What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gundy admits he can't control his team...

Somebody should have responded "YOU'RE A MAN!!!! YOU'RE 40!!! YOU FIGURE OUT A WAY TO STOP IT!!!"

Forcing people to shake hands is dumb. It's just fine the way it is, well unless you pop off to blount.

I don't recall shaking hands before the game unless I was a team captain during high school football.

Whether shaking hands is dumb or not is irrelevant. The fact is that Gundy says he can't control his team.

Whether shaking hands is dumb or not is irrelevant. The fact is that Gundy says he can't control his team.

i think the point he is making is based on numbers, nothing else.

So you're saying he thinks he could control his team if it were 70 on 70 instead of 115 on 70? I think you either have control or not. How is he going to stop 70 fights if his authority isn't enough? He should just say shaking hands is stupid and leave it at that.

Anybody that thinks they can have 100% control of what will happen when 190 testosterone fueled young men about to start competing with each other are forced to get together and "make nice" is probably deluding themselves.... What those coaches can be sure of having total control of is the aftermath of anything that might happen, nothing more...

I think maybe he's just a bad judge of character. Blount would have been suspended for one cupcake non-con game by Dr. Tom. He would add that he was just trying to help the kid ala Lawrence Phillips. What an absolute jellyfish of a man - a Nebraska politician. Blount had some discipline problems in the past. The university did the only thing it could do in kicking him off the team. Give Oregon credit for doing the right thing.
Dr_Tom.jpg

Last edited:
I think maybe he's just a bad judge of character or maybe just spineless like Tom Osborne. Blount would have been suspended for one cupcake non-con game by Dr. Tom. He would add that he was just trying to help the kid ala Lawrence Phillips. What an absolute jellyfish of a man - a Nebraska politician.
View attachment 3940

I believe this post belongs in the best football fark thread.... :rofl2: :thumbsup:

Multi-colored sideline cards that signal "Good Game" haven't been ruled out, has it?

osu_signs2.jpg

I don't think this comment was meant to be interpreted literally. The man is obviously just trying to relate to the situation.

Anybody that thinks they can have 100% control of what will happen when 190 testosterone fueled young men about to start competing with each other are forced to get together and "make nice" is probably deluding themselves.... What those coaches can be sure of having total control of is the aftermath of anything that might happen, nothing more...

Agreed!

You can put every rule in place, present yourself as the ultimate father figure/respected and feared leader, and have organizational discipline between the head coach and assistant coaches, but that will never prevent just one guy out of the bunch from going rogue. It's the same with school work. No matter how hard you try to instill the importance of academics, there is always at least one knucklehead that just decides not to buy in. And as fans and supporters of CU, everyone should know this point very well.

Back