What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Backers, where you at????

I was on the bandwagon and willing to stick with Hawk up to the 2010 season...I changed my mind...Hawk needs to take us to a bowl game or hit the road!

Wow.

As a Hawk supporter, this is hard to say, but that coaching performance was just terrible. I'm not off the bandwagon yet, but the slack is just about taken up.

I'm sure that I'm not the first to point any of this out, but while I thought the schemes we used on both sides of the ball were fine, the execution was just terrible. Dropped passes, stupid penalties, running the play clock out, missed blitzes leading to Cody getting tagged.

And I'm sorry, but unless Darrell Scott took a dump on Hawk's desk this week he should have had every carry that went to Sumler. Period. At this point, Sumler is a sub.

If you are going to go for it on 4th and short, why on earth do you run a stretch play outside? Either run it right at them or play action, or a play action off of that stretch play, but actually running the stretch play?

To Syko: sorry to hear about your mom.

I hear you. But basically I think these are excuses.

It doesn't explain the flat effort in preparing for a bitter rival with a little-brother in-state program.

It doesn't explain the poor schemes.

It doesn't explain why CU's top playmakers weren't given the ball.

It doesn't explain getting significantly outcoached by the other team.

Yup, csewe was playing harder last night and it showed. The problems with this team start on the trenches and that has a cascading effect. No holes for the RB's to run in, and I'm still mystified at why DS isn't in there on almost every snap. Cody is running for his life, even when he doesn't have to on those roll-outs. :rolleyes:

And on defense Stucker had way too much too much time to throw. And that's gonna make any QB look good, even someone who's starting their first college game in a visitors' stadium.

Bottom line is that we saw too many bad things last night that just don't make sense.

Being unable to adjust your personnel is on the coach, being unable to get plays called is on the coach, having the team come out with no energy is on the coach, being unable to run a hurry up offense when down by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter is on the coach, repeatedly getting beaten the same way down field is on the coach. Getting beaten solidly in the first game 2 of the last 3 years is on the coach, not having your most talented players on the field is on the coach. Too many excuses not enough results IS ON THE COACH.

I don't think you can blame this on the coach. Cody would walk to the sidelines to get the play and the play clock was always at about 10 sec when he got to the huddle.

We can complain about the slow play calling but since last season everyone complained about the hurry-up spread offense and now everyone is complaining about slow play calling and straight ahead running game. I just don't get it.

bohnhead has yet to produce a "homerun" in any of his hires as an AD in any of his jobs. he's good fundraiser and PR guy but doesnt know shhitt about about picking succesful coaches

He went with the Heels because they have some great Boosters that were going to back him up. Along with the school. It seems like Hawkins is always fighting with the school about everything. I think this is what Neu was talking about when he left for UCLA. "the have and have nots". :sad1:

Neu left for Washington. Not UCLA.

I don't think you can blame this on the coach. Cody would walk to the sidelines to get the play and the play clock was always at about 10 sec when he got to the huddle.

We can complain about the slow play calling but since last season everyone complained about the hurry-up spread offense and now everyone is complaining about slow play calling and straight ahead running game. I just don't get it.

Seriously?

When you're down two scores in the 4th qtr you need to be running the hurry up, or at least have some sense of urgency, not running 6 minute methodical drives.

North Carolina was not anything more than the Baylor of the ACC. Rumor has it he and Bohn talked. My guess is they could not agree on money, funding, or leniency in recruiting enrollment standards.
The Baylor statement isn't accurate. Sure their football teams have not been good, but they have a hell of a lot more to offer than Baylor does.

Not worse than Montana St...give us a break.

Most would argue this was worse than Montana St. I would.

Montana St beat a CU team with a new coaching staff and very little talent.

4 years after that game, this team arguably has more talent, and the coaching staff has had four years to bring in their players and scheme.

After an offseason of promises, bitching about the media coverage, closing practices and giving the infamous "10 wins, no excuses" speech, this team needed to put up.

Instead, a bad MWC team came into CUs home field and punked them.

