What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen still a Buff in 2012?

Here's one possible argument: over the course of 3 years, TH played less than 2 seasons' worth of games. '08 he played 5 games (KSU, Missou, A&M, ISU & Nubs) after having his redshirt yanked; in '09 he played 8 games (TX, KU, KSU, Missou, A&M, ISU, OSU, & NU) again after having is redshirt yanked; in '10 he played in 7 games (CSU, Cal, Hawaii, UGA, Missou, Bailer, TTU) following GIA's attack on his spleen. That's 20 games, or less than 2 seasons' worth.

Basically his hardship claim is that Hawkins forced him to give up redshirt seasons twice, then had another season cut short by injury. I don't expect the NCAA will buy it, but I don't blame the guy for trying.

Last edited:
Every player who was duped by D2 should be able to claim hardship. Good luck Tyler.

Basically his hardship claim is that Hawkins forced him to give up redshirt seasons twice, then had another season cut short by injury. I don't expect the NCAA will buy it, but I don't blame the guy for trying.

It's not a bad argument. If I was Hansen I would totally throw Dan Hawkins under the bus.

The problem with the "forced to give up redshirt" argument is that he played quite a few games. 5 games as a true freshman. 8 games as a true sophomore. If he'd only played in 2 or 3 games - and those games being the last games of the season, I think that would be a better argument.

Still it doesn't hurt to ask. The worst the NCAA can do is say no.

It's not a bad argument. If I was Hansen I would totally throw Dan Hawkins under the bus.

The problem with the "forced to give up redshirt" argument is that he played quite a few games. 5 games as a true freshman. 8 games as a true sophomore. If he'd only played in 2 or 3 games - and those games being the last games of the season, I think that would be a better argument.

Still it doesn't hurt to ask. The worst the NCAA can do is say no.
Bolded part x 2...

Call me crazy, but I think TH has a shot at this. Will it happen? Who knows, but he does have great proof of his loss of playing time due to being jerked around.

I am sorry, as much as I would like to see that happen, he still has played too much and I have NO faith in the NCAA listening to this. Opens too many doors that the NCAA doesn't want opened. Too many variables would then be in play for any kid at any school. Never gonna happen.

I am sorry, as much as I would like to see that happen, he still has played too much and I have NO faith in the NCAA listening to this. Opens too many doors that the NCAA doesn't want opened. Too many variables would then be in play for any kid at any school. Never gonna happen.

I tend to agree. However, the one advantage he may have is that the NCAA has been very publicly vocal recently that each case is unique and that there really is no such thing as precedent because of the uniqueness of each case. So they can just say in each case that because so and so kid got an extra year doesn't mean this kid will.

I feel like kind of a dick but am I the only one that kind of just wants to wash his mouth out from the Hawkins Regime? Hansen is short and pretty much a solid backup. Is Hirschmann just not working out or what? This probably won't work out but is it even worth it if it does?

No. You made me laugh...I would never post on Buff Zone...that is the weirdest collection - there are only about 5 or 6 commentors and they are off the wall. It was on an un-named site (NB).

Yeah, that's what I meant. Those guys over at BZ are...ummm...a bunch of weirdos. Ef those guys! I would never post there.

I feel like kind of a dick but am I the only one that kind of just wants to wash his mouth out from the Hawkins Regime? Hansen is short and pretty much a solid backup. Is Hirschmann just not working out or what? This probably won't work out but is it even worth it if it does?

I am sure if Hirschmann was the better QB, he would play. Everything I heard re: spring practices was that Hansen was hands-down the best QB on the team.

Timmy, please don't blame our players for Dan Hawkins. If anything, I think that the most vocal of the Hawkins haters should be rooting for these guys who have suffered under him to bust out and get as much of the real CU football as possible. Embo and staff can be trusted to move those out (or through as quickly as possible) who won't help us win. Try to be fair and to be an advocate for these players. Especially Hansen. Very few got screwed over like he did.

I'm with wispy in that I hope the NCAA at a minimum grants Hansen the opportunity to kick DII square in the nuts.

I'm with wispy in that I hope the NCAA at a minimum grants Hansen the opportunity to kick DII square in the nuts.

Which gives me a great idea. I'm going to write up a web page for some new age bull**** transcendental course for men to be the masters of their latent fears and unleash their inner bird of prey. You guys can write up a bunch of bogus testimonials for how great it was for you. Then, I get an invite to Juicebox and charge him a few grand to come to the seminar. Once we get him all into it with a rah rah speech and a firewalk, we then do a mosh pit thing modeled after the ThunderChute. Next, before the scheduled drum circle where we would all share our feelings, I tell D2 Dan that he has distinguished himself and I'd like him to lead our next exercise, which will be fear conquering and mind empowerment/training to gain complete control over the body (i.e., we all line up and take turns kicking Hawkins in the nads). After that, we leave to spend Hawk's cash on hookers and blow.

Which gives me a great idea. I'm going to write up a web page for some new age bull**** transcendental course for men to be the masters of their latent fears and unleash their inner bird of prey. You guys can write up a bunch of bogus testimonials for how great it was for you. Then, I get an invite to Juicebox and charge him a few grand to come to the seminar. Once we get him all into it with a rah rah speech and a firewalk, we then do a mosh pit thing modeled after the ThunderChute. Next, before the scheduled drum circle where we would all share our feelings, I tell D2 Dan that he has distinguished himself and I'd like him to lead our next exercise, which will be fear conquering and mind empowerment/training to gain complete control over the body (i.e., we all line up and take turns kicking Hawkins in the nads). After that, we leave to spend Hawk's cash on hookers and blow.
:lol:

Count me in.

Hell, I'd chip in a few bucks for D2 to show up just so I could kick him in the nuts.

I agree with your views and would like to subscribe to your publication.

Might I suggest a sweat lodge in AZ that's not getting any more use...?

View attachment 6964

Definitely worth a shot, though. Were there any injuries in '08 and '09 that can be claimed? Might be able to document an entire season's worth of games lost to injuries.

It's a reach, but it's worth taking our best shot.

I know the NCAA has never been accused of being generous, but it should be pursued and they have nothing to lose by doing so.

if nothing else, it sends a strong message to our 2011 starting qb that we have confidence in him. i like the move.

Agree with this, also tells Hirschman the exact opposite.

He may take it this way, but he shouldn't. This goes to show that the staff goes to bat for their players. They will tell Hirschman that all he has to do is beat out Hansen and he will get the starting job regardless of Hansen's eligibility.

Agree with this, also tells Hirschman the exact opposite.

So what?

I want the best players to play. If Hirsch can't deal with the coaches not being willing to hand the keys to him as a sophomore before he's ever taken a snap, then he isn't capable of leading this team. He does have a lot to prove and he does have a lot of improvement in front of him. If he's the guy who can lead us, he uses any perceived disrespect as motivation and it makes him better. We did enough coddling the past 5 years and look at where it got us.

So what?

I want the best players to play. If Hirsch can't deal with the coaches not being willing to hand the keys to him as a sophomore before he's ever taken a snap, then he isn't capable of leading this team. He does have a lot to prove and he does have a lot of improvement in front of him. If he's the guy who can lead us, he uses any perceived disrespect as motivation and it makes him better. We did enough coddling the past 5 years and look at where it got us.

What he said.

Back