What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen is in!!!

Man... this is the problem. We keep giving to Stewert early, when its obvious he's a change of pace back. That's why his numbers steadily go downhill in 2nd Halves. We should let DS get in a little rhythm then have Stewert scorch the tired Defense. IDC if Scott only goes for 2 -3 yards a buck, we averaged like 2.2 yards this game anyways. I wanna see the coaching staff this guy more chances, there were a ton of plays where Stewert got stuck in the backfield too, so this can't be used as an excuse.

Totally agree with you.

And I think part of the problem Scott has besides only getting like two carries a game (if he's lucky) is that the run game has already been established when he get his shot (and it's the only thing that has been established) so the opposing defenses are keying on the run.

But doesn't the rule state something like if play less than "X" percent of your total offensive plays then he can still redshirt??

im not sure i wanna see hansen in 3 years either. i mean he looks a little more mobile than cody but geesh, to read this board we have joe ****ing montana on the bench

im not sure i wanna see hansen in 3 years either. i mean he looks a little more mobile than cody but geesh, to read this board we have joe ****ing montana on the bench
Hansen is not the savior of our team. But he gives us a better chance to win than Cody does. JMO.

Cody had time to make plays for us tonight. Our run blocking is a little suspect though.

Yep, solder 4 penalties and twice I saw miller miss his block on the pulling guard plays.

Like I said,first half had me pumped, now more frustration. I wanted hanses to get a shot but wouldn't it have been better next week with a full week of practice with the ones?

Cody had time to make plays for us tonight. Our run blocking is a little suspect though.

A little suspect? Our O line looked pretty bad all night. Yeah playing against Texas will do that to you but these guys were supposed to "road grade" people. No, the problems we have run from top to bottom and I'd just as soon scrap everything and start from zero. The coaching staff is the most incompetent in the country. I defy anyone to show me a more mindless group of "coaches". There isn't elite talent on this team but sweet jeebus I think we ALL know Barnett would have these guys in a bowl game. Barnett might have been a prick but he could coach. Hawk and company don't know which way they're going or how they got here. That's obvious. You are what your record says you are.

i bet ds still leaves if hawk and his spineless staff is here next year......wouldnt you guys if you were him just asking...and if the coachs are here they should tell him if he asks go where ever you want even texas why not remember this staff thinks he sucks anyhow and if they did he would be the MAN !!!

The thing I took away from this game was improvement, overall, for the first time. (Maybe not the punting game - why is Dilallo out there thinking instead of just getting the ball the hell out of there!!??)

Post game interview on CFN Hawk said, "Hansen's the man, Cody wants to be a coach we'll let him see what it's like". I'll believe it if I see it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A little suspect? Our O line looked pretty bad all night. Yeah playing against Texas will do that to you but these guys were supposed to "road grade" people. No, the problems we have run from top to bottom and I'd just as soon scrap everything and start from zero. The coaching staff is the most incompetent in the country. I defy anyone to show me a more mindless group of "coaches". There isn't elite talent on this team but sweet jeebus I think we ALL know Barnett would have these guys in a bowl game. Barnett might have been a prick but he could coach. Hawk and company don't know which way they're going or how they got here. That's obvious. You are what your record says you are.

If you're point is Hawk ain't a good coach, fine, but this is a reach. 70-3, 30-3, the Baylor Bloodbath trilogy? The guy kept Okruh around forever. Ran the best recruiter off that CU has ever had. Barnett...no thanks.

If you're point is Hawk ain't a good coach, fine, but this is a reach. 70-3, 30-3, the Baylor Bloodbath trilogy? The guy kept Okruh around forever. Ran the best recruiter off that CU has ever had. Barnett...no thanks.

Oh, I'm not saying I want him back but the guy won a Big 10 title and a Big 12 title with inferior talent. He knows how to coach. Again, you are what your record says you are and he was a winner. Hawk is not.

Completely disagree. Barnett could definitely coach up players. the two scores you mention above were humiliating, but that team had been through hell for two years before packing it in after the ISU loss. Barnett was beat down by external factors that would have killed off any coach.

And if you are talking about Bienemy being run off by Barnett, that is blatant revisionist history. The reality is that Bienemy was doing nothing, and Barnett discovered him. He'd be coaching HS football rbs right now if not for barnett.

Well I have been calling for this so I'm happy they did it finally I guess. Like some have already said, he had better be in there for the rest of the season. I also would have liked him to have played the games versus the easy defenses, throwing him in there in the 4th quarter against Texas on the road... facepalm.

Oh, I'm not saying I want him back but the guy won a Big 10 title and a Big 12 title with inferior talent. He knows how to coach. Again, you are what your record says you are and he was a winner. Hawk is not.

He had his share of brain farts - remember the fake punt in our own territory in the Big XII Ch game with an 11 point lead? That was the brainchild of a lunatic.

He had his share of brain farts - remember the fake punt in our own territory in the Big XII Ch game with an 11 point lead? That was the brainchild of a lunatic.

That's a bit exteme. He got greedy and it was foolish. We won the game. Like the man said, winning isn't everything... it's the only thing.

I am still reeling from seeing Hansen in the 4th.
Why then?
Why not the 1st, or the beginning of the second half?
What was the majic threshold that prompted this change? An interception? Conceding the game was lost?
Everyone seemed stunned, and nobody seemed ready.

What a strange decision. I don't mind Hansen being in, if that's what he wants, but why play Cody for the first four games and a half? Was this a half time decision or did it just pop into Dan's head when they were moving the chains?

It's truly baffling.

Why then?
What was the majic threshold that prompted this change? An interception? Conceding the game was lost?

What a strange decision. I don't mind Hansen being in, if that's what he wants, but why play Cody for the first four games and a half? Was this a half time decision or did it just pop into Dan's head when they were moving the chains?

It's truly baffling.
Uh? Why not in the first drive against CSU? Completely baffling.....

Why then?
What was the majic threshold that prompted this change?

It's truly baffling.

It would have been more baffling if Hansen had been put in at the start of the second, because Cody looked decent in the 1st. THe pick for a td was obviously the final straw.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this as the answer to the offensive woes. We'll see..

Last edited:
Why then?

It's truly baffling.

What is baffling to me is to hear Hawkins in the post-game interview say, "Hansen is our starting QB."

Say wha?!?!

Where did this come from that he decided that Hansen's mop-up duty against UT was suddenly enough for him to be the starting QB?

Or has he just reached the point that he doesn't want his son to take the weekly abuse any more? I know if I was coaching my son, it would be very hard for me to send my son out to play every single game, whether he was the best QB on the team or not - just because of the abuse the coach's son takes.

That's a bit exteme. He got greedy and it was foolish. We won the game. Like the man said, winning isn't everything... it's the only thing.

Greedy? That was just plain stupid.

Why then?

It's truly baffling.

Uh? Why not in the first drive against CSU? Completely baffling.....

This

No kidding. Anyone who can take Northwestern to the Rose Bowl twice can really coach.

That was when the Rose Bowl rep was the top team in the Little Eleven.

Back