What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawaii game slated for ESPN

I scoff at your idea of hot (122 in Phoenix, June 1990).

fcbd3365-d7d2-4654-9218-26922b1fafe3.jpg

I scoff at your idea of hot (122 in Phoenix, June 1990).

I scoff at your scoff.

Dallas, where I regrettably reside, had 100 days over 100 in 1980. It doesn't max out like Phoenix, but makes up for it in ugly.

Nights don't cool down as much here on the humid prairie, either.

Honolulu hot doesn't scare me.

Hawaii doesn't get that hot. Chances are that it'll be in the high 80's with a shower coming through in the afternoon.

Booked my ticket yesterday! Fly in Thursday before the game, leave the following friday. Staying at the Marriott Beach Club at Ko Olina! Can't FACKING WAIT, GO BUFFS!!!!!
Marriott-Ko-Olina-diamond-timeshare-resorts.jpg
Marriott-Ko-Olina-Beach-Club-36-1024x682.jpg

Booked my ticket yesterday! Fly in Thursday before the game, leave the following friday. Staying at the Marriott Beach Club at Ko Olina! Can't FACKING WAIT, GO BUFFS!!!!!

:woot: Congrats! CU in Hawaii. :gobuffs:

you can see that hotel from the airplane real easy if you are flying in from Kauai. :lol: If I go, I will be sleeping on a friends couch. Not so nice. Cheaper though.

Satyed there a couple years back and it was great! I played the Ko Olina golf course too and it was beautiful

Ko Olina is also closer to the stadium than Waikiki is. It's just on the other side of Pearl Harbor if my memory serves.

Ko Olina is also closer to the stadium than Waikiki is. It's just on the other side of Pearl Harbor if my memory serves.

Might not be closer, but it is a straight shot rather than all the lights and traffic in town. (there'll still be traffic, but that is just how Oahu is . . . )

I scoff at your scoff.

Dallas, where I regrettably reside, had 100 days over 100 in 1980. It doesn't max out like Phoenix, but makes up for it in ugly.

Nights don't cool down as much here on the humid prairie, either.

Honolulu hot doesn't scare me.

Sounded like a challenge, so I googled it - Dallas had a record 42 consecutive days over 100 in 1980 (69 total). Pretty hot, but...

Here are some fun Phoenix 100 degree facts from NOAA:
Average annual number of days with maximum temperatures of 100 of higher 1896-2006: 92
Average annual number of days with maximum temperatures of 100 of higher 1971-2000: 106
Least number of days with maximum temperatures of 100 or higher: 48 in 1913
Greatest number of days with maximum temperatures of 100 or higher: 143 in 1989
Greatest number of consecutive days with maximum temperatures of 100 or higher: 76 in 1993

But we can go beyond that...
Average annual number of days with maximum temperatures of 110 of higher 1896-2006:� 10
Average annual number of days with maximum temperatures of 110 of higher 1971-2000: 17
Least number of days with maximum temperatures of 110 or higher: 0 in 1911
Greatest number of days with maximum temperatures of 110 or higher: 32 in 2007
Greatest number of consecutive days with maximum temperatures of 110 or higher: 18 in 1974

When I hate it the most is when it never goes below 100, day or night. But you can sort of get used to 100, it's the 110+ days that make it hard to breathe outside. Yes, Phoenix is hotter, longer. Which is why I'm going to be retiring in Hawaii in a few... (BTW, we hit 100 on 4/1 this year, no fools, and it's supposed to get back there today by some reports - others have it at 99.)

All I can say is unless you are in prison, get the **** out of there. Sam Kinison had some advice on that matter.

@Z - That's some hot chit in Phoenix. Way hotter than Dallas. Yikes. Why do people live there, again?

In Dallas's defense as a more craptasitc city than Phoenix, I'd add a lack of easy access to the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Flagstaff, Sodona/Red Rocks and various national parks. Plus there is the issue of Texans....

Back on topic - I believe a 4:15 kickoff in Honolulu will, in comparison, be doable in spite of "the heat."

All I can say is unless you are in prison, get the **** out of there. Sam Kinison had some advice on that matter.

I believe what he said was "We have deserts in America but nobody f***ing lives there!!! Oh OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!"

Of course, he conveniently forgot about Phoenix, Tucson and Las Vegas.

Back