What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawaii On Oct 19?

Note to the local GJ radio humps: In this case, UH stands for the University of Hawaii, not the University of Houston, or Cougar High, like you've been reporting all morning. 30 seconds of research might have told you Houston is playing BYU that day, but I guess that's a bit much to ask for... :rolling_eyes:

They have radio there?

Yep. Unfortunately the sports talk sucks as bad as sports talk everywhere else....

At least the Buffs are getting air time there. Heck of a lot better than in Denver.

Suspect we end up traveling to Hawaii down the road if they agree to come to Boulder on the 19th. Likely a bargaining chip.... Maybe a bit more loot also..... Hope it works out though!

Suspect we end up traveling to Hawaii down the road if they agree to come to Boulder on the 19th. Likely a bargaining chip.... Maybe a bit more loot also..... Hope it works out though!
That would be a good thing. Scared our recruiting that area left with Cabral

we are already going there in 2015, we might just be moving up their trip from next year to this year.

I don't know when we will see Fresno State here, maybe 2016 or later.

I have a buddy who is a UH (Hawaii, not Houston) season ticket holder. He's pissed because they changed the name back to "Rainbow Warriors" from just "Warriors". I suggested they be re-named the "Fighting Humuhumunukunukuapua'a".

No need to play Hawaii in basketball. We can dictate what week in September we want to play little brother to little brother. They were willing to move their game in 2011, and they're doing it again in 2015 when we play in Honolulu again. They're even easier for scheduling purposes, as we'd get that extra game. 600k and another game in Honolulu should it IMO.

You might want to check your travel schedule...

http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/

maybe TimmyDUBs is going to have one of those 10 day weekends.

Damn it, I have been thinking it was that weekend for the past few weeeks. I fly standby and live on Hawaiian time, so I don't plan well. Perhaps it will end up being a ten day weekend!

I have a buddy who is a UH (Hawaii, not Houston) season ticket holder. He's pissed because they changed the name back to "Rainbow Warriors" from just "Warriors". I suggested they be re-named the "Fighting Humuhumunukunukuapua'a".

Your buddy is a complete punani. Rainbow Warriors is the right name.

Huh-vai-ee just agreed to a 1-for-2 with Wisconsin (2015, 2021, 2022), announced it about an hour ago.

We might be better off playing them now, while we're healthy.

I can guarantee we have more depth than them. Plus they'd be coming off a long trip to UNLV and in colder weather. I could see the line being -10.

CU and Hawaii athletic departments have had a good relationship in the past.

Hawaii is short on cash so the payday is a good deal for them, especially since they wouldn't have to make the trip all the way from the islands. They also have big problems scheduling non-revenue sports. Give them a payout and a couple of trips to the islands by soccer, VB, tennis, XC. Cost us some money but nothing like losing a home fb game would and make a nice recruiting tool for those programs, and if we send women's teams the cost will count towards title IX.

Cheehoo! Ho brah, da grinds stay so ono. The musubis, ahi poke, malasadas, poi, kau kau, at the luau wen' broke da mouff. I no can believe how you like go surf when da kine Buffs goin' play UH. E komo mai, mahalo nui loa, cuz.

It is weird to name them after a restaurant in Maui.

It is weird to name them after a restaurant in Maui.

The Humuhumunukunukuapua'a.
humu.jpg

Cheehoo! Ho brah, da grinds stay so ono. The musubis, ahi poke, malasadas, poi, kau kau, at the luau wen' broke da mouff. I no can believe how you like go surf when da kine Buffs goin' play UH. E komo mai, mahalo nui loa, cuz.

Left my Pidgin dictionary (that I've had since '79) at a Hawai'ian party...in Tampa. I'm never going to see that thing again.

Nebraska has an open date Oct.19, just sayin' :lol:

Hope Hawaii comes through. I still think Idaho would be a solid back up plan because they're in more desperate need of $$ than anyone.

Other non-BCS programs with open date Oct 19th: UTEP, UT-San Antonio, Tulane, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Marshall, Bowling Green, Middle Tennessee State. Someone's likely interested in that $$ and would get the waiver for a 13th game. Maybe the necessity of FBS is overblown. As absurd as the NCAA is, if we were forced to face another FCS team in this predicament and somehow made it to 6-6 and didn't get an exemption for automatic bowl eligibility, it would be a new low for the NCAA.

Nebraska has an open date Oct.19, just sayin' :lol:

Hope Hawaii comes through. I still think Idaho would be a solid back up plan because they're in more desperate need of $$ than anyone.

Other non-BCS programs with open date Oct 19th: UTEP, UT-San Antonio, Tulane, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Marshall, Bowling Green, Middle Tennessee State. Someone's likely interested in that $$ and would get the waiver for a 13th game. Maybe the necessity of FBS is overblown. As absurd as the NCAA is, if we were forced to face another FCS team in this predicament and somehow made it to 6-6 and didn't get an exemption for automatic bowl eligibility, it would be a new low for the NCAA.

I like this list.

Tulane should have a pretty good idea of what it's like to have a weather event screw up your schedule.

Back