What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Show on AM 760 as we speak...

THANK YOU ON THE NEPOTISM THING. Again, not a Hawk homer at all, I'll put a for sale sign in his yard if he doesnt win 7-8, but, thats the dumbest **** Ive ever heard. "C'mon guys, I'm the head coach at Colorado, do you REALLY think I'd take this job to start my son? We proposed this to Tyler, theres 14 coach's in the room, if Cody doesnt play well, TH will" etc, etc.
I agree he's ****ed up alot, but, nepotism isnt one of those areas IMHO.

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about his facetious line right before making the above statement, where he said "yea it's all a conspiracy - man didn't land on the moon, there was a shooter on the hill...". :rolleyes:

The thing that gets me is that he's saying he's redshirting Tyler to help him out. I can't imagine that any D-I coach would redshirt a player as a favor if he thinks that player can help them win now. Furthermore, I don't think that Tyler's chances of playing in 2 or 3 years will be necessarily be any better than they are now. :huh:

All this aside, QB play isn't one of the bigger problems with this offense right now.

All this talk about emotions would some how change our views on Hawkins is funny to me. If he was yelling at the top of his lungs and storming around, all the people here would talk about how "Hawk can't handle the pressure" and "Hawk looks like a fool out there". Please.

dudehead...

i'm not talking about yelling at the top of his lungs. i'm talking about working the officials when he has a guy laid out on the field. most teams respond to that. and the crowd responds to that. and...ultimately the officials respond to that.

get a clue...

No one said he had to run around like a lunatic.
Whoops:huh: I might have. E-mailed him Sunday night (whiskey-induced) and said something along the lines of "You know, I'm a supporter of you, but, why is it every other coach runs around the sideline like a ****ing lunatic, yet, you cant even seem to raise your voice with an official. They're big boys...you wont hurt any feelings."
Sh*t.

Last edited:
Yup. Hawkins needs to show us something on Friday. Not just a win, but he needs to slaughter Toledo. But I really don't see that happening.

Based on, and I know this is tired, but based on his body of work, and his road record, I think I'd consider it improvement to even come out with a close win.

Hawk has always had problems with spread/passing teams, and Toledo is going to put it up a lot. Unless the D-Line make a miracle change, I think Toledo is going to get their points. If CU can establish the run, which Purdue had no issue with, it should be a good game.

dudehead...

i'm not talking about yelling at the top of his lungs. i'm talking about working the officials when he has a guy laid out on the field. most teams respond to that. and the crowd responds to that. and...ultimately the officials respond to that.

get a clue...
He was walking out to check on Scotty last time I saw it. What a prick!

I don't know it was THAT bad. I was maybe hoping for more humility, I think.

He comes off as smug.

He completely ignored the question about DS's injury status because the caller used the word 'internet'. Still no explanation as to why he said DS was nicked and Hagan said DS was fine.

He did say, at least I heard, that he's happy if the punt returner catches the ball. That returns are a bonus, and really, because of the rules, we shouldn't expect returns.

Usual answer about Cody and Hansen.

Finished up with a good/bad rant. Good in that he called for support from the fans, and rightfully so, shouldn't be booing and insulting the players. What bothered me was the "we're building a foundation" statement. He's 4 years in, there better be a foundation in place, and we better start seeing something Friday.

Also the "we're not your fathers buffs" I kind of took that as laying the basis for an excuse. If the team is losing scholarships because of APR problems, it falls directly on him as HC. Others took that as pushing a realization on people. Kind of open to interpretation though.

I kind of agree with Hawk, the foundation when its comes to PR, public image, black cloud over the program, etc has been lifted (especially in the state of Colorado and media). Now obviously he hasn't won yet, but the program is in much better shape to move forward whether its by his coaching staff or a new one.

