What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk got one thing right...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
we have a team with a high GPA, the rest of the off season stuff was crap.

Just few observations from there weekends game:

If CH really is the best QB, CU is in deep trouble. He went 21 for 40 four 222 yards. That is roughly 5.5 yards per attempt. Well below an "efficient" number usually that number is around 7.0 for quality QB. If you back out the one long pass of 44 yards, it dropped to 4.5 yards. What that means is there were a ton of 5 yard comebacks and 3 yard flairs. If you watched that game you know that is the case. CH does do some things well, the 5 yard comebacks and 3 yard flair look good. He also throws a nice seam route to the tight end. Beyond that it is hit and miss. Long passes are almost always sideline or post patterns when in single coverage and then he has to heave it which makes it inaccurate.

Opposing DC's have to be licking their chops, and I suspect the long tendency of struggling to put up more than 20 points will continue.

What does the staff see in a punt return? I see indecision, except for the last return, which, of course was penalized.

1 carry for Scott? 29 freakin' rushing yards? Pathetic.

The team looked flat and not prepared to play. I have said you give a guy five yeras, and I still believe that, but DH has put himself in such a hole, I doubt it is salvageable now.

Hawk now looks like a coach who doesn't know what to do, or knows what to do, but doesn't understand it isn't working. To get rolled liek a drunken sailor on shore leave by a team of players who wouldn't get a scholly offer from CU AT HOME is the beginning of the end. IF Hawk is really coaching for his job against Toledo, he's already a goner, it's just a question of how long the pain lasts...

Last edited:
Re: Hawk go tone thing right...

Scotty McKnight should punch Cody right in the mouth for throwing high and behind him over the middle of the field. Scotty is lucky his head is still attached to his body.

Scotty McKnight should punch Cody right in the mouth for throwing high and behind him over the middle of the field. Scotty is lucky his head is still attached to his body.

Anything down the field with CH lacks accuracy IMO. He had one pick, and very nearly another, both horrendous decisions on where to throw the ball. The pick had three CSU DB's within two yards of the ball. I don't know what coverage they were in, but CH does not have the arm to thread the needle over the middle. JMO, as ticket buying, taxpaying, alumnus.

Lots of dropped balls out there, too. Not alot of pass blocking, either. No running game and a huge, early deficit thanks to the defense.

This one is not on Cody.

Lots of dropped balls out there, too. Not alot of pass blocking, either. No running game and a huge, early deficit thanks to the defense.

This one is not on Cody.

Probably true, but his limitations are the most glaring. He is not going to win a game on his arm. He has to have a strong run game and defensive support to be successful. Once CSU got a two TD lead and CU had to pass to win, it was over, CH isn't that type of QB. Robert Hodge was too. Hodge was succesful because he could count on 200 ypg on the ground. Hodge could run when he got into trouble too. No further comment necessary.

The problem is that Hansen can actually make plays happen and we need as many playmakers as possible on the field right now.

if Hanson is on the shelf to RS, that eliminates other teams having to prepare for him or a change of pace.

This one is not on Cody.

I'm inclined to agree, Cody got a lot more of the blame than he deserved. That was still a loss with Hansen under center.

The only advantage Hansen has over Cody that I can see is increased mobility. Of course, if your O-line is not going to block, mobility is a bigger deal.:huh:

that was a personal foul on that play either helmet to helmet or a forearm

Cody has struggled for over a year now. He is not the answer at QB.

that was a personal foul on that play either helmet to helmet or a forearm

BS. It was a great hit and the little helmet to helmet was unintentional. It was a poorly thrown ball high and behind Scotty. He was hung out to dry. I don't believe there was a personal foul on that play. Just an unfortunate hit and fumble.

BS. It was a great hit and the little helmet to helmet was unintentional. It was a poorly thrown ball high and behind Scotty. He was hung out to dry. I don't believe there was a personal foul on that play. Just an unfortunate hit and fumble.

BS. The kid led with his head which is a Personal foul, intentional or not.

I don't think it was a dirty hit, but it was an illegal hit.

Also I think it is comical how you guys what to rag on Cody. How many passes did Cody have dropped on him that hit guys in the hands. I can think of 3 pretty nicely thrown balls that should have been caught that would have been key plays had they been caught.

And no I don't count this one. Fright McKnight got hammered with a big hit, I would have been suprised if the did hold on.

McKnight had caught the ball, come down, turned and took a step before the hit. I really don't think you can blame the hit on where the ball was thrown in this case.

And yes, it was a personal foul. He led with his head, and there was helmet to helmet contact. I don't particularly like the rule, but that was a textbook example of it... :huh:

BS. The kid led with his head which is a Personal foul, intentional or not.

I don't think it was a dirty hit, but it was an illegal hit.

Also I think it is comical how you guys what to rag on Cody. How many passes did Cody have dropped on him that hit guys in the hands. I can think of 3 pretty nicely thrown balls that should have been caught that would have been key plays had they been caught.

McKnight had caught the ball, come down, turned and took a step before the hit. I really don't think you can blame the hit on where the ball was thrown in this case.

And yes, it was a personal foul. He led with his head, and there was helmet to helmet contact. I don't particularly like the rule, but that was a textbook example of it... :huh:

You're right, by the rules it was illegal. But I don't think it was intentional or dirty.

I'm not ragging on Cody, only saying it was a poor pass. Even great QB's make poor passes.

I'll have to disagree with you Junc regarding the pass location/ hit. I believe if the pass were in front of Scotty and he didn't have to slow up the timing of the hit wouldn't have been there, maybe he wouldn't have gotten hit at all.

Did you count the one thrown to the CSU db that should have been returned for 6 in that figure?

I watched a few other games this weekend and saw a lot less obvious penalties called to protect the defenseless player. This one would have been a penalty even under former rules. You can't go helmet to helmet, and you should be penalized for it.

But our problems lay in the OL that couldn't provide protection and a secondary that made mistakes. Hey, these guys are young, and they proved it. Hawkins couldn't deal with the rush and should have been replaced, but Coach had (has?) tunnel-vision on red-shirting Hansen. Hansen could definitely have provided a spark in the game.

Back