What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Halftime thoughts......

buffsyko

Club Member
Club Member
First off, mahnke and polk are killing us. Cody blew 2 clear td passes again.

Why in the **** is espinosa and edbner out there and simmons and jefferson on the sideline?

Our DL is awful, my wife just said cody sucks.

CU Could have 21 points easily and if they made any stop on 3rd or 4th down it would be a 21-10 score for cu.

They are done.

Cody needs to be benched. Polk is getting crushed. Our dline is pathetic.

First off, mahnke and polk are killing us. Cody blew 2 clear td passes again.

Why in the **** is espinosa and edbner out there and simmons and jefferson on the sideline?

Our DL is awful, my wife just said cody sucks.

CU Could have 21 points easily and if they made any stop on 3rd or 4th down it would be a 21-10 score for cu.

They are done.

I don't even know what to say man. I guess hawk is convinced that his way will eventually work. At least Scott is doing some work. If we had a quarterback we might actually have something. The defense is... just terrible.

Does anyone realize that PURDUE would beat us by 50?

And give Polk a break, he's been a college safety for all of 10 minutes. It's not his fault the coaching staff loaded up the RB position and forgot about some of the important ones.

How the phuck does Toledo have such better athletes than us? It's absolutely mindboggling to me!?!?!?!

Our 2 longest plays from scrimmage, both called back due to holding calls. And Geer dropped a wide open pass that would have gone for 6. Leave Cody alone, if not for his decent effort, for the fact that blowing Hansen's redshirt would be far worse at this point than bringing him in. Bring him in for what? a 2-10 season? (Next post 1-11).

PS-With Wyoming's coach coming from Mizzou, I see next week being very difficult. This team has no life, ticky tacky mistakes.

And PS-the view of Speedy on the sideline tells me "pissed" is more likely the case than "hurt"... not to mention, u know his whole family is there to watch him...

Sumler has no business on the field... none, and since he's such a great pass blocker, chalk up the fumble to him letting the safety/lb run right by him...

Last edited:
The offense does not look okay. There is no rhythm, no energy. They run a good play, then they take 30 seconds to run the next.

Watch Toledo. They run a play, they get a new one, they are running the next play with 15 seconds on the clock.

This. Is. Ugly.

I thought the offense looked alright. With the exception of a few missed opportunities. But the D, OFG the f-ing D. WTF.

We have some more adjustments to make over the season, but we're close.

This team has talent, but it is CLEAR to me that Hawkins has lost the team. This season can be salvaged with a new coach.

This is just sad for CU. Toledo came to play - got some breaks - but...a Mac team - this game should be a snoozer

This is a waste of my time, I care more than they do. 2-10 book it. What a total embarrassment. We are ****ing horrible.

This season can be salvaged with a new coach.

No it can't because there is no coaching on this team.. And that's including our overrated LB coach who somehow gets a pass forever around here..

If and when Hawk leaves, Everyone needs to go with them..

We're going to have to do this without the D. Nothing but onside kicks for the rest of the year I guess.

The worst part is our DBs are killing us. No doubt the DL is terrible and not getting any pressure, but those big throws are just inexcusable. Why does every QB we play against look like a giant upgrade over Cody? I suppose it's our stellar OL play, but my god. When the opposing team has a 3rd and 10 I just assume they're going to convert. When we have a 3rd and 3 I have little faith we can convert. When the other team lines up for a 50 yard FG I just assume he's going to make it. This sucks. :sad1:

My thoughts? We suck! This coaching staff sucks! We will continue to suck with this staff!

The few positives
-Darrell Scott, nice running!
-Run blocking a little better
-wearing black pants

The many many negatives
-Pass D
-rush D
-overall D
-Hawkins overthrowing ( I counted 4 kew overthrows)
-bad breaks (bad spot and lucky throw and catch by Toledo late)
-tackling
-Where is Simmons?
-tiny ass WR's
-****ing Toledo looks bigger and faster than us
-helmets suck ass

Gonna be a long season. I will be shocked if we beat Wyoming or 1 game.

Bob Davie said it best, we are so slow out there.. I'd blame Hawk's recruiting more than his coaching (or more like Lack of) . When you are in your fourth year and Toledo has better players than you, something is seriously wrong..

Cody has to sit. They were is a close game. If he hits 2 of 4 overthrows the score is 24-17.

Now Cody has happy feat behind the line.

Positives:
- I like the fact that we're running more, although we still have as many pass plays as rushes.
- Scott looking good, although his lack of speed in the open field is a bit perplexing. And you have to remember that this is Toledo.
- We not shuffling RB's in and out every play

Negatives:
- Not enough time, but the fact that we're down 26-3 to Toledo pretty much speaks for itself. :sad2:

Sit Cody, fire daddy, run Scott and lockridge and find some DB's in the crowd, and we might be able to make this a respectable looking loss. maybe 40 somethin to 24.

FIRE HAWKINS!!!

This is rock bottom for me as a buff fan. I can't fathom how we look so awful vs a mac team. I have my memories but the future so horrific, I got to wear shades :huh:

This is disgusting.. So many issues, where to start?

Cody... Can not see over the defense. He has minimal pocket presence, and locks on to 1 receiver waiting and hoping for them to get open.. Look at your different routes, this isn't high school. Not to mention his arm, he over threw 2 cake balls and can't ever make a throw outside of 10-12 yds.. Its so predictable, and is another reason we aren't having the success we should have in the running game.

D-Line... Doesn't even look like we have one.. It looks like they try hard for a play and take the next two off.. I know you're young, but at least have some heart and play every down...

Wide Receivers- I realize Scotty knows the scheme and can execute a game plan, but you can't teach height. Espinoza??? Hahah why is he on the team? Put in the young talent like Simmons... Here is a winning recipe, have a 5'10 QB throw to two 5 foot something WRs, brilliant.

Defense... Ummm missed tackles? Pretty sure we have squandered 2 touchdowns because we missed several tackles. This is Toledo folks, you are a Big 12 team, why are you incapable of fundamental tackling???

At least Dan has done ONE thing right... He's actually playing D.Scott.. If Summler sees one more carry I'm gonna scream.. I don't care that he blocks well, he doesn't run well.. HE'S a RUNNING BACK, he needs to be able to run!

Time for a change... I have seen minimal progress in the program.. 4 years is plenty for at least some improvement..

Back