What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hate To Whine About The Officiating But .....

The most pivotal play I thought was all the missed tackles that lead to Lazko's 80 yard TD run. If they played fundamental football, we would've forced a kick and maybe even scored again. But that's playing a game of 'what-ifs'. This was a great game to watch as a fan...lots of ups and down, lead changes, OT, tons of offense. One of the best FBS games this year.
I think the fumble return for a touchdown being called back really affected the team. They did fight back, but that was very pivotal. That was a fumble

I think the fumble return for a touchdown being called back really affected the team. They did fight back, but that was very pivotal. That was a fumble

Yes. Yes it was. That and the PI call back are the only calls I can be mad about.

The refs were decently bad yesterday to both teams. Good teams overcome those issues and we are not a good team yet. Simple as that.

I should have said "A very pivotal play" instead. In a game like that, there are more than one.

refs also missed a clear fumble in the first quarter, the guy was a foot from the ground when the ball came loose.

refs also missed a clear fumble in the first quarter, the guy was a foot from the ground when the ball came loose.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more people mention this. The announcers barely acknowledged it either. Cal got called for a chop block on the play, but we should have had a turnover in their territory. Fumble was clear as day.

I don't think we can really complain about the officiating. Yes we had some bad/missed calls hurt us but Cal had plenty of 'em too. Refs sucked in general for both teams but we still had our chances to win this game and failed.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more people mention this. The announcers barely acknowledged it either. Cal got called for a chop block on the play, but we should have had a turnover in their territory. Fumble was clear as day.
What quarter was that in?

I remember it and I remember them never showing a replay of it. I think at that point I figured he must have been down. At least that was my memory. Just as weird as the fumble for touchdown. Wow

Sounds like they screwed up two fumbles for us. Johnson swore up and down on the radio, that other play was a fumble too and Tedric scored. Figures.

The Tedric scoop and score was definitely a fumble.
That was definitely a reception and a fumble. If the earlier one is the one I'm thinking about, I thought they did show a replay on tv and I very grudgingly admitted to myself that the refs got it right (stopped clock/blind squirrel).

The Tedric scoop and score was definitely a fumble.

And they reviewed it! Holy crap! I can see missing it in the moment at real speed, but the review on TV made it clear that the receiver had the ball and was attempting to run with it. It wasn't close.

And they reviewed it! Holy crap! I can see missing it in the moment at real speed, but the review on TV made it clear that the receiver had the ball and was attempting to run with it. It wasn't close.

They may have reviewed it but they couldn't overturn it. They blew the whistle as soon as the ball hit the ground.

Back