I haven't been a huge fan of Hawk's coaching but I believe he should be given until next year to turn it around. I know I'm in the minority around here, but I don't think we have the talent to be a consistent winner yet and the best players we have are all underclassmen. I don't follow recruiting very closely other than who we have in commits and what others were offering them (which from what I see this year its not very promising). I don't know what the perception of Colorado is out there for out-of-staters but I have to conclude it still has some lingering image problems from the past. Maybe Hawk needs to make moves on the coaching staff to improve the recruiting or something but its obvious to me in order for us to turn it around it has to start in recruiting and DEVELOPING that talent. I'm a firm believer that we will not be successful without a good quality number of athletes from the state of Texas and California. The state of Colorado doesn't have the quality of athletes to supplement a Big 12 quality program. I won't mention names, but I think about half the guys we have on the roster right now that are from Colorado really aren't Big 12 caliber of players. And I look at the other offers some of these guys have and its Wyoming and the CSU's of the world. I don't care if rivals gave them a 3-star or 4-star or whatever star, I just don't think there are Big 12 quality players.. Could we hit a home run on one or two of those guys? Absolutely. But for the most part, they will not be up to Big 12 standards. We need to find more talent outside the state.

Hawk laid an egg on Sunday and it was an embarrassing performance. I don't dispute that but I'm not ready to pull the plug yet.. He needs to pick it up though.

Also, I don't think Hawk would play Little Hawk if he didn't believe he was the best QB the team had and gave the team the best chance to win.. Now I think its definitely open to debate whether having Little Hawk on the team has hurt Hawk's chances to get a blue-chip QB in here, but I don't believe the argument that Hawk is just playing his son because that's his son.

Hawk is right on one thing, This is definitely not your father's buffs. It hurts, but its reality.

I don't understand the Scott situation at all. The only thing I can think of is that Scott can't pass block (pick up the blitz) which is why he's not in there very much.

Last edited:
He was walking out to check on Scotty last time I saw it. What a prick!

of course he was. he is no prick.

oh...you meant me...

:smile2:

seriously...in my opinion he needs to start showing the same level of emotion on the sidelines that he showed his fan base when he first got here.

and working the officials is part of his job.

and so is dealing with the media.

Last edited:
We were in the stands well before you got here, and will be long after you Hawk. Many of us have stuck up for you and the job you've done so far, despite the 13-25 record. We don't demand you win every game, but we do demand you quit blowing smoke up our ass. :pissed3:
:congrats:

Rep coming your way. Well said.

of course he was. he is no prick.

oh...you meant me...

:smile2:

seriously...in my opinion he needs to start showing the same level of emotion on the sidelines that he showed his fan base when he first got here.

and working the officials is part of his job.
If you're implying hawkins never works the officials you're not correct.

And I wasn't calling you a prick. But if you took it like that. Oh well.

I still feel this notion that if Hawkins started to be more animated on the sidelines, the team would respond. I remember this argument last year. People always brought up Jon Gruden. Where's he at now? I thought teams respond to that? :huh:

I still feel this notion that if Hawkins started to be more animated on the sidelines, the team would respond. I remember this argument last year. People always brought up Jon Gruden. Where's he at now? I thought teams respond to that? :huh:

umm he won a super bowl.

gruden won a super bowl as i recall...

(ooops...too late)

Last edited:
This whole deal that if Hawk was more vocal, or animated, that his team and fans would respond is complete bull****. Fans would be on him as they are now for losing.

You know, you post one little reminder about Hawk's call in show on here and it turns into a fight....:lol::thumbsup:

This whole deal that if Hawk was more vocal, or animated, that his team and fans would respond is complete bull****. Fans would be on him as they are now for losing.

bull**** is right...i am a fan and i am on his ass for not being animated. and it appears i am not alone...

edit...actually i am not on his ass for not being animated. i am on his ass for not doing the "little things" (hawks words not mine) in the coaching job that can make or break a game. one of those is getting on the officials once in a while when the momentum in the game is changing.

Last edited:

Agreed, although if you suck, it looks better if your yelling and ranting and raving than just standing there shrugging your shoulders.

Agreed, although if you suck, it looks better if your yelling and ranting and raving than just standing there shrugging your shoulders.

It might look better, but what does it accomplish? I'm sure most kids on the team know Hawk better than you or I. You know?

I agree with both of you. As a guy who is a Hawkins supporter and thinks it will translate to wins on the field soon, the loss's would have/will have been easier had it looked like he cared as much as I did.
That being said, different styles for different folks and I dont give a **** if he gives the officials a handy at halftime as long as we win.

Back