to either. They didn't come close to selling out this game in FoCo last year.

So far this year the “crowds” have been laughable.... it’s a shame....you can just smell the apathy when it comes to athletics in boulder

I plan to be there Saturday. I missed everything to date. Apparently starting a new business takes some priority for me at the moment.
I should be able to be in my seats Jan-March.

As for csu game guess....7,500 (about 1,000 clad in green)

Last edited:
We'll get somewhere between 8-9k. Apathy runs deep and wide in these two programs these days...

ONE DOLLAR, BOB.
5c3c8250-e274-4ae3-a37a-1c41edc8b425.png

That 2012 game was probably the second loudest I've ever heard Coors, KU the next year being the loudest. That was a time.

Gonna say 7,750 tomorrow.

Crowd wasn't bad. Student section wasn't bad. But it's the kind of crowd I want for a mid-week Portland game, not a Saturday CSU or conference game.

I'm hoping that seeing that makes people come back.

7,887 is the number. Late arriving crowd but ended up being a little better than I expected. Bad atmosphere in the first half, pretty good late in the second half.

Crowd wasn't bad. Student section wasn't bad. But it's the kind of crowd I want for a mid-week Portland game, not a Saturday CSU or conference game.

I'm hoping that seeing that makes people come back.
Took the words right out of my mouth. In 2012/13 that WAS the kind of crowd they got for midweek games against teams like Texas Southern. At least they didn't lose to CSU. That killed the student sections the rest of the season the last two times the game was here.

Back