1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

Gurode & Rodgers

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by lvbuff, Sep 16, 2009.

1. lvbuff

lvbuff Banned BANNED

What is the chance that Solder and Miller can become the next big time O-linemen? If I recall Andre and Victor didnt become dominant until 2 or 3 games into the 2001 season. Anyway, I am hoping that the light bulb comes on for the 2009 line. It would solve a lot of problems.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I actually thought Lucier transferring in had a bigger impact than Rodgers better play.

Gurode was always a stud.. Kind of funny, the coaches though he was better at Guard (he played center in 2000) but he's turned himself into a Pro Bowl center and I believe Lucier ended up playing Guard in the NFL for a years after being a college center in 2001.

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Gurode was a stud for 4 years. He played as a true frosh against CSU in 1998 and dominated the rams.

4. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Well, now they have moved miller back to tackle. I thought people said last year he was better suited for guard? So now we'll get to hear how this OL struggled vs wyoming because we had guys moving around. :rolleyes:

5. JimmyBuff

That's not true.. He redshirted in 1997.. He was in the same class as Daniel Graham. He was a five year player..

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Yep you're right, he was a RS frosh in 98 against CSU.

7. JimmyBuff

:smile2:

Remember the 98 class was not that strong under Slick Rick. We missed on a lot of players that year.. I think sykes was the biggest recruit we got that year.

Actually Victor Rodgers was a Top 100 player I believe in the class of 97.. Gurode was just right below that if I remember correctly. I think Gregorak was in that class also (Top 100 player) and I think there was a DL from San Diego who didn't make it into school who was a top recruit.. Name escapes me at the moment.

8. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

No love for Rawle King or Marwan Hage (sp on both names), that line was solid top to bottom

9. JimmyBuff

King didn't start did he? He was the top backup..

The line was Rodgers, Gurode, Lucier, Hage and Bates if I remember correctly.

Then there was a center who started the next year as a 5th senior. I can't remember his name right now.

Our line didn't have a lot of depth that year.

10. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Guest

Great to recall the good old days....seems so long ago...

11. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Neal Hannifan?

12. JimmyBuff

No, not the guy I was thinking of.. I don't think he ever started. Didn't he play in 2000 and 2001?

I somehow think his name is Ryan Gray or something like that. It will come to me eventually. He started at center in 2002 if I remember correctly. Lucier was moved to guard, Hage was the other guard. Bates was a tackle and there was another SR tackle I believe that started on the 2002 line.