What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hansen to Redshirt

Re: Hanson to Redshirt

I think it is.

Why? Unless you mean the next HC will have another year with him. In that case this season if for sure a wash, and yet another embrassing performance by Hack. We will have ltd success w/ COdy. At this point I expect no more than 5 wins, most likely 4.

Sounds to me like Hansen is a little bitter about how his redshirt last year was handled.

"I hope Cody doesn't get hurt," Hansen said, "but if he does, my redshirt is blown again. It's kind of a little messed-up situation, but hopefully nothing happens to Cody."

I think Tyler HansEn said it best himself in the cubuffs.com article:

"It could be (dicey)," Hansen said. "It's a real tough situation right now. If something happens to Cody, then my redshirt is blown again. It's a little messed up situation, but hopefully nothing happens (to Hawkins)."

Hansen is as frustrated as we are. All due respect to Cody, he has not and will not get the job done. Regardless of O-line play, he was greatly out-everything'd by a quarterback with less speed & size at receiver and way less talent at rb. But it is in no way Cody’s fault. Good for him for going out and doing his best. It falls on the COACHES to determine the best players to put on the field and judging by Scott, Hansen and Speedy on the sideline most of the game, this is clearly a problem with coaching – not playing.

The decision to make & keep Cody the starter after a performance like Sunday's is indicative of a coach who is in way over his head and only 1 or 2 more demoralizing losses from losing the whole team and fanbase (those who haven't jumped off his bandwagon already) and boosters (do we have boosters?).

Me personally, I want Tyler to have a shot - virtually the whole game, Cody had happy feet, was never consistent and locked onto Scotty. I was 2000 miles away but could still see exactly who Cody wanted to throw the ball to. With all the weapons we've managed to get into our offense this year, we're going to let a sub-par quarterback pilot it?

You can tell Hansen is disappointed by it, and I guarantee it will have a negative impact on recruiting. As is giving DS ONE carry the whole game - what is going to make a blue-chip recruit want to come to Colorado if he sits on the bench while Sumler gets 8x as many carries and produces nothing.

My biggest concern about this whole situation is the way we appear to be squandering talent. I actually feel bad for DS - I want to write him a letter or something that says WE CU FANS want him to get the ball and contribute to the team and that this joke of a coaching staff DOES NOT reflect the fans and we're behind the players more than the coaches.

If you read the Cubuffs.com article I mentioned above, it also discusses that Hagan says Scott will get more carries next week BUT Hagan gave this BS excuse that Scott didn't get more carries because they were throwing the ball to catch up from a 20-3 deficit. That excuse is total garbage!!!! Why did Sumler get 8 carries then???

I will wait this season out, still go to Austin to watch the CU/UT game and support the BUFFS, but Dan Hawkins and his coordinators have lost me for good.

Dan, I'm done - you've shown you cannot coach at this level. We have an opening for a coach of our intramural team; I think it'd suit you quite well.

Before Sunday I would have said good call. Now, after seeing that Cody looks like a true freshman...still, i think he hansen needs some time in there, Cody to back up, and groom evans for the job when hansen graduates or competes to take the job under new coach mike shannahan

Redshirting TH is cashing in the season before it begins IMO. CH's physical limitations are woefully apparent. Larry Kerr and CSU could shut down the O, what do yo think UT, OSU, aTm and WVU will do with better athletes? Opposing DC's will not be losing any sleep over defending the five yard comeback route.

I don't know if TH is better right now, but he has a stronger arm and can run. There will be growing pains, but I've seen enough of CH to know CU will be lucky to win 6 with the current line up.

Back