What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawaii On Oct 19?

Hawaii blogger likes the idea:

The blog host doesn't get a vote.

But if he did, he would mark, "Heck, yes!" on the Proposition 10/19 question: Should the Rainbow Warriors accept an offer to play Colorado in Boulder on Oct. 19?

First, it's football, and playing one more game is better than staying put at 12. I mean, face it, how thrilling was last week's bye? Paint the town beige, anyone?

Then there's Colorado's latest offer of a $600,000 appearance fee. If we were to minus travel, hotel and food costs, that still would leave more than $300,000. That's a lot of bagels, fruits and nuts for an athletic program that threw a news conference to announce a $150,000 donor.

If I were UH, I'd even knock off $100,000 in exchange for round-trip charter flights. It still would come out ahead, even if the team stayed at the Four Seasons.

Of course, the tsk-tsk folks will argue that the players will miss too much school time. But will they? This year, the Warriors are leaving a day later than they did last year. They are on track to miss 12 1/2 school days, including the week they will remain on the mainland between the Utah State and Navy road games. If they were to get a charter flight to Boulder, they could depart on Friday, missing only one full day of school. So, yes, they would miss Friday's lectures. But let's not pretend we really care if a player misses an extra day of classes. Coaches care. Parents care. Players probably care. The rest of us? Not so much.

Take the game. Take the money. Then close your office doors, shut the blinds, and do the celebration dance because this is indeed a much-neeeded windfall.

Where do people come up with this ****? Pulled it from the blogs comments:

1. PolyMom:
    September 19th, 2013 at 5:04 am
    I say play away. That is a game we could win. Colorado is a terrible football team. Did you know one third of the team has medical marijuana cards? NCAA is after them about this. But it's legal there.
    I don't agree with Ferd Bout this game.
    Does anyone see the Nevada game on network or Gameplan yet?
    GO WARRIORS!
    BEAT the WOLF PACK!!!!!

Love the comedy. By the way, what is taking so long? Let's get this done already.

I don't think we should play them because I've heard Hawaiians are cannibals. I don't want to be eaten.

I'll be there at the end of January. The dark meat goes fast so please RSVP now.

Would you eat Dply in Hawaii?

Semper Gumby
3q3wj0.jpg

Ok - Is this going to happen? Is hawaii on the clock? Are we looking at other opponents and when do they get to throw their hat in the ring? Is it first up first play? What the hell are we waiting on.

Kool Aide Niagra Falls - "Notre Dame, like many colleges, faced severe financial difficulties during World War II. The US Navy made Notre Dame a training center and paid enough for usage of the facilities to keep the University afloat. Notre Dame has since extended an open invitation for Navy to play the Fighting Irish in football and considers the game annual repayment on a debt of honor..."

I'm hoping that whatever team we pick, we will beat, and it will help us get to a bowl, crank up recruiting, and result in a turnaround of the program to national prominence (dominance). In turn, we could have a relationship with them that Notre Dame has with Navy. This is my Utopia.

Makes me think they're coming but are pulling a negotiating gambit knowing that time is not on our side and that every day that passes increases their leverage.

Agree,

Think they are trying to either get a multiple game contract out of this or get scheduling for some other sports.

They have some serious financial issues in their athletic department and would like some assured payouts for the future. They also have a hard time getting teams to come to the islands to play (partly due to distance, partly because they can't pay a big payout for what is an expensive trip.)

The same applies to other sports as well so I wouldn't be surprised to see the final outcome of this including CU athletes in non-revenue sports getting a trip to Hawaii in the future.

No news means Hawaii is negotiating? I would love to be a fly on the wall for those conversations....

Agree,Think they are trying to either get a multiple game contract out of this or get scheduling for some other sports.They have some serious financial issues in their athletic department and would like some assured payouts for the future. They also have a hard time getting teams to come to the islands to play (partly due to distance, partly because they can't pay a big payout for what is an expensive trip.)The same applies to other sports as well so I wouldn't be surprised to see the final outcome of this including CU athletes in non-revenue sports getting a trip to Hawaii in the future.
Agreed. I think its a football only deal though given their money situation, though. They're fairly easy to schedule, as I said earlier, since we can tell little brother which week in September we want to play them---They were moved in 2011, and I think we're going to move little brother back a couple weeks in 2015 when we go back to Hawaii. I actually like the extra game exemption we'd get out of that trip, provided its at home. I know Ohio State was a unique set of circumstances (not a full On top of that, Hawaii football is a giant mess right now, and will probably remain that way for a while given the Chow hire---which will turn out to be a mistake. They peaked when they were a run and shoot team, and thats not what he does.

Back