What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Q and A

No interview with Hawkins would be complete without a mention of "the little things"

He really is a caracature of himself. A cartoon. A running joke.

"It was a bunch of little things."

:lol::lol::lol:

The way he answers the first 3 questions makes me thing he´d make a good politician.

Watching/reading Embree and D2D talk really is a difference like night and day.

On the day that CU learns the new TV deal will amount to around $20 mil in 2012, I'm so effing glad all things Hawkins have been purged from the team. We could have the best facilities in the nation, a roster full of 5* recruits and D2D would have figured out a way to make the team look like crap every week.

Where you surprised Texas went 5-7 last season?

"I know people are up in arms: 'How does that happen?' I don't think people truly grasp how hard this winning thing is. You get a bit of crumbling and you have people lobbing rocks at the tower. I'm sure they were under pressure, and that makes it harder to get back on your feet.

"Everybody wants the coach and team to be perfect. It won't happen. There will be some down years ... that's part of it. Will you be allowed to learn and develop from that? Mack [Brown] made some big changes. People say, 'You are getting all that money, that shouldn't happen.' Well, show me a place where it doesn't."

:rofl: still convinced.

"It was a bunch of little things."

I'm trying to move on. So I'll just say that those little things sure added up under bad management of the program by Dan Hawkins. I'm gonna leave it at that.

not clicking on that ****. Dan Hawkins is an asshole and a FAILURE as a football coach. Screw him.

Texas losing had nothing to do with losing their OL from a team that went the BCS game, no run game at all, inability to stop the run, and G. Gilbert struggling mightily in his first year to replace the all-time completion % leader in the NCAA....and a one-dimensional ("call that VY or Colt zone-read") OC who had NEVER understood having a dropback QB and no run game wasn't a great idea. more about rocks and castles and Merlin or something.

wow forgot how much hawk speak made me want to get a drink. my head literally hurts.

I had a flashback in which I expected to see a question along the lines of "Who is the starting quarterback?" and him to say it is a close competition.

I have never heard anybody who was a more prolific name dropper than D II. It's like commiserating with Pete Carroll shines the turd his coaching career is. The guy is a joke....

Obviously Hawk was not up to the task at CU, which was clearly demonstrated by his abysmal W-L record. However, I just don't have the antipathy for him that the rest of you do. Neuweasel is the ex-coach I love to hate.

Actually, I thought the interview was pretty classy. He didn't take any pot shots. He complimented the academics of the school, spoke intelligently about the move to the Pac 12, and handled the Cody question pretty well. Compare that to Neu, who unraveled a well oiled machine in a few short years, then grabbed a life raft before he was about to get fired, screwed our recruiting class, and then trashed CU on his way out the door.

Cree...are you Misty?

Hawk should have no credibility in college football. Why does anyone care what he says? He is positioning himself for a position coach job at the little sisters of the poor. No way he will ever be a head coach at even a secondary college. The interview was the same sidestep BS Hawk pulled off the last 5 years. There was nothing classy about it. Neu is a lowlife, Hawk is below him.

Cree...are you Misty?

Hawk should have no credibility in college football. Why does anyone care what he says? He is positioning himself for a position coach job at the little sisters of the poor. No way he will ever be a head coach at even a secondary college. The interview was the same sidestep BS Hawk pulled off the last 5 years. There was nothing classy about it. Neu is a lowlife, Hawk is below him.

Well, Misty is counting the millions, so not a bad person to be.

I really don't disagree that he is positioning himself for a new gig and that his smarmy BS is annoying. I just think he could be a massive douche on the way out and he hasn't been IMHO. Trust me, I wanted him fired in the worst way because he's a bad football coach. I don't think he's as much of a self serving ahole as Neu, so on that point we'll just have to disagree.

For this, I will never remove my sig.....what a vaginal blood fart he is....

This was just as painful to read as when he was head coach. When you get to the end of hs anser, you have to re-read the question, and then try and figure out if he ever answered it.

This was just as painful to read as when he was head coach. When you get to the end of hs anser, you have to re-read the question, and then try and figure out if he ever answered it.

he does what he always did. take a question about something objective (like the team, CU, or last week's L), and take the opportunity to talk about himself.

as far as Hawk not trashing the program, i think his way too obvious aversion to anything substantive and the "there are great people in Colorado" thing is meant to appear that he's taking the high road and damning CU as hard as he can with faint praise. at least he admits he didn't know everything when he came in 06, unlike what he told us then.

I haven't gotten it finalized, but I'm sure I'll be doing something with ESPN this fall. I haven't signed that contract; we are talking about what it will look like.

Studio work will be bad enough. I really hope that this assclown won't be doing color commentary! I'd have to watch with no sound.

Back