What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen is in!!!

Uh? Why not in the first drive against CSU? Completely baffling.....

I'm with you.

The post-game interviews and "official" CU article tomorrow will be interesting. I don't expect complete enlightenment, but I do expect a faded Kmart flashlight to highlight a few key points.

This whole thing of putting Hansen in this game is Dumber than Dog SH**. If this C.U. coaching staff had any smarts they would have played Hansen in the first game of the year V.S CSU..WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imo, this team is still 1-4 whether Hansen had started to this point or not. I do agree it has been time to mix it up, however. My guess is they would have given it a try sooner had Hansen not expressed a desire to RS.

Completely disagree. Barnett could definitely coach up players. the two scores you mention above were humiliating, but that team had been through hell for two years before packing it in after the ISU loss. Barnett was beat down by external factors that would have killed off any coach.

And if you are talking about Bienemy being run off by Barnett, that is blatant revisionist history. The reality is that Bienemy was doing nothing, and Barnett discovered him. He'd be coaching HS football rbs right now if not for barnett.

True about the effects of the scandal, but to me Barnett packed in his recruiting efforts once Houston and Ochs bombed. That was pre-scandal. I believe that's why Bienemy, and possibly Embree, left. Do you really think Bienemy, who's still employed in the NFL, would really still be at TJ if not for Barnett?

True about the effects of the scandal, but to me Barnett packed in his recruiting efforts once Houston and Ochs bombed. That was pre-scandal. I believe that's why Bienemy, and possibly Embree, left. Do you really think Bienemy, who's still employed in the NFL, would really still be at TJ if not for Barnett?

I don't think many HS position coaches move up to college level like Bienemy did, and I think it is very likely that he would not have been discovered by another D1 coach.

I agree that Barnett was not a great recruiter, but his two best recruiters were Joseph and Bienemy. Bienemy went to what he considered a better opportunity for his family, and Joseph was a casualty of the scandal. I do think Barnett could have continued to dominate the North had there been no scandal, which seems unthinkable these days.

imo, this team is still 1-4 whether Hansen had started to this point or not. I do agree it has been time to mix it up, however. My guess is they would have given it a try sooner had Hansen not expressed a desire to RS.

Was not Hansen's idea.

I don't think many HS position coaches move up to college level like Bienemy did, and I think it is very likely that he would not have been discovered by another D1 coach.

I agree that Barnett was not a great recruiter, but his two best recruiters were Joseph and Bienemy. Bienemy went to what he considered a better opportunity for his family, and Joseph was a casualty of the scandal. I do think Barnett could have continued to dominate the North had there been no scandal, which seems unthinkable these days.

I'm sure that many h.s. position coaches don't move up to the college level, but not many of them have experience in the nfl, either. I believe he probably had made enough contacts throughout his time in football that eventually he would have coached in college without Barnett's offer.

You're right in one sense about Bienemy's move- he did publicly state he was moving because of the medical care his son would receive in LA. However, it's my feeling that he didn't think highly of Barnett, but wouldn't say so publicly. I think the issue of medical care was proven a sham when he jumped Dorrell's ship before it went down.

Without the scandal, Barnett may very well still be at CU, but he would not be dominating the North. Mizzou with Daniels, Macklin, etc. was a better team than any of Barnett's outside of the b12 title team.

Back