What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk supposed to be interviewed on AM 1510

It sickens me to think that Hawkins feels that if I contribute more money to the program it's going to fix his ****ty coaching.

It's all about getting your money, no matter if they produce a bad product each year. They've gotten away with it for far too long in all 3 major sports, time for the fans to tell bohn, donations will come with wins.

Listen, the pressure is on Mike Bohn and DiStefano every bit as much as it is on Hawkins. If anyone thinks that a move won't be made next year if Hawkins doesn't turn it around, they are wrong. Hawkins is on a very short leash, as I keep saying. Everyone knows it, including recruits, unfortunately.

Listen, the pressure is on Mike Bohn and DiStefano every bit as much as it is on Hawkins. If anyone thinks that a move won't be made next year if Hawkins doesn't turn it around, they are wrong. Hawkins is on a very short leash, as I keep saying. Everyone knows it, including recruits, unfortunately.

If he goes 5-7, I'm thinking he stays. We'll see.

You think stoops goes to ND? I'm thinking a big no.

Why would Stoops leave OU? He's built himself a palace there. Then again, ND just paid Weiss $18M to fail :lol:

If he goes 5-7, I'm thinking he stays. We'll see.

You think stoops goes to ND? I'm thinking a big no.

I think he is very interested, but that doesn't mean he takes the job.

Financially he has a long time left on his contract, and I'm sure there has to be a buyout provision that Notre Dame would have to pay unless he has a clause to go to Notre Dame.

Not sure why he would try to use any Notre Dame interest to get a better deal at Oklahoma as he has a pretty lucrative offer that was just extended, so that isn't a reason to lure them on. So there really is no benefit for him to flirt with them unless it is just for recruiting purposes.

Stoops might be interested for the challenge, the "history", and also to recruit better nationally. At OU, they certainly get very talented kids but nearly 90% of them come from Texas/Oklahoma. Maybe Stoops wants a "national" team where he can lure kids from California, Florida, Ohio, New Jersey, etc.?

If they can't get Stoops, then I think it will be either Gary Patterson or Brian Kelly. Patterson knows what it is like at a private university, is a defensive minded coach, and has stated that only a "school with lots of advantages" would interest him over staying at TCU. Kelly has already been talked about alot.

If it isn't one of those 3 coaches, then I wonder if they look at Charlie Strong who was an assistant at ND under Holtz for a year.

I highly doubt Meyer or Stoops will want to go to ND. I know it might be a dream school to coach at and build back up, but failure is more likely than success there. When Clausen and Tate leave this year, their offense will be in rebuild mode, their defense is awful. Meyer has been grooming that Brantley guy at QB fora while now, time to see what he has. Stoops situation might not look as great with Landry Jones at QB, but I doubt he has no faith in him. Probably more faith in him than Dayne Crist at least.

This year they could pass off the happy talk and keep Hawk for another year. Next year he has to perform or face the music.

If he loses for another year there is no way that they will be able to ignore the ourcry of the fans and the donors. Without wins there will be a lot of empty seats in Folsom and a major decline in revenues. At the same time even without a renegotiated contract the buyout will be at least $800,000 less and they will be one more year removed from the Barnett buyout.

At a minimum he has got to get a bowl game. Anything less and I don't see how he keeps him job.

I think Hawk is here until its the final year on his contract. I think he won't be fired next year even if he only wins 3 games. I think the administration does not give a **** about football, and so as long as hawk keeps the program clean, he won't get fired. he wins 6 games and I bet he gets an extension.

That's what I'm hoping, but I'll take it even further. Do you guys consider 6 wins a successful season? Especially if 2 of those wins come over the likes of CSU and Hawaii, I really won't be jumping up and down at the idea of more Hawk.

So long as he improves over this year's win total, I think Hawk keeps his job. JMO though.

So long as he improves over this year's win total, I think Hawk keeps his job. JMO though.

That may be tough for him as bad as he coaches. Looking at the schedule 5-6 wins should be what we end with. That means he stays by in MHO. I think we are stuck with this ****er.

That may be tough for him as bad as he coaches. Looking at the schedule 5-6 wins should be what we end with. That means he stays by in MHO. I think we are stuck with this ****er.

I don't think Bensen could give a s*** and DiStefano is a spineless bastard. That said this was a money decision and publicity decision. Another sub-par year and the publicity and pressure get hotter on the administration and the cost of the buy-out goes down. That combination will make it easier to do what needs to be done.

Okay observations time I have taken in from this thread. You have to be ****in kidding me! The HC of CU football uses other reasons for poor showings on the field? 1 thing he may not say but the 1 yr contracts for assistants is ****in pathetic.

Results of the football team are Dan's job the rest is not his honestly. God Hawk have some accountability and more importantly if you need excuses on why you are failing own up and resign.

Okay observations time I have taken in from this thread. You have to be ****in kidding me! The HC of CU football uses other reasons for poor showings on the field? 1 thing he may not say but the 1 yr contracts for assistants is ****in pathetic.

Results of the football team are Dan's job the rest is not his honestly. God Hawk have some accountability and more importantly if you need excuses on why you are failing own up and resign.

