What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Had breakfast with AFA coach Troy Calhoun

Highflyer

Club Member
Club Member
Man, the front range has a couple of dynamic young coaches in Hawkins and Calhoun. I've seen Hawk speak a couple of times in person, and you can feel his energy. Makes you want to put on the pads and run through a wall for him. Well Troy Calhoun is no different, he's charismatic, engaging and very excitable. AFA is going to the spread option (Think WVU, in the shotgun) this year and more of a zone blocking scheme. Calhoun acknowledged that he's got some huge shoes to fill, but that he's ready for the challenge of coaching AFA and getting them back on the college football map. As many of you know, I grew up in the springs and spent a lot of time around the AFA program. Next to CU, they are the college team I root for. My dad (AFA grad), who had invited me to this event, has not had season tickets in quite a few years for whatever reason (reason being my mom is not a huge football fan)decided to re-up and get season tickets. I'm stoked because I'll be going to a couple AFA games this year.

Oh yeah, Calhoun also mentioned that because of both AFA and CU's football schedule commitments it's going to a long time before these two team face each other on the gridiron. I guess AFA fans are as curious about a series as the CU fans are.

Back