Helfrich's not around to bash anymore, the bad... no... atrocious offense is a direct result of poor coaching.

The team wasn't ready to play.

The fact that more physically talented QBs aren't ready to replace Cody is an indictment against the staffs ability to teach, or recruit, or both.

There are still no adjustments... meaningful adjustments to adjust to what the opposing defense is doing.

I'm sorry, but after rewatching the game, Cody was singlehandedly responsible for every third down failure in the first half, through poor accuracy or poor decision making. Standing by him after that performance is just insane.

Last year injuries were the excuse. What's the excuse this year. The 'young team' excuse is **** at this point. There's no reasonable conclusion other than poor coaching.

Bohn hired the wrong Boise St coach.

I was on the bandwagon and willing to stick with Hawk up to the 2010 season...I changed my mind...Hawk needs to take us to a bowl game or hit the road!

:dito:

This loss is un-****ing-acceptable. More than Mt. St - that was Hawk's first game with a team that GB lost and had not accepted Hawk as their new coach.

This is Hawk's 4th year, at home, against a team the players should not have any trouble getting up for, with Hawks players who, by all account have "bought in."

He has a chance to turn this season around (although I'm not sure how), but he'd better get on it, because I'm not giving him any more mulligans.

Win or be gone.

This thread was done right after the game. I still think hawk is a fraud but the thread comes off as if i'm rubbing it in your face and that i'm happy about the loss so hawk can be fired. I want cu to win ****ing period. I don't want to go through another coaching change that sets us back another 4-5 years. But he and this staff have got to be smarter than this and come up with a game plan and stick to it.

North Carolina was not anything more than the Baylor of the ACC. Rumor has it he and Bohn talked. My guess is they could not agree on money, funding, or leniency in recruiting enrollment standards.

As Valdez said, I wouldn't agree about the Baylor comment, but as an institution UNC is a hell of lot tougher to get into that CU, so they must have some serious leniency in their recruiting standards. :huh:

As Valdez said, I wouldn't agree about the Baylor comment, but as an institution UNC is a hell of lot tougher to get into that CU, so they must have some serious leniency in their recruiting standards. :huh:

They can be whatever big 12 bottom feeder you want. The point is they sucked and had the most losses in the ACC year over year over year going back a ways.

What your all missing is that Butch Davis has put a much better product on the field comparatively. He makes $1.8mil v Hawks $800k

They can be whatever big 12 bottom feeder you want. The point is they sucked and had the most losses in the ACC year over year over year going back a ways.

What your all missing is that Butch Davis has put a much better product on the field comparatively. He makes $1.8mil v Hawks $800k

I'm not at all disagreeing that the has put a better product on the field and he got them to 8 wins in just his 2nd year, and they only 3 games the year before he arrived, 2 of which came at the hands of Duke and Furman.

But he must be getting better overall support from the school especially given their tough admission standards.

You get what you pay for, and CU wants to pay cheap. Hence, the cheap product we've been seeing the past few years.

This thread was done right after the game. I still think hawk is a fraud but the thread comes off as if i'm rubbing it in your face and that i'm happy about the loss so hawk can be fired. I want cu to win ****ing period. I don't want to go through another coaching change that sets us back another 4-5 years. But he and this staff have got to be smarter than this and come up with a game plan and stick to it.

As we have seen (Fairchild) it won't take that long if we get the right guy. Live and learn if we don't see progress after two years move on.

This talk is ridiculous. We were not going to win the NC this year anyway. But one loss, and all you "buff fans" abandon ship like a bunch of crybabies. "Where will Scott go?" "Who's our next coach?" What a joke. Maybe Hawk is the right guy, maybe not. I still hope the Buffs are able to turn it on this season, because that's what I want as a fan and alum, and, more than anything, that's what I want for the players who choose tp suit up for CU on Saturdays. To think you people would rather see an entire season wash away, just so you can say, "I told you so!" Pathetic. Have some faith, or quit with your "shoulder to shoulder" b.s. in the future.

Back