What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Harriers Prepped For NCAA Mountain Regionals

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
BOULDER – The University of Colorado cross country teams are ready for the 2013 NCAA Mountain Region Championships on Friday, November 15, in Riverdale, Utah.

The CU men are ranked first in the nation while the women are 10th in the latest national poll.

The Buffs will be competing for two automatic berths to the 2013 NCAA Cross Country Championships on Saturday, Nov. 23, in Terre Haute, Ind. There are nine regional championship sites, automatically qualifying 18 teams for nationals. Another 13 teams will be selected for at-large bids on Saturday by the NCAA selection committee.

The CU men have won this meet 15 of the last 21 times. In total, they have 19 regional titles, while the women have won 11 region titles. The women are ranked second in the region and the men are ranked first. Behind the CU men are No. 2 Northern Arizona and No. 5 BYU. There are three other teams in the region looking to do well. Colorado State is ranked 23[SUP]rd[/SUP], Southern Utah is 27[SUP]th[/SUP] and Air Force is ranked 29[SUP]th[/SUP]. On the women’s side, the best competition should come from No. 8 New Mexico. The Buffs and Lobos are the only two ranked women’s teams in the region.

Read more...

Why the hell do our local journalists like the word "harriers" so damn much? Does anyone ever use that word - ever - when having a conversation about distance runners? As in, "Yeah, Bob, I'm quite the harrier. Started in junior high."

1d0cb8c7c7d3938a148530599ebe4efc.jpg

Why the hell do our local journalists like the word "harriers" so damn much? Does anyone ever use that word - ever - when having a conversation about distance runners? As in, "Yeah, Bob, I'm quite the harrier. Started in junior high."

That's what I was thinking too, but just figured that it was my lack of cross country knowledge.

Back