Annoying isn't it. It would be so easy just to come out and say he needs to do a better job but he just won't say it. His ego is the problem and always will be. Accountability is demanded by everyone else except himself.

Btw, Canadiens are great to party with, had a group of 15 staying at the same resort down in mexico and we had a blast. Two of the couples we stay in touch with and he even came down last year to watch an Avs-Flames game.

Question about the 1 year contract. Who renews them on a yearly basis. Is it the University, the coach or whom?

I was listening to Shapiro and Armsrong this a.m. They were recapping the cluster**** that is CU FB. They said yesterday Woellk and Armstrong asked Bohn if Hawk had to have a winning season next year to keep his job. Bohn said, "No". Is that true? If it is CU FB is a total joke because the admin, including the AD could not care less if they win.

I was listening to Shapiro and Armsrong this a.m. They were recapping the cluster**** that is CU FB. They said yesterday Woellk and Armstrong asked Bohn if Hawk had to have a winning season next year to keep his job. Bohn said, "No". Is that true? If it is CU FB is a total joke because the admin, including the AD could not care less if they win.

That's correct. I didn't hear the Bohn interview but I happened to catch Armstrong and Woelk recapping the interview and they said that Bohn's answer was a straight-up "no" when asked if Talkins has to have a winning season next year to keep his job.

Bohn is a politician. He is not going to commit publicly to anything. People need to say anyting he says in this regard with a grain of salt.

Question about the 1 year contract. Who renews them on a yearly basis. Is it the University, the coach or whom?

I believe that the athletic department (Bohn and Hawkins) have to submit the request through the university (DiStefano) and if authorized there then goes onto the agenda for the Board of Regents to vote on for final approval. I don't think any single contract for that much money can be approved without the BofR's authority.

I've gotta say something. I don't know why Hawkins comes across so poorly. I think a lot of it has to do with failed expectations among the fans and the media. I do think he is a good guy. I also know for a fact that the players love the guy. One other thing I know is that Hawkins pays attention to the kid's academics and holds them accountable. Aside from winning, which I hope begins to happen, he really works at doing things the right way in all areas. So, to see him continually get ripped here just gets on my nerves. And, yeah, I criticize him for some of his public "sound bite" things. But I think I cringe at them because I want him to succeed as opposed to those who just don't like the guy.

I've gotta say something. I don't know why Hawkins comes across so poorly. I think a lot of it has to do with failed expectations among the fans and the media. I do think he is a good guy. I also know for a fact that the players love the guy. One other thing I know is that Hawkins pays attention to the kid's academics and holds them accountable. Aside from winning, which I hope begins to happen, he really works at doing things the right way in all areas. So, to see him continually get ripped here just gets on my nerves. And, yeah, I criticize him for some of his public "sound bite" things. But I think I cringe at them because I want him to succeed as opposed to those who just don't like the guy.

I know lots of nice guys, they aren't smug and their EGO isn't bigger than the rest of the world. Tell you what, why doesn't bohn get a real football coach in here and let Dan mentor the players as a "Life and behavior" consultant?

Everyone wins :thumbsup:

I know lots of nice guys, they aren't smug and their EGO isn't bigger than the rest of the world. Tell you what, why doesn't bohn get a real football coach in here and let Dan mentor the players as a "Life and behavior" consultant?

I've said it before, you can hire a study hall monitor and life coach for a heck of a lot less than $1MM a year. Hawk is paid to win FB games, the other stuff is secondary. He has apparently bamboozled the admin into believing he's paid because he does the secondary things well, or the admin is stupid enough to believe the secondary things are more important.

To analogize, it is sort of like going to your CPA after you get your fourth consecutive request for an audit by the IRS, and having him tell you how sharp his pencils are and how snazzy his paperwieght is.

I've said it before, you can hire a study hall monitor and life coach for a heck of a lot less than $1MM a year. Hawk is paid to win FB games, the other stuff is secondary. He has apparently bamboozled the admin into believing he's paid because he does the secondary things well, or the admin is stupid enough to believe the secondary things are more important.

To analogize, it is sort of like going to your CPA after you get your fourth consecutive request for an audit by the IRS, and having him tell you how sharp his pencils are and how snazzy his paperwieght is.

:lol:

Hawkins is definitely smug and has a huge ego. The school needs to decide what their priorities are in a coach, for sure. I'm pretty sure that their number one priority is to win. I think the whole scandal thing kind of put pressure on the admin to create some sort of prototypical program that "values academics and character" more than winning. I'm not sure that they have a handle on where the balance needs to be.

Hawkins is definitely smug and has a huge ego. The school needs to decide what their priorities are in a coach, for sure. I'm pretty sure that their number one priority is to win. I think the whole scandal thing kind of put pressure on the admin to create some sort of prototypical program that "values academics and character" more than winning. I'm not sure that they have a handle on where the balance needs to be.
:lol: And you base that on what? The admin has a handle on something, I often wonder if it isn't a part of their anatomy.

:lol: And you base that on what? The admin has a handle on something, I often wonder if it isn't a part of their anatomy.
Yeah, I kind of contricted myself. I should have said "I HOPE their numbe one priority is to win." :thumbsup:

Back