What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Have you sent an email tonight?

Love sharkey. Hope I get the same ****ing form letter response from my latest email.

Post the link to the email addresses and a request to send an email on your FB page. Anyone that lives in this state has an interest in this **** getting fixed.

Records set in 2012 by Jon Embree.

Sorry Montanabuff, but I'm stealing some of your article :lol:
http://www.cuatthegame.com/2012/record-keeping/
Most losses, season – 11 - (Previous record, 10, set in 1980, and tied in 1984, 2006, and 2011)Most Points Allowed, Season - 552 (Previous record, 475, 1980)
Most Yards Allowed, Season - 5,862 (Previous record, 5,711, 2011)
Most Yards Allowed per play, Season - 7.11 - 824 plays for 5,862 yards (Previous record, 6.59, in 1980 – 775 plays for 5,108 yards)
Highest Total Average Yards per game, Season - 488.5 in 12 games (Previous record, 464.4 – 5,108 yards in 11 games in 1980)
Most consecutive losing seasons – 7 – 2006-12 (current) (Previous record, 6, 1979-84)
Most points Allowed, First half – 56 – (v. Oregon; tied previous record – UCLA, 1980)
Most Touchdowns Allowed, Half – 8 (v. Oregon; tield previous record – UCLA, 1980, first half; Nebraska, 1983, second half)
Most touchdowns Allowed, Season - 69 (Previous record, 63, 2011)
Most touchdown Passes Allowed, Game – 7 (v. Oregon; previous record, 6, USC, 2011, 2012)
Most average points Allowed, Season - 46.0, 552 points in 12 games (Previous record, 41.0, 451 in 11 games, 1980)
Fewest Victories at Home, Season – 0 – (Tied previous record, 1890 – 0-2; 1891 – 0-2)
Most Yards Rushing, single game, opponent – 366, Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona – (Previous record, 268, David Winbush, Kansas, 10/24/98)
Most Touchdowns Rushing, single game, opponent – 5, Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona – (Previous record, 4, on five occasions)
Most Points against, single game, opponent – 30, Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona – (Previous record, 4, on five occasions)
Longest rush against, opponent – 94 yards, Robbie Rouse, Fresno State – (Previous record, 90 yards, Walter Mack, Kansas, 1980)
Most games without a shutout at home – 150 (Streak ended with 38-0 loss to Stanford. First shutout loss at home since 28-0 loss to No. 1 Oklahoma in 1986)

Don't be discouraged by form letters. That's just a sign that the volume of emails is so high that they cannot answer them individually.

Just sent a second (my first was Wednesday).

Kept it short and sweet - my main point was that I couldn't afford to spend my disposable income on an activity that I do not enjoy.

Reactions: dio
Could not resist, popped another email to them.

Hello everyone,

I thought it would be a great time to drop you one more email as the decisions about the future of CU football are being made. As I watch the Notre Dame versus USC game tonight, I long for the days when we played in these types of games. The power of being one of the best is quite compelling, from both the desire for you University to excel in all they do and also from the perspective of marketing and exposure for the School.

Just a reminder, if ND wins this game and ends up in the BCS title game, it will be the first time they have played for a mythical national championship since we battled them in back to back years.

Notre Dame and USC are what we used to be and can be in the future if you commit to replacing Jon Embree with a solid, experienced head coach that has connections in our geographic region. Please commit to the steps that are necessary to brining the football program on par with the Nobel Prize winning academic departments. We should excel in all areas associated with CU.

Sincerely,

Buffalo Brad

Emailed everyone possible for the third time this week. Keep bringing the heat, Buffs! Save CU football!

Below is the letter I sent off to President Benson. I ahve also sent a variation to all of the Regents as well as Mike Bohn and the individuals associated with the foundation.

Dear President Benson:

I appreciate you taking the time to read this e-mail and as your time is valuable as is mine, I will make this short and sweet. I have been a long time season ticket holder (Section 117, 4 seats) and have been since I was a sophomore at the University in 1979. My best friend and I have owned these four tickets for years and frequently entertain business clients as well as spouses utilizing these tickets. Over the years, we have watched the disaster called Chuck Fairbanks, reveled in the glory years under Bill McCartney, followed the team under Slick Rick, suffered through the scandal under Gary Barnett and remained patient when Dan Hawkins was allowed five years to “burn this program to the ground”. However, this past year has been the most difficult as it has become obvious that loyal but unqualified former Buffs were given the “keys to the car”. For me, this is it! If Jon Embree and this staff is retained then I am done as a season ticket holder. If the administration of this school refuses to act then the message sent is that they don’t care and if you don’t care, don’t expect me to.

As I see it, there are three options with regards to Coach Embree and his staff. One is to do nothing and allow Coach Embree the needed resources and patience to make the necessary changes to his staff. The second option is to micro-manage the dismissal and hiring of a new set of assistant coaches including the offensive and defensive coordinators. The third option is to clean house and terminate this entire staff and utilize the resources necessary to bring in a new head coach and staff needed to turn this program around. None of the options are perfect, particularly in light of past decisions with regards to this program. The first option is the least attractive as Jon Embree has already proven he is over his head and cannot be trusted to utilize his judgment in correcting the problems with his staff. He is a great guy and loyal Buff, but clearly is in a situation that is too big for him. The second option is not attractive as this coach HAS CREATED divisions within his own football team. He has divided the players into various camps; players that were recruited by Dan Hawkins and players that he has recruited. Within these groups there has been further divisions which has led to distrust of the coaches. In short, Coach Embree has lost this team and I believe there will be a number of players that he has recruited that will leave this team. Recruiting is down and I don’t believe there is a message that Coach Embree can “sell” to recruits. More importantly, by retaining Coach Embree the message that is sent forth is that this administration is not committed to having a competitive, successful football program. This directly affect the CU brand which have greater ramifications throughout the system. Thus, I don’t see any logical, professional alternative than to clean house and start over.

Hopefully, you will agree with me and urge the President, Chancellor and Athletic Director to make the necessary changes needed to bring long term health to this troubled program. I would be willing to provide additional financial support necessary to help buyout Coach Embree’s contract in order to not further burden the University and it students.

I've answered the call, too.

Dear Regent XXXXX,

This holiday season offers much for which to be thankful.

I am making a plea that the University of Colorado system continue to make a priority for excellence in all facets of the university.

I am grateful for the good press this fall as it relates to Professor Wineland's Nobel Price in Physics and the continuing development of the Anschutz Medical Center. There is a great story behind each student, parent, faculty member, and alumni.

One of the focal points that provides exposure to the school and unites the many different friends of the university is, of course, the football program. It is a mystery to me to the reasons why a once great football program with a winning tradition has over the course of the last decade slipped from a conference champion to the troubled program that we have today. Something great has been lost.

During the same period, the University Medical Center has emerged as the largest medical investment in the country. The football program has been on an opposite trajectory of Anschutz, culminating in seven losing seasons and surrendering a succession of embarrassing defeats. I know from watching the medical center investment that the CU system is capable of great accomplishments when inspired to do so. Great accomplishments require commitment, focus, and prioritization. When compared to peer institutions, Colorado has de-emphasized the investment in football facilities and coaching talent that is required to be competitive within the conference. Our coach is paid the least in the conference. Facility investments for football have trailed the Big 12 schools and now that we are in the Pac 12 conference, we have fallen behind our new peers. Based upon results on the field, I can not tell that the University leadership has adequately empowered the Athletic Director to make hiring and firing decisions, and have access to resources on par with peer schools. I have no confidence in the direction we are taking.

In your opinion, what is the reason for the prolonged rough patch in football and what does the University plan to do about it? What is the best way that I can help in restore the luster on our proud gridiron tradition? I am willing to contribute additional funds if I know that those dollars are being used towards a clearly stated goal. I just need leadership willing to tell it like it is.

One of the biggest asks that I have for you is, once Bruce Benson retires, to do your part ensuring that leadership succession for the office of the president includes candidates that are absolutely committed in word and deed to restoring the athletic and adding to the academic excellence of the university. The status quo is not working for me.

This is a passionate subject. I treasure my degree from CU Boulder and my continued interactions with the university as a supporter of both academic and athletic programs. It is a cultural obligation for me to pass on the the spirit of excellence to this next generation of Buffs.

Regards,
XXXX (XX 'XX)
Presidents XXXXXXX XXXXX donor
Football Season Ticket Holder

Below is the letter I sent off to President Benson. I ahve also sent a variation to all of the Regents as well as Mike Bohn and the individuals associated with the foundation.

Dear President Benson:

I appreciate you taking the time to read this e-mail and as your time is valuable as is mine, I will make this short and sweet. I have been a long time season ticket holder (Section 117, 4 seats) and have been since I was a sophomore at the University in 1979. My best friend and I have owned these four tickets for years and frequently entertain business clients as well as spouses utilizing these tickets. Over the years, we have watched the disaster called Chuck Fairbanks, reveled in the glory years under Bill McCartney, followed the team under Slick Rick, suffered through the scandal under Gary Barnett and remained patient when Dan Hawkins was allowed five years to “burn this program to the ground”. However, this past year has been the most difficult as it has become obvious that loyal but unqualified former Buffs were given the “keys to the car”. For me, this is it! If Jon Embree and this staff is retained then I am done as a season ticket holder. If the administration of this school refuses to act then the message sent is that they don’t care and if you don’t care, don’t expect me to.

As I see it, there are three options with regards to Coach Embree and his staff. One is to do nothing and allow Coach Embree the needed resources and patience to make the necessary changes to his staff. The second option is to micro-manage the dismissal and hiring of a new set of assistant coaches including the offensive and defensive coordinators. The third option is to clean house and terminate this entire staff and utilize the resources necessary to bring in a new head coach and staff needed to turn this program around. None of the options are perfect, particularly in light of past decisions with regards to this program. The first option is the least attractive as Jon Embree has already proven he is over his head and cannot be trusted to utilize his judgment in correcting the problems with his staff. He is a great guy and loyal Buff, but clearly is in a situation that is too big for him. The second option is not attractive as this coach HAS CREATED divisions within his own football team. He has divided the players into various camps; players that were recruited by Dan Hawkins and players that he has recruited. Within these groups there has been further divisions which has led to distrust of the coaches. In short, Coach Embree has lost this team and I believe there will be a number of players that he has recruited that will leave this team. Recruiting is down and I don’t believe there is a message that Coach Embree can “sell” to recruits. More importantly, by retaining Coach Embree the message that is sent forth is that this administration is not committed to having a competitive, successful football program. This directly affect the CU brand which have greater ramifications throughout the system. Thus, I don’t see any logical, professional alternative than to clean house and start over.

Hopefully, you will agree with me and urge the President, Chancellor and Athletic Director to make the necessary changes needed to bring long term health to this troubled program. I would be willing to provide additional financial support necessary to help buyout Coach Embree’s contract in order to not further burden the University and it students.

This is short and sweet?

Dear dudes,

I keep hearing all this chatter about certain groups wanting the head football coach fired and I am shocked. Shocked to learn that the kids actually have a coach. I figured you guys were being cheap again and wanted to save a few bucks by not getting coaches but sure enough I found out you guys are spending the least amount in the PAC 12 for the least amount of wins ( don't do the math on a per win basis it is not pretty).

I gotta admit, I am a discount shopper as well and next year instead of spending hundreds of dollars watching the cu football team look like a pee wee team. I'm going to watch an actual pee wee team. So thanks for saving this guy some money.

Cheers, tante

Well done - lucky for as, as an admin, by rep gun never runs empty. Keep em rolling in, and I will keep the delivering the rep

Hello all,

I just noticed my credit card was charged for Colorado Buffaloes Season Football Tickets a few months ago (I don't check my statements regularly, because money is no issue to me). I immediately called my provider to report this fraud, because I know we disbanded our team seven years ago.

The customer service representative informed me we do have a football team still, but "may as well not, you guys suck (*laughs audibly*)". I told her that was mean and asked who she cheers for. She said Kansas.

So I have two favors to ask of y'all:

1. Please cancel my Colorado Buffaloes Season Football Tickets so I'm not charged anymore
2. Please add Kansas Jayhawks Season Football Tickets because it sounds like they're better

Let me know if you can't do this.

Thanks,

Rugged

I received a response from Sue Sharkey to my email from Wednesday. I'm sure it was a form letter, but I appreciate she is the only one who has responded (so far).

Just sent this-

As a 21 year season ticket holder since I graduated from the University of Colorado in December of 1990, I am one of your biggest football fans. I attended two Orange Bowls, two Fiesta Bowls and the Cotton Bowl where I was lucky enough to watch my beloved Buffs win three out of these five prestigious games. We were all very proud of CU back then and college football nation considered the Buffs to be up there with the Michigan's, Nebraska's and Florida State's. Fast forward to this season and we just witnessed this-

Most losses, season – 11 - (Previous record, 10, set in 1980, and tied in 1984, 2006, and 2011)Most Points Allowed, Season - 552 (Previous record, 475, 1980)
Most Yards Allowed, Season - 5,862 (Previous record, 5,711, 2011)
Most Yards Allowed per play, Season - 7.11 - 824 plays for 5,862 yards (Previous record, 6.59, in 1980 – 775 plays for 5,108 yards)
Highest Total Average Yards per game, Season - 488.5 in 12 games (Previous record, 464.4 – 5,108 yards in 11 games in 1980)
Most consecutive losing seasons – 7 – 2006-12 (current) (Previous record, 6, 1979-84)
Most points Allowed, First half – 56 – (v. Oregon; tied previous record – UCLA, 1980)
Most Touchdowns Allowed, Half – 8 (v. Oregon; tield previous record – UCLA, 1980, first half; Nebraska, 1983, second half)
Most touchdowns Allowed, Season - 69 (Previous record, 63, 2011)
Most touchdown Passes Allowed, Game – 7 (v. Oregon; previous record, 6, USC, 2011, 2012)
Most average points Allowed, Season - 46.0, 552 points in 12 games (Previous record, 41.0, 451 in 11 games, 1980)
Fewest Victories at Home, Season – 0 – (Tied previous record, 1890 – 0-2; 1891 – 0-2)
Most Yards Rushing, single game, opponent – 366, Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona – (Previous record, 268, David Winbush, Kansas, 10/24/98)
Most Touchdowns Rushing, single game, opponent – 5, Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona – (Previous record, 4, on five occasions)
Most Points against, single game, opponent – 30, Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona – (Previous record, 4, on five occasion
Longest rush against, opponent – 94 yards, Robbie Rouse, Fresno State – (Previous record, 90 yards, Walter Mack, Kansas, 1980)
Most games without a shutout at home – 150 (Streak ended with 46-0 loss to Stanford. First shutout loss at home since 28-0 loss to No. 1 Oklahoma in 1986)

Going to the Pac 12 was supposed to have been a step forward but it has been the exact opposite. The University of Colorado football program is now a national embarrassment and has a solid standing in ESPN's Bottom 10. http://espn.go.com/college-football...ot-impressed-kansas-state-wildcats-face-plant

I have never sent an e-mail like this before but feel the University of Colorado and it's brand can not take anymore negative press and is at a crossroads. To retain Jon Embree for another year will set back the football team for at least another three year cycle. Embree was supposed to be a great recruiter but last I looked Colorado was ranked #66 with word that two 'verbals' have now de-comitted including four star Colorado TE Mitchell Parsons. There's also talk that another commit may also de-commit for the college football powerhouse Idaho.

The University of Colorado must be proactive and not sit idle or they will end up a bottom feeder of the Pac 12 for years to come. Going to Folsom Field used to be something I looked forward to but it's now a chore and I feel like my money is going to waste. If Jon Embree comes back to coach the 2013 season I will know that CU doesn't take their football program seriously and because of that I won't renew my two season tickets. If you show the fans, the state of Colorado and the nation that the University of Colorado is invested in their football program and decides to go a different direction not only will I renew my tickets but will make an additional donation to the AD. The ball is in your court and it's up to you to make the right call.

Sincerely,

InTheBuff

Back