What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hate to Admit....

Idot Buff

...I dislike most color commentators, and especially most play-by-play guys (see my comments on Mushmouth...)....but, whoever the guy was that was providing color on Fox SW was actually pretty good. He said from the beginning that Collins had his head up his ass for not putting pressure on Gabbert. And, he made a bunch of other smart comments.....very unusual for most of the d-bag guys on Fox....

...I dislike most color commentators, and especially most play-by-play guys (see my comments on Mushmouth...)....but, whoever the guy was that was providing color on Fox SW was actually pretty good. He said from the beginning that Collins had his head up his ass for not putting pressure on Gabbert. And, he made a bunch of other smart comments.....very unusual for most of the d-bag guys on Fox....

Agree. . . but it is pretty easy to look smart when you are commenting on a staff that clearly has no clue. It is not hard to point out the blatantly obvious, our coaching staff didn't have a clue, our game plan didn't work, and Missouri looked pretty smart because we stunk in all phases of the game.

at least we didnt have that dumb ass dave lapham and his color commentary consititing of the words "wow" and "uh oh."

Agree. . . but it is pretty easy to look smart when you are commenting on a staff that clearly has no clue. It is not hard to point out the blatantly obvious, our coaching staff didn't have a clue, our game plan didn't work, and Missouri looked pretty smart because we stunk in all phases of the game.

but here is the thing. the CU d had a lot of success over the past few weeks blitzing/stunting/what ever/ect to put pressure on the opponents qb. and today to start the game? nothing! nada. zip.

i was sitting there in the 1st qtr wondering if they went back to the toledo d game plan where things were "too complicated"? no. not the case. it was just a base prevent d for the most part of the 1st half.

i can understand it for the first series or two if you are unsure what exactly your opponent will do and adjust in the following series. but, they didnt. not until well into the 2nd qrtr.

why fix what is not broken? why reinvent the wheel? your D was succeeding when putting pressure on the QB. mizzou has a QB still in basically his 1st year. got hurt last week (i think?). and you play a base d with no pressure? bull****. put the pressure on him to prove he can beat you. once he does, then you adjust.

that D game plan was bad to start the game.

and before hitting enter....i went back and read what you wrote..... oops!!!! never mind and not at you, MTN.

i still will post it because i think my post has merrit and i want to vent some.

I swear the commentators have said things all season about what the coaches should and shouldn't be doing. I don't think I've seen commentators do that for any other team nearly as much as they do for CU. Then again I watch a lot more CU games than any other.

uh doesnt this coaching staff watch film? no if they did they would have not had that prevent you from winning d fence in the first half...the qb was a 1 legged gun slinger that picked us apart in the first half this staff must go......:smile2:

Back