What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Halloween Weekend Other Games Thread

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
ASU up 14-0 early on Wazzu. Connor Holliday might be the worst QB in the conference.

35-7 late second quarter. Todd Graham getting the "sportsmanlike" game plan ready for the second half.

Maybe.

After watching the ASU vs. WSU game last night I feel a lot better about our BUFFS. Looking at their stadium, fan base and players on the team at WSU this is going to be a race from the bottom of the Pac12 IMO. The race is between Cal, CU, WSU and Utah (the win against Stanford helped).

ASU throttled WSU and it could have been way worse.

I think we would beat WSU if we played this year. Mostly because of the pirate. Our schedule rotation has seemed much rougher than Utah's to begin the Pac-12 era. We get Oregon for something like 8 straight years and Stanford 6 of 8 years.

ASU is annoyingly talented, and Kelly is the real deal. Friggin' 3 star kid out of Idaho, offers only from ASU and Nevada. Really disappointed at WSU's showing and crowd, they are fighting for a bowl spot, but blown out in 3 of their last 4.

I think we would beat WSU if we played this year. Mostly because of the pirate. Our schedule rotation has seemed much rougher than Utah's to begin the Pac-12 era. We get Oregon for something like 8 straight years and Stanford 6 of 8 years.

WSU would beat us this year. They only lost on a Pirate-induced choke last year. Yes, they've gotten smoked in 4 of their last 5, but by 4 very good teams. Nearly beat a pretty good Auburn team early. They have way more team speed than us, and they crushed Cal, a team we will struggle to beat IMO. We'd love to have Halliday as our QB. Sure, he makes mistakes, but he's fearless, makes things happen and has a stronger arm than any QB we've had since Detmer. And if you saw last night, they're close to finished with their new high-tech football ops center overlooking the stadium. So they're way ahead in the facilities race, as well.

Halliday is not good. He is pretty fearless about throwing INTs.

When you throw it 53+ times/game, you're gonna have some picks. Especially behind that awful line, and the defense knowing exactly what you're going to do 99% of the time you line up.

I'm not a Halliday fan, or even saying he's "good", but based on his demonstrated sample size, he's a legit Pac-12 QB. Hard to argue against that. Can we say the same for our guys?

He has thrown 18 INTs on the season. That is Cody Hawkins territory.

He is ranked exactly one spot ahead of Connor Wood in the conference for passing efficiency. 10th in the conference and the guy in 11th got benched. If that makes him "legit" in your eyes, I find that pretty odd.

He has thrown 18 INTs on the season. That is Cody Hawkins territory.

He is ranked exactly one spot ahead of Connor Wood in the conference for passing efficiency. 10th in the conference and the guy in 11th got benched. If that makes him "legit" in your eyes, I find that pretty odd.

Yeah, except Cody didn't average 53 passes/game.

And guys who chuck it that much don't usually lead the conference in efficiency. Mannion is a rare exception; he's having an insane year.

Yeah, except Cody didn't average 53 passes/game.

And guys who chuck it that much don't usually lead the conference in efficiency. Mannion is a rare exception; he's having an insane year.

If he throws so much and is as good as you say shouldn't he have more than 20 touchdown tosses?

Other than making a lot of mistakes, being very inefficient (6.4 YPA), and guiding the 9th best scoring offense in the PAC-12, Halliday is pretty good.

Other than making a lot of mistakes, being very inefficient (6.4 YPA), and guiding the 9th best scoring offense in the PAC-12, Halliday is pretty good.

Never said he was good. I said he was "legit" and better than what we have (partly because we're not sure what we have yet) ...

Never said he was good. I said he was "legit" and better than what we have (partly because we're not sure what we have yet) ...

The hell is the difference between legit and good to you? If someone says someone is legit they usually mean they think the player is good.

The hell is the difference between legit and good to you? If someone says someone is legit they usually mean they think the player is good.

You're right. Probably semantics. By "legit", I mean Halliday belongs in the Pac-12, he's capable, maybe even above average. He's proven that he can be successful in this league, albeit very inconsistent. I look at him (and here in WA, I've seen him a lot the last 3 years) and think, if he had the line and even a serviceable running game in front of him, he'd be "good." He'll win more games for you than lose them ....with a better team around him.

Yet to be seen if Sefo fits that description. I hope so. But if we were playing fantasy football, and you offered me Halliday for Sefo, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Known vs. unknown.

Good game right now with USC and Oregon State. SC jumped out to a 14 point lead, Oregon State came back and tied it.

SC then mounted a solid drive running the ball to score another TD. Don't know their future but this is a better SC team under Ogeron. Under Kiffen to have a team come back on them from 2 tds down SC would have folded like a napkin.

USC wins 31-14 in Corvallis. Those players seem to respond to Orgeron in a big way.

Well, for those of you who thought we would beat $C....

There's still the chance of a massive snowstorm.

Army/ AFA and Iowa/Wisconsin are the most interesting games on right now. Not a great slate of games today.

But at least the Buffs are off Pac-12 Network tonight. :woot:

Back