What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawaii Game

This shows how silly it was to be worried about Tad leaving for KU; there is no way a blue blood like Kansas touches him until he has a lot more success on the court.

Im hoping tad really takes a hard look at where this team is- players, coaches, his own responsibility. If he is a great coach, develop a plan to get this ship headed the right direction NOW. It would really suck to lose all the sellout crowds at Coors and slip back into being a weak basketball team. I'm counting on Tad to get this right!

He's on!

Been said before but ever since Dinwiddie went down there is a definite trend now with this team.

Well, it is not always easy and shouldn't be, but they just look clueless and have only one option... little movement to open another option.

It's just easy for every other team in the country. Including junior high and high school teams.

Im just upset with another loss. What Tad has done with our attendance, home game win streak, etc. it's great. But we all are disappointed with 7-5 and it raises some concern about player development. Did anyone see 7-5?!!

Are people actually calling out Tad Boyle and saying he is on the hot seat???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are people actually calling out Tad Boyle and saying he is on the hot seat???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but he is a part of the problem. He isn't on the hot seat, but it is a results oriented business, and so it is on him to bring results. These are his players, if they are not developing like expected, that is on him as a coach. He either made mistakes on most of them, or he and his staff have not developed them as well as they should.

Colorado is not going to get McDonalds All-Americans so player development is the most important thing for the program.

He needs to call himself out publicly

He sort of did, in the post-game interview. And honestly, it's not really his fault for all these horrible turnovers. A D1 coach shouldn't have to be telling his players not to throw bounce passes to big guys in traffic. Nor to pick up your dribble deep in the frontcourt, or to watch out for strips from behind.

He even said that they have been a "mediocre team since 1-9-14 and it is on him and his staff to change that". "The world doesn't owe us anything, we have to go out and prove ourselves. Improve as a staff and as a team."

Why 1-9-14? Is that when Dinwiddie went down?

Last edited:
I thought it was after 1-9-14. But glad to hear Tad take responsibility. Fix it, Tad! We are still 0-0 in the pac.

He even said that they have been a "mediocre team since 1-9-14 and it is on he and his staff to change that". "The world doesn't owe us anything, we have to go out and prove ourselves. Improve as a staff and as a team."

Why 1-9-14? Is that when Dinwiddie went down?

I believe Spencer went down at 1-12-14

Is that the date when the "girl" thing started to break out? lol

What's all this about a "girl thing" last year? I thought Spencer and Arielle were a pretty tight couple. There's a thread in Barzil that could be posted in.

Not happy. The performances in the Hawaii tourney sure don't make me look forward to the UCLA game.

We need 8-9 wins in conference to get to the NIT. I don't see that happening even in a down year for the Pac 12. So we're looking at the CBI at best.

We're in big trouble IMO for the foreseeable future. Tad missed badly on the entire sophomore class, you can't just have 4 guys that are deadweight on your roster and be successful. That can set you back years. After XJ, Ski and Scott, we have a huge chasm in raw talent. (Dom remains to be seen, and Wes isn't a total liability)

IMO Tad got lucky with Spencer and Roberson, neither were highly recruited but turned into NBA level talent. If we don't get some actual offensive talent in here fast, we could be looking at a serious return to mediocrity at least in the short term.

We need 8-9 wins in conference to get to the NIT. I don't see that happening even in a down year for the Pac 12. So we're looking at the CBI at best.

We're in big trouble IMO for the foreseeable future. Tad missed badly on the entire sophomore class, you can't just have 4 guys that are deadweight on your roster and be successful. That can set you back years. After XJ, Ski and Scott, we have a huge chasm in raw talent. (Dom remains to be seen, and Wes isn't a total liability)

IMO Tad got lucky with Spencer and Roberson, neither were highly recruited but turned into NBA level talent. If we don't get some actual offensive talent in here fast, we could be looking at a serious return to mediocrity at least in the short term.

most predictable drive by of the night?

This is interesting (in a bad way):

Hawaii is the seventh of 12 opponents the Buffs have allowed to make seven or more shots from beyond the arc.

Tad has some serious issues with his defense right now.

Back