Just hoping anyone can answer a question honestly. Last week after the scrimmage many CU media beat writers asked T.Hansen about the possibility of applying his red-shirt to this season. Coincidentally, that is exactly what was told to T.Hansen on Saturday by the OC. Did the media know this was going to be an option; in other words, was it disclosed to the media before T.Hansen was told? He really believed he earned the starting position after the past two weeks and the last scrimmage; when asked why this choice, again it came to experience. He did not expect this conversation with the OC. Understand it would be perfect if Cody manages successfully the offense with the superb running backs, strong offensive line, and excellent blocking by the full backs. CU would be victorious: T.Hansen would then have two years between he and Cody (because the QB situation is STILL slim compared to other Division I schools), and the Hawkin family will be successful (Cody will prove the naysayers he can be a 4-year Div. I QB). Unfortunately, if Cody does not do well or he is injured; CU burns another option of T.Hansen’s red-shirt year. SO did the media guys know this was going to be the situation before T.Hansen